• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 / CC Keyboard shortcuts not responding Mavericks/Yosemite MacOS 10.9; 10.10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Installing Mavericks on my mac pro, the keyboard shortcuts, such as zooming in/out, undo etc, intermittently do not respond.
I have to click on another tool in the tool bar to get the keyboard to respond again.
The problem returns intermittently and seemingly not as a result of the Auto Save function.
My mac pro 15" has 8gb of ram which is more than enough for the type of work I do.I am an illustrator who primarily works around the brush tool.
Have tried disabling Graphics Processor and restarting, but this does not resolve the issue.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

This issue is fixed in macOS 10.11 or later.

---

Thanks for reporting this issue and your help with troubleshooting. We appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us.

Here's our official document and workaround for this issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/p...

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, and/or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

When you use Photoshop with a Wacom tablet, one or more of the following may occur:

• menus, panels, or dialog boxes turn

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 477 Replies 477
477 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some good news. We have a plugin that we think mitigates the keyboard shortcut issue in CS6 and CC on OS 10.9.x (when using brush-based tools with a stylus/tablet device).

You can grab the plug-in here: http://bit.ly/NzQly1

Then drop it into your plugins folder (works with CS6 and CC, but you'll need one copy for each app's plug-in folder). Note the name of the plug-in is the WhiteWindowWorkaround - that's because the patch that prevents that issue from occuring is also included in the same plug-in package.

Please let me know if this helps with the issues you've been seeing as well as any potential side effects.

Thanks for your patience with this,
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I weighed in a few times awhile ago with is problem but want to report back because I have just upgraded to a new Mac Pro 6 Core last week and haven't experienced keyboard shortcut freezing —SO FAR. My previous set up was a late 2012 iMac running Maverick 10.9.1 and Wacom Intuos 3. Now I'm on a Mac Pro running Maverick 10.9.1 and Wacom Intuos 3. We did have the problem on the iMacs with or without a tablet so it's not Wacom. To me it's pretty obvious it's a bad Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: yes, it is packaged in a new build of the "WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin" as the previous OS issue workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plug-in seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same problem with keyboard shortcuts, on the latest Mac OS with the latest Photoshop CC--without using a tablet. It gets embarrassing when presenting a workshop and the keyboard shortcuts stop working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work: Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.
What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good! Thanks Adam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Photoshop CC and 10.9.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or...there's no visibility of this plugin in Photoshop, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to confirm that the plug-in is loaded and active is to check Help > System Info and scroll to the bottom of the data in that dialog. Under optional and third party plug-ins you should see
WhiteWindowWorkaround 1.0.6 Copyright 2013-2014 - from the file "WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin"

If that isn't there, then the plug-in isn't loading. Note that you'll need to manually add the plug-in to your plug-ins folder to get it to load (then quit and restart the app).

Thanks,
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the plugin has solved the issue,and had no problem with crashes after put it into the plugin folder!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have worked with large pictures now and many layers, pluss Nik software! 5 pictures in the PS CC. No crash!!! Thank you!!!! I'm very happy, it has been very frustrating !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it got loaded, thank you. And it seems to have fixed the problems, I'll check it tomorrow on longer work period. Thank you again, Adam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the plugin and tried to work with lasso tool — seems like it did the trick or at least noticeably reduced the frequency of the error.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently things are working fine now. Ctrl-Z alive and kicking so far. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success so far with the Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a longshot as to the cause of these problems - I uninstalled and reinstalled PsCS6. First time I did it , the View>100% keyboard shortcut was set to 'n', and didn't work, so I thought that was weird.

So I uninstalled and redownloaded again from my Adobe account, English International version, NOT extended, however after installation AND registrationI find I have the EXTENDED version and ina language I don't recognise (Polish I think). All this BEFORE I had a chance to install the new Whitewindows plug-in

Could it be that these problems we've all been seeing in this thread are from the files on Adobe servers being corrupted, before, during or after downlaod?
Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was related to the Intel HD Graphics wasn't it? Because if it was I think I deserve some kind of recognition since we had this issue for 4 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the plug-in and let us know if it fixes the problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your Creative Cloud preferences are out of whack: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems good so far. :)
Must have been a tough one to debug.

iMac 21.5-inch - Mid 2011, OSX 10.9.2, Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 and Cintiq 22HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have CC- I have perpetual licence only PsCS6
Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin works perfect so far, all is back to normal.
Why did this fix take 4 months?
This is what i try to understand !
Why does Adobe binds the users to a cloud subscription model to roll out updates much faster while such a main bug that renders my workflow almost useless takes so long ?
Whoever reads this at Adobe should ask this question.
I think what is much more important than to update Photoshop with new features is that the core program runs bug free from the start.

Andi

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been working great for me so far - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have stated before, we were investigating this issue with multiple partners (Wacom and Apple). I'm sorry this is a slow process - but this is often the case with issues that have complex multiple interdependencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate