• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixer Brush not working properly (build: 23.4.1)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Mixer brush on first stroke does not sample the layers and is applying what appears to be a dark grey mix. Must undo the first stroke, and then subsequent strokes properly sample the layer.

Settings:

Load the brush after each stroke: Off

Clean the brush after each stroke: On

Custom

Wet: 27   Load: 27   Mix: 47   Flow: 49

Enable Airbrush: off

set smoothing: 10%

Brush angle: 0

Sample all layers: Off

Always use pressure: off

Device: Mouse

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

It hasn't been fixed yet.(PS 23.5)

On Keyboard, Press x, x and change mixer brush size. than bug again. same foreground color load.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-mixer-brush-not-working-corrrectly/idi-p/12803667

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/mixer-brush-start-white-or-black-not-clean/idi-p/13121416

There are reproduction methods in these links as well. Not yet fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KS-JMP, thank you for sharing. Our tests here show the brush to be working as expected. Could you share a video of what you are seeing? Is this happening on all images or just one?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do my best to share a video. I will attach some images to start. It is happening for all images. But it depends on where you start your sampling.

pt1 - original .pngpt1 - second stroke.pngpt1 - first stroke.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the captions came through on those images. If not, please see the image filename. This is example one. There is an original image, then first stroke (greyish), undo, then second stroke (different coloration)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example two. This time with a different area of interest, the brush is seemingly working better. pt2 - original.pngpt2 - first stroke.pngpt2 - second stroke.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in both examples that the stroke behavior is different from first stroke to subsequent strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too: I have a preset (the only difference being that I use sample all layers on), and as soon as I change the brush size, it picks up the foreground color (no, I didn't include the color in the preset), so everytime I have to clean first the brush, and then use the tool. Never happened in past versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I fully understand what's going on here, or if I'm trying to reproduce properly.

Have set my mixerbrush according to @KS-JMP's example, and tried with sample all layer on and off. 

The mixer brush seems to work appropriately. 

A video, perhaps with narration would be useful for figuring out what's happening or not happening here.

Thank you!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest, will try to record a video.

I guess the problem is with presets: after selecting a brush mixer preset, ad soon as I change the brush size, the sample color turns black, even though the setting are set to clean the brush everytime. 

I hope this makes some sense, I'll try to post a video later today. 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is a screen grab: as you will see, as soon as I try to change the size of the brush, the sampled color turns black (even white if I scroll...), while it should be clean and load the color just when I stroke.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t38lpol6x20tppp/20220630-085049.mp4

I create a preset with the settings of @KS-JMP but that's not the problem, I mean, even with the ones I created the problem is still the same.

Thank you for your consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is precisely the issue, resizing resets the brush with foreground color.  Looks like a recent fix with Mixer Brush introduced this.  I'll log and work with the Dev to fix.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is very helpful.  @KS-JMP and @ジョルダーノ  If you click on the Current Brush Load dropdown, is Load Solid Colors Only checked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chad Rolfs  no, in none of my presets: all have that option not selected

_0-1656641247103.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chad Rolfs no, all my presets have that option not selected:

_0-1656641330851.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ジョルダーノ Thank you!  I'm able to reproduce the issue and will have assigned the bug to a Dev to fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chad. The issue is reproducible if you create a tool preset. Then select the mixer brush through that tool preset instead of the left panel. That will cause the problem to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD: please merge with this thread: Mixer Brush not working properly (build: 23.4.1)

The problem appeared in the latest update (23.4.1). Widows 11

The essence of the problem is that when opening a new document and activating the Mixer brush tool preset, the first stroke is not always, but often black. As if color overlay is enabled:

2022-07-01_22-14-09.png

But it is turned off both in the tool settings and in the preset settings:

2022-07-01_22-14-23.png

All subsequent strokes in the same document do not have this effect and work correctly until the end of the work with the document (without any additional actions, it is enough to draw the brush one more time). On the next document, everything is repeated again. Reset photoshop settings, reset tools settings does not help. Deactivate native canvas and disabling graphics card acceleration don't help (either together or separately)

Problem only when working with preset. If you just select a tool on the panel and adjust it, then everything is fine.

I can't find a definitive way to reproduce this. The problem comes and goes. In the video, I open a 56.8 mb PSD file with one background layer, 695x463 mm 300 dpi from the disk, gaussian blur it (maybe this is important), then activate the preset and try to make a stroke. I noticed that the problem does not appear on newly created documents (or it appears extremely rarely). Also, the problem does not appear if you re-open the document on which it manifested itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD: please merge with this thread: Mixer Brush not working properly (build: 23.4.1)

The essence of the problem is that when opening a new document and activating the Mixer brush tool preset, the first stroke is not always, but often black. As if color overlay is enabled:

By @jazz-y

I've moved your post.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more update more problems come out!

press b b b but the brush dont want to come out!

and when brushing on the layer mask, there will brighter the image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this took awhile for me to make. But here is a video that demonstrates the problem.

Scenario: Each time the mixer brush is newly selected from Tool Presets, it will cause problems on first stroke. Undo, then second stroke yields a different (normal) result. Selecting a new mixer brush preset yet again results in the same behaviour.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-kFXGdW/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KS-JMP Yep, have a Dev looking at this bug right now. Thanks for the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't been fixed yet.(PS 23.5)

On Keyboard, Press x, x and change mixer brush size. than bug again. same foreground color load.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-mixer-brush-not-working-corrrectly/idi-p/1...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/mixer-brush-start-white-or-black-not-clean/i...

There are reproduction methods in these links as well. Not yet fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.

I want to use the mixer brush without a color, but on every first stroke it sets the foreground color as its own color and make a mess. Seems to happen every time I open a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update (2023) I am having this issue and it is infuriating because it is slowing down my workflow. I don't know how to fix it. Has anyone figured it out? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to fix it at this time. Other than rolling back to this bug-free version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines