• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

everytime i close photoshop, all my open brush groups collapse

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually when i open a brush group in photoshop and close the app and restart it, everything stays open, now in the newest update i have to go back and open all of my brush groups to start working, is there a option to keep the brush groups open everytime i close photoshop?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
23 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I just got a new computer and installed the latest version of Photoshop on it. Previously I was using 24.0.7 (I think it was) on my old computer.  For reference my old computer was windows 10, and my new one is windows 11.

I got all my brushes and presets and everything on the new one. But one quirk I keep running into is that whenever I run photoshop, it closed all of my brush folders.  I have one at the top called "my most used brushes" (original, I know) that I just like to keep open full time. And sometimes I keep my specialty brush folders open when I'm working on a project that will take more than one day.  The older version of photoshop used to keep them open for me.

Is there a way to keep this behavior in the latest version? Is there a setup thing I might have missed? Any advice would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, hadn’t even noticed that so far … but it appears to be the same way on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this drives me crazy been looking for a solution as well.
I think I had this problem with an earlier version as well and I fixed it by turning off preset syncing, but as far as I can tell this feature doesn't exist anymore.
This bug is even worse than the color wheel not updating 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cr234 , as a work-around until this gets resolved (if at all) you could move the (important) Brushes out of their Groups and use Groups as »separators«. 

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09.03.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue, I've tried reverting to older versions with no avail. Adobe please fix this, for those of us who rely on large brush sets like digital painters this is boyond inconvenient. This is basic functionality of Photoshop, your clients should'nt have to worry about these kinds of bugs and there have been a LOT in 2023! These are professional applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a further annoyance, Photoshop is now collapsing all of my right side workspace tabs except for the one at the top (Swatches). So I have it set up with Swatches at the top, then Layers/History, then Character. When I start up photoshop, Layers/History are are collapsed and Swatches take up the entire remaining right side workspace menu area.  I have to open these up now every time I start up photoshop.  I have not changed anything on Photoshop, nor have I updated. It just started doing it one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jakkal , did you save the Workspace in its intended state? 

What happens if you Reset the Workspace? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler  The workspace was saved. Resetting the workspace restores it how I want it to be. But once I close and reopen photoshop, it has the same problem of collapsing everything on the right side except the swatches.

I've also tried deleting and recreating my workspace, but that also  did not fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Workspace Preferences settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler (Hopefully this screenshot works, if not I'll stick it on imgur)

Jakkal_0-1706541371451.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, not was I was hoping for … 

Could you post a screenshot of the »wrong» state? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong state:

Jakkal_0-1706542391211.png

Correct State:Jakkal_1-1706542417351.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue. 

Does the issue also apply when the Panels are on the right side of the screen? So not docked to collapsed ones? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the collapsed ones to the left side next to the brushes and closed photoshop. Reopened and it's still collapsing all but the swatches. I also moved the layers to be on top, then Character, then swatches. I saved it as a new workspace profile. Closed photoshop and reopened it. It's still doing it with the top panel (Now Layers/History)

Jakkal_0-1706543698447.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post complete screenshots, so one can see what actually is where. 

Are you using Application Frame? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full Photoshop 

Jakkal_0-1706544933820.png

I don't think I'm using the application frame? If it's on by default then I might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Application Frame? 

What happens if you undock the Toolbar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, don't see Application Frame on here:

Jakkal_0-1706545583456.png

Undocking the toolbar doesn't change the existing behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not sure what happened. But getting frustrated with all the bugs I'm experiencing with version 25, I installed version 24, and then 25 started behaving.  I was no longer experiencing the issue of collapsing workspace tabs.  I don't think that 24 changed anything for 25 since it's a separate install, but it did seem to affect it somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had a similar problem, and what I had to do was do a clean installation of Photoshop.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/trying-to-do-a-complete-clean-uninsta...listagem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Resolved, I am running Sonoma 14.3.1