• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error 205 while launching Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oi, toda vez que eu abro o photoshop 2022 aparece que deu o erro 205 e então fecha automaticamente, já desinstalei e instalei o photoshop. Como posso resolver esse problemaimagem_2022-05-26_195913709.png

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title}

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're sorry for the error 205. We have identified this issue and working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can sign out and sign in from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Try signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then signing back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Hi @jpedrodp2003, sorry you are seeing this.

I think the solution is to log out/in of the CreativeCloud desktop app, did this solve the issue?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, I hope they haven't dropped their service level to the same as everyone else's! I didn't do anything - it was fixed remotely by the support guy. Have you tried "Connect me to a human" in the Chatbot? That usually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently I've been having issues with Photoshop, it worked just fine a few days ago, but when I booted it up to work on an art piece it gave me the 205 error, and yes I did try a solution to this which was to log out of Creative Cloud and reboot it, it didn't work. Granted I was using CC 2019, I'd gotten used to using it so I didn't want to have to update it to 2022, eventually, I had no choice but to update to see if it would open, and it didn't. So now I'm not entirely sure what to do? If anyone has any other solutions to this that would be great. I want to carry on with the piece I'm working on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences, when attempting to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset them how? I've been rebooting my Mac, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop (different versions) logging out and logging back in on Creative Cloud, when Photoshop finally loads it still gives me the Error code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing shift-cmd-opt when opening PS will reset the options.

Have you also tried uninstalling PS and using the cleaner tool?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll merge this with an existing conversation.

If signing out & sign in again did not help, please try these steps:

If your apps were working on the same machine before & have recently started encountering this error, please try these steps and let me know if they help.

• In the Creative Cloud app, press CTRL + ALT + T (Win) or CMD + OPT + T (macOS) to launch Creative Cloud Troubleshooter & select 'Close Creative Cloud and related processes' > click on Go.
    Doublecheck the Task Manager (Windows) & Activity Monitor (macOS) to ensure no processes related to Adobe or Creative Cloud are running & end the process if found active.
  • Windows - Press Windows + R to open Run Dialogue > enter %TEMP% > Click on OK > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • macOS - In Finder > press & hold OPT key > go to the top menu GO > Select Library > go to Logs > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • Restart the computer
  • Sign in to Creative Cloud again.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sameer K,
I've tried your method but it did not help the issue 😕 

I am trying to run PS 2022 - 23.5.1

I already reinstalled:

- PS

- CC
- CC & PS

- PS & CC

already tried:

- reinstalling PS

- installing previous versions of PS

- updating os (mac, monterey 12.6)

- deleting previous login credentials
- deleting ngl files

I am still looking for any solution 😕

Thanks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not mention, but also:
- loged out - restart - loged in
- updated atributes of the folders in application support
- updated PS preferences by start
- force restarted CC
- nearly cried in the corner of the office 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the live support and a great guy helped me with the problem. We closed all the running processes, downloaded a software "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool" and cleaned the adobe id credentials in this software - ONLY THIS ONE LINE - in the list and it seems to solved the problem.
The support was very fine, I am delighted! The guy was very helpful and pro 😉
Hope it helps for you also 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I got the dreaded error 205 in Photoshop (Illustrator and InDesign would still launch just fine, it was only Photoshop that got this error). It took a few hours of various trying various solutions, but I was able to eventually resolve the issue on my end.

Currently on macOS 12.6, M1 chip, Adobe CC 5.9.0.373, Photoshop 23.5.1.

What did NOT work:

• changing internet connections
  • logging out of Creative Cloud Desktop app, restarting, logging back in
  • uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling Photoshop
  • tamásc24490874's solution (using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove Adobe ID credentials)

What eventually worked:

Sameer K's solution (deleting NGL files). So thank you for this.

(Because I had also previously used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool in tamásc24490874's solution, it's also possible that a combination of these two solutions may also work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error code 205
this happening when any CC application cannot store user login information in credential manager on Windows or in keychain on Mac.

solution for Mac
This can be resolved by locking and then unlocking keychain in Mac. When this not solve the issue then sign out from CC desktop app and delete Adobe and user certificates https://helpx.adobe.com/de/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html, then reboot Mac.

solution for Windows
reboot computer or if this doesn't help
restart credential manager service, reboot computer:
- open Services manager (press the Start key and type Services)
- in the list of Services, right-click on Credential Manager
- select restart

- reboot PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all the suggestions with logging in and out of photoshop; uninstall and installing photoshop; and nothing seems to work. I even updated to the latest version of Photoshop. But nothing works. I've even updated my Mac laptop to Monterey 12.6. Any other suggestions?? I had not done any of these updates when I started getting the message. One day it was working; next day it wasn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kristym82347922:  Try logging into another account (you may need to make one).
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting).
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx:
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error came up for me yesterday, when I needed it most!!

Fingers crossed I'm attempting to solve now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Mon logiciel bug depuis des semaines, impossible de me servir de Photoshop.

Le technicien a mis à jour ma version pour que j'ai la dernière version, mais cela n'a rien changé il m'a ensuite dit de mettre à jour ma version mac ce que j'ai fait j'ai Monterey 12.6 et RIEN ne fonctionne je suis désespérée...mon travail ne peut pas attendre!

Et je ne peux même pas ouvrir Photoshop sans photo. :(((

Avez-vous des solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translated dialog:

An error has occurred

Photoshop has encountered an error and needs to close.

You cannot use Photoshop at this time. Contact Customer Service and quote reference code 205
to find out how to solve the problem.

First, quit Phooshop, then try signing out and back into the Creative Cloud desktop app. 

If that doesn't work, try the solutions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error205 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci mais malheureusement rien de tout cela ne fonctionne.

J'ai même essayé de désinstaller Photoshop et d'installer une nouvelle version puis une ancienne et toujours rien qui fonctionne. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, regardless what I'm asked to do, I've logged in and out of Creative Cloud and logged back in several times, I need this to work - I seriously feel as if Adobe is NO help at all!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Imtiaz17490823bdwo sorry this is still an issue for you. It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert, good advice: launch Photoshop. Er, isn't that exactly the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Imtiaz17490823bdwo your last post was in Oct, so to be clear, Ps HAS worked until now, or it has not worked since then... trying to understand when this issue did or did not show for you.  If you can't even get Ps to launch do you get any option to file a crash report? Have you tried rolling back a version of Ps to see if this issue persists?

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kia ora team,

Since December last year I've not been able to use Photoshop with a 205 error closing down the show immediately. Back to work today and trying to find a resolve now. Using it on a Mac, have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, messing with the keychain etc to no avail.

Also tried contacting customer support through chatbot and phone call and was abandoned on both after 30min receiving a case closed email, and being hung up on after being referred to a third "dedicated team". Deeply frustrating. Is anyone able to give some more insight/other solutions?

Appreciate any support you can offer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact Mac are you on? What version of PS? What do the relevant logs say about the matter?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you fix this problem? I am having the same issue, i have sign out and unistalled it already but i am still having issues ? 

thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are seeing this issue @hindy07 could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate