• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Raw as a Filter (not the plugin) freezes Photoshop on use

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop is getting stuck whenever I try to use the camera raw filter; nothing opens up after I click on it, and I can't even close my photoshop. everything gets stuck and a sound like a notification comes up, but still, nothing shows up 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Update: May 1 2024

The PS team has reopened this bug due to a small number of reporters on this thread who say the issue is not fixed for them. 

Critical to getting a fix for this is more information from those of you for whom the release did not fix your issue.  Exact Reproduction steps would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Previous:
Adobe has released Photoshop 25.7, which contains a potential fix for the PS>Filter> Camera Raw Filter… freezing Photoshop. Please install the update from your Creative

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
113 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: May 1 2024

The PS team has reopened this bug due to a small number of reporters on this thread who say the issue is not fixed for them. 

Critical to getting a fix for this is more information from those of you for whom the release did not fix your issue.  Exact Reproduction steps would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Previous:
Adobe has released Photoshop 25.7, which contains a potential fix for the PS>Filter> Camera Raw Filter… freezing Photoshop. Please install the update from your Creative Cloud App. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

If you continue to see the problem after updating Photoshop, please respond in this thread with system information and a complete step-by-step workflow for the engineers to review.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise. I indeed had older version. I followed your instructions and installed latest 25.7 hoping it will resolve this issue but unfortunately the behavior described by many others in this topis still remains. When using filter Camera Raw on SmartObject, Photoshop will freeze showing only frozen loading window and Camera Raw dialogue window in the back. You can move the loading bar window but that is only thing you can do. You have to forcequit photoshop and completely avoid this feature. I hate paying so much money for something so buggy... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not even mention that the issue is resolved on the Fixed Issues page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html 

I'm not suprised that you still encounter the problem.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-23 om 15.35.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't dump a bucket of water on us and tell us it's raining. the camera raw filter freeze bug is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue for ages too. I've tried the most recent update and no change. 

Interestingly though, it happened today and instead of force quitting Photoshop, I just gave up on working and left it 'frozen'. I came back to my computer after about 4 hours later and can see that the progress bar has actually moved on a third. So it isn't freezing photoshop, it's just taking ages to perform quite a simple task. Perhaps this helps the engineers figure out what's going wrong and come up with a solution? 

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 20.14.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue for ages too. I've tried the most recent update and no change. 

Interestingly though, it happened today and instead of force quitting Photoshop, I just gave up on working and left it 'frozen'. I came back to my computer after about 4 hours later and can see that the progress bar has actually moved on a third. So it isn't freezing photoshop, it's just taking ages to perform quite a simple task. Perhaps this helps the engineers figure out what's going wrong and come up with a solution? Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 20.14.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you still able to repo the issue with 25.7, please consider trying to repo the issue for us with all UXP plugins disabled, so we can narrow down the additional root cause(s).

Note that when running Photoshop without any UXP plugins enabled, you will see some side effects, for example no Home Screen on launch (PS may look mostly blank), no modern New dialog, Libraries won't load, etc. However, you should be able to work with smart objects and ACR filter just fine.

Mac:

1. Use Finder to navigate into the "Adobe Photoshop 2024" folder inside "Applications".
  2. Bring up the context menu on "Adobe Photoshop 2024.app" (.app might not be shown, depending on your settings).
  3. Choose "Show Package Contents"
  4. Navigate into "Contents" then "Required"
  5. Locate the "UXP" folder
  6. Rename the "UXP" folder to "UXP-disabled". You will likely be asked for you adminstrator password to approve.
  7. Launch that same copy of Photoshop while holding down the Shift key. This should trigger a dialog asking if you want to skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins. Click the Yes key.
  8. See if you can reproduce the bug.
  9. Quit Photoshop
  10. Rename the "UXP-disabled" folder back to "UXP", approving as needed.
  11. Launch Photoshop.

Win:

1. Use Explorer to navigate into "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2024\Required"
  2. Locate the "UXP" folder
  3. Rename the "UXP" folder to "UXP-disabled". You will likely be asked for you adminstrator password to approve.
  4. Launch that same copy of Photoshop while holding down the Shift key. This should trigger a dialog asking if you want to skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins. Click the Yes key.
  5. See if you can reproduce the bug.
  6. Quit Photoshop
  7. Rename the "UXP-disabled" folder back to "UXP", approving as needed.
  8. Launch Photoshop.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

I followed Tailuxon's instructions from this thread and all seems to be working now. Can't quite believe it.

Thanks for fixing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving it a try and reporting back @absolute_cooks. To be clear, I do not recommend this as a permanent solution -- it is just a troubleshooting step.

I'm also still interested in hearing what others who try this find -- it's possible it doesn't solve it for everyone.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see. I had assumed it would continue to work well after doing this once, but no. This needs to be done each time one opens photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the same troubleshooting process doesn't work anymore. So annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue when trying to use the masking part of Camera Raw. I can't get past the splash screen, I can see a very greyed out "X" to close but nothing works, I have to bring up the task manager to close PS before I can do anything else.

25.7 is the version I have.

The same issue happens in PS Beta.

jabba57bigpondcom_0-1715921654973.png

Sytem
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID A5108983-6C40-4211-93C2-07CC653DEFD4
Product ID 00330-80003-51987-AA239
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Windows

Edition Windows 11 Pro