• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS4, CS5, CS6, CC: Cursor disappears on Mountain Lion (MacOS 10.8)

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cursor keeps disappearing with CS4 and CS5. This started after I installed Mountain Lion. I have noticed this on 2 different iMacs, one at home and one at work.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks corrects this problem where the cursor would disappear in various applications, including Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013
This is a known bug in MacOS 10.8 that affects multiple applications.
(it happens to me most often in Safari, with no Photoshop running. And you can see a lot of reports of this in Apple's user forums.)

We have notified Apple of the problem, and are waiting for an OS fix from Apple. It is still unfixed as of MacOS 10.8.5.

Unfortunately, this is something that we cannot work around.

UPDATE - Apple fixed it in 10.9

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 308 Replies 308
308 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox (Sr. Computer Scientist) 1 year ago
This is a known bug in MacOS 10.8 that affects multiple applications.
(it happens to me most often in Safari, with no Photoshop running. And you can see a lot of reports of this in Apple's user forums.)

We have notified Apple of the problem, and are waiting for an OS fix from Apple. It is still unfixed as of MacOS 10.8.5.

Unfortunately, this is something that we cannot work around.

UPDATE - Apple fixed it in 10.9

Fixed? Really? I STARTED having disappearing cursor problems AFTER I upgraded to Mavericks (10.9.3). Mostly in Firefox. More urgently, I am having printing problems with Photoshop CS5 after upgrading to Mavericks (PS crashes on my iMac, and I can't even get the page setup dialog box to appear on my Macbook Air). I came here looking for solutions to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you need to contact Apple and provide them with more information so they can determine which GPU models are affected by the driver bug.

But the widespread cursor disappearing bug was fixed by Apple in 10.9.0.

Crashing in page setup means that something is wrong with your printer driver software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all worked just fine before I "upgraded" to Mavericks. No disappearing cursor, no crashing Photoshop. I'm on the Apple support forum simultaneously. Hoping for some help there, although after about 20 posts today, and trying various things that have been suggested, there is still no resolution.

But I thank you for your reply nevertheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the video card drivers in MacOS 10.9 have had a lot of problems, some of which remain unsolved. But we're trying to get Apple as much information as possible so they can isolate the bugs in their driver software and get them fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disappearing cursor happens mostly in Firefox, but I can live with it. Not being able to print from Photoshop is a more serious issue for me. Is this, or could this be, caused also by the bugs in the video card drivers for OS 10.9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but some printer drivers on 10.9 have been really unstable. Check with the printer manufacturer for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Ray mentioned getting a discount from Adobe, not Apple. He also mentioned that his other apps work fine. "the majority of this issue is with Adobe products."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's either not fixed or back in Mac OS Yosemite. Major pain, I'll email you based on your earlier response. Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate