• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LittleGreenDog - Renaming the UXP folder isn't the only workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I'll switch to Legacy mode until we get a proper fix.

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LittleGreenDog – that is the easiest option... Yet another option exists allowing you to keep the current interface without reverting to legacy mode, then use a script that creates a new doc from the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K This solution works perfectly fine for me. I was puzzled to day as no matter what I did, the create from clipboard dimensions would no longer fit the actual clipboard content. This should definitily be fixed by the dev team though, because looking for this fix was quite the chore.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until I tried to open after effects which crashes after startup.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, instead of renaming the entire UXP folder which leads to crashes in After Effects (@LittleGreenDog) or going legacy, it was enough for me to just rename the latest com.adobe.ccx.start folder. For me com.adobe.ccx.start-5.11.0 was the culprit. It seems the other apps will fallback to the older versions automatically and with 5.9.0 everything (including After Effects seem to work).

(And yes, I tested it with this screenshot 😉 )photoshop_uxp_renaming.jpg

Regards Michael

(sorry for the spam, seems like there is no edit button here?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis  I am plagued by this other problem on a constant basis! (The one where Photoshops pastes the previous (WRONG) file, and the workaround is by creating a new file. I have a ticket open for that particular bug. It's super frustrating but nice to know I'm not alone at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lastest update to Photoshop a really nasty bug has appeared. This just started and I have no idea why or what to do about it. I can take a screenshop, open photoshop and click "New" and then choose "From Clipboard", photoshop opens a new document and I paste the clipboard contents into the document and the screenshot is several times larger than the document that photoshop created. Before the last update I could do the same steps and the new document created was exactly the same size as the screenshot or photo I copied to the clipboard. 

Does anyone know why photoshop is doing this, and what I can do to fix it? I have never had this happen before, photoshop has always worked correctly in this use case until the lastest update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have a previous version of Photoshop installed? If so, does this process still work in the older version? Trying to to identify if the issue is with Photoshop or your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joeh87907460 Please try checking Use Legacy "New Document" Interface in Preferences on the General tab. Is it working now? Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 26 June 2022 and I noticed this problem yesterday.  I did switch to the legacy version it works as a workaround this evening, and it works.  But this afternoon it really slowed down my productivity today.   I hope this get fixed fast and correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. In version 22.5.8 it works just like it always did. But is not working correctly in version 23.4.1. What this latest version is doing is opening up a new document to the same size as the last time I created a new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm keen to see if the suggestion offered by @J E L works as it has for other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jain. I changed it to the Use Legacy "New Document" in the preferences and it worked like it was supposed to. I like the other layout better as it's more graphic in nature. Hopefully Adobe will fix this bug and put it in the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of it with the new "new documents" and with the Use Legacy "New Documents". The first part of the video is after I switched it as you suggested and that worked. Then I switched it back, closed and reopened photoshop and took another video of it and you can see that the new document was created larger than the screenshot it was supposed to match. What it's doing is using the last New Document size, even though in the dialog it's stated as being the size of the image in the screenshot. I changed the background color in the second part from white to black and you can see that the background of the new document is bigger than screenshot image is.

Well, I was going to upload the video I made, but adobe has changed it so now when I click on the "Insert Video" icon, it opens a dialog to put in a URL. There is no URL to a video on the drive on my computer! I guess they just want to make it hard to share any information on here... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a screen capture video of what it was doing, the first part with it changed as Jain suggested, that worked. Then I switched it back to the default and made another screen capture video and put them together. I tried to upload it but I can't. Adobe has changed it so that all you can do is put in the URL to the video and since it's on a drive on my computer and there is no URL to it, I can't put it on here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! it works now. It's been bugging me for a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that worked for you, and thanks for the adding the video. I guess it depends on your workflow. When cutting and pasting, I am not sure if it's necessary or efficient to see the full range of new document options IF the desired outcome is to simply create a new image exactly as imported from your clipboard. If you needed a document with specific width, height, ppi specs and so on, it seems easier to set that up first and then copy your item into that. I prefer the old way, which is now achieved using the Legacy setting. But we all have different ways of working and seeing things! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workaround solution worked perfectly! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CriticalError said:

"(sorry for the spam, seems like there is no edit button here?)"

Which of your posts (or part of one) are you thinking is "spam"?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the simple workaround! That worked for me. Takes me out of my normal keyboard workflow,  but good enough for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked but note... "Preferences" is in the "photoshop" menu, not "edit" -- But thanks for saving me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I also like to use the new "New Document" layout and hopefully Adobe will fix this bug and put it in the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this bug too and I don't really understand this answer. A dialog stops working as it is intended to and we're told to just stop using that dialog instead of the bug getting fixed. I'm used to that dialog for starting new documents and I'm not going to go to settings and switch to another dialog when I want to paste something from clipboard. 

I understand that workaround is given but this sounds like "stop using the buggy dialog and continue with your lives".

Votes

Translate

Translate