• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Align Layers slightly misalinged

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted about this previously, but perhaps someone has new sugestions.

I am shooting mutiple exposures of the same fixed image. The images have been taken on a Canon 5D Mk IV on a sturdy tripod with a remote shutter release at the same aperture. I use BBF to reduce any in camera movement. 

Because I want to blend those images, I need to ensure the frames or layers are all 100% aligned.

As I shoot and edit a lot of images, I like to speed up my worklow as much as possible by creating preset 'actions', and Auto Align Layers is one of my 'actions'.

Before I apply this preset, and when I zoom in on the 3 layers, all 3 appear aligned. However, when applying >Auto-Align Layers>Auto this misalignes the layers (see attached images).

'Nudging' as as been suggested before is time consuming.

All suggestionss for a solution welcome.

Mac OS Ventura 13.1 PS v.24.1.0 attached images at 400%

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Thank you, the team will investigate this issue.

Cory

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you run Align Layers?

Can you confirm both Photoshop and Lightroom are listed and active under Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui les deux ont accès à mon disque. J'ai fait une copie d'écran. La barre de progression de bouge pas.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-02-06 à 10.55.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I have found that helps sometimes is unlocking the base layer. It still doesn't work all of the time but does a better job, in my experience. Let me know if this helps you. If auto-align still doesn't work I change the blend mode to difference and nudge accordingly, which I hate doing. If auto-align could be improved and work better that would be a major time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Toujours dans l'impossibilité de faire l'Alignement automatique des calques... 

C'est frustrant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fuzzmut since this is still stemming from your original post, https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-auto-align-layers-slightly-misalinged/idc-...

Ive asked that it be merged back in there for updates.

I checked and no one suggested the new update would resolve this issue. Did you try the last suggestion solution of unlocking the layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fuzzmut wrote:

Toujours dans l'impossibilité de faire l'Alignement automatique des calques... 

@Fuzzmut and @kevin stohlmeyer 

I've moved this post to the primary thread as requested.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 20+ years of experience I can confirm Auto Aligh feature almost never worked accurately. Will be there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% correct. One of the techniques I have learned is to actually switch the blend layer (whatever you're trying to align to the base, i.e., main, layer) to 'Difference'. When the two layers are 100% aligned, they should have a difference of precisely 0, and you are left with complete black. 

Here, I copied some of the right part of the image for a blend layer, and showed what often happens when PS attemps an auto-align. Do you see the faint outline/lines in the black? That is because they are not aligned, and we are seeing a difference, albeit a very slight one. Nudging it literally one pixel results in a total black, in other words, they are now completely aligned!!! 

Just a helpful technique..."Difference". 

Nevertheless, I hope this can be corrected. Sometimes the blend layer is too warped to offer a perfect alignment. I've noticed this when using the 'auto' feaure of Auto-Align. Something isn't right. Hope this helps! 

A1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I found out. If you import from LR, check if you have applied lens correction. Try to uncheck that box in LR and open as layers in photoshop. Try to apply after.

Votes

Translate

Translate