• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashes when I add text (macOS)

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added text in a file and it crashed. I have done nothing in a file and eventually it crashed. Please provide an immediate fix for this as I'm working on a deadline. It might help if I can reinstall the previous version in case nothing gets fixed immediately.

OS 10.15.7

iMac Retina 5k 27" 2017

32gb 2400 MHz DDR4

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for crashing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html  

Try this solution: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#CrashwithTrueTypefonts

Otherwise, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I looked at the help and I do have the 4.2 version so Im not sure what is happening  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bevmichel I see from your crash support you're hitting the issue I've called out above. The solution here should work for you:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#CrashwithTrueTypefonts (disable Font Preview)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Photoshop to version 22.0.1 it keeps crashing on  MAC IOS Catalina 10.15.7  32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I have 22.1.0 installed.  I have run through all suggestions by Adobe to fix the issue with no joy.  It is happening on my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro.  Have there been any new suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. i also run 22.1.0 and photoshop keeps crashing whenever i open a file that includes text. impossible to work like that, please provide a solution asap! thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after hours with Adobe yesterday, it has confirmed my suspicions.  This is an issue with 22.1.0  You must fall back to 22.0.1 in order to fix the problem....OR, you can remove all of your fonts.  After my own trial and error, I thought I found a font that was the culprit.  I removed the font and everything worked until I quit PS 22.1.0 and then restarted.  It happened all over, even without the "corrupted font".  After the hours spent with Adobe, they told me, "this is a known issue and they are working on it".  Wish they would have told me that up front.  Could have saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so do i need to fall back to 22.0.1 or just be patient and hope the bug will get fixed asap? i don't even know how to go back to a previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on how much you use PS. I'm on it daily and need it. So I just dropped back until they fix it. You aren't losing anything. 22.1.0 was supposed to be a bug fix. Apparently not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the feedback. i am a photographer and use PS daily too. can't afford to wait for longer than 24h so i decided to "downgrade" to 22.0.1... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: i am back on 22.0.1. no more crashes but all presets etc. are gone and that is quite annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is constantly crashing after opening Tiff files exported from Lightroom using the new Nikon Z6II. I have opened other files and they seem fine.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted multiple times and none of these action have made any difference.

This will have a major impact on my workload.

Any help is much appreciated ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to post one of the files and sidecar files with your settings? (CC files or dropbox)

Also, I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

It is under my work account that the crash reports have been submitted unfortunately.

See below the link to the Raw, XMP and converted Tiff files.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/D8jFHHFTJtNClUiz

The original images were taken using WIFI transfer through Nikon Z6II, watched folder in Adobe Lightroom, Auto Import, edited in Lightroom, then exported as 300dpi Tiff's. Then opened in Photoshop 2021. The file stays open for around 20 seconds then it crashes Photoshop.

Thanks for any help.

edit: it is not only these Tiff files it is any file opened in Photoshop at the moment, when I am activating the Type tool it seems to be crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry

Hi, I was doing some more reading on the issue, I have found a solution from October last year someone having the same problem. It seems it's to do with the "Font Preview".

If you go to "Type", before opening any documents.

Select "Font Preview"

Select "None"

That has resolved it for me.

Thanks again for your help and I hope can help anyone else out with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. It crashes immediately if I try to use any fonts, even though the previous versions of photoshop worked fine.  Also when opening multiple files as layers from Lightroom Classic it crashes, never did before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.0.1 crashes immediately if I try to use any fonts, even though the previous versions of photoshop worked fine.  Also when trying to send multiple files from Lightroom Classic 10.1 to open as layers in Photoshop it crashes, never did before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for crashing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still hesitant to try the update, as the last one had no success

with the last update.

Is this one stable yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have upgraded all machines and have had no issues.  All good.

Votes

Translate

Translate