• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Freezing during sleep

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2019 is freezing up when I put my computer in sleep mode. I have to kill that process and restart Ps. Rebooting seems to help for a day or so then the problem is back. I did not have this problem with 2018, nor do I have this problem with any of my other apps.

I have a 4th-gen 4.00 MHz i7, 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB SSD (only a couple of months old), and a decent graphics card with 2 GB of RAM (Nvidia GTX 750 Ti).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
This issue should now be resolved with the 20.0.2 update that was released last night. Please let us know asap if that's not the case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should now be resolved with the 20.0.2 update that was released last night. Please let us know asap if that's not the case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummmm I am in the middle of a project and I am always scared to do an update as they don't seem to play well when I am  in the middle of something... just my luck.   I am wanting to see comments of those that have done the update.   I have one system that is 3 updates behind and another just the 1.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the patch! I tried it and it seems to work so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I disabled Windows Ink and enable "WinTab driver" mode in PS CC, 20.0.2 update still freeze after resume from display(hdmi/dp) sleep.

RackMultipart201901152223911qm-fd3b951b-34ed-416b-879f-bb8ed4867733-459930852.jpg

I wonder the freeze issue on my case maybe is not the same as others, but the phenomenon is the same, it freeze after any sleep action.

If I enable Windows API/Windows Ink mode, everything will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the upgrade pushed today fixed the "Freeze After PC Goes To Sleep" issue.  Had PS open with project open, went out to run some errands, came back after a couple of hours, and was able to go right into PS and continue my work.  Thank you for the update, and for the announcement, I appreciate this kind of support.  HW is new Dell Alienware I-7 with nVidia Card 11GB Gram 16GB Ram SSD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed on my Windows 10 Build 1803 system. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freeze bug appears to be fixed, but no file saving is extremely slow.  Will create a new bug post for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that since the last update (Windows 10 system).   I haven't updated either of my systems Windows 10 (is running 2019 20.0.1) and Windows 7 (is running 20.0.0) and my 7 has 4 externals running most the time and has NO issues whatsoever and it's a old system.   2014 in fact.   So system age and OS has nothing to do with this.   It's something Adobe is doing.   
The last time they were in my system (October) they crashed my system trying to fix it.   I won't allow them back in ever.... what a mess to handle in the middle of busy season. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has nothing to do with sleep mode... my Windows 7 is three updates behind and works fine with 4 externals.  
Windows 10 is always a 50/50 gamble.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still freezing windows 10.   I am three updates behind on windows 7 with externals hooked up and never have an issue.   Does not matter if externals are on or off Windows 10 constantly freezes and has to be killed off or there are times I have to do a hard reboot (power off) to get my system back and PS back.   
I am beyond frustrated with Adobe right now.  We all pay for this service and I can't believe that this bug hasn't been straighten out in previous months of reporting this.  I am not going to go into my registry again (tried that method) tried hibernate and wake tools no resolve.   In fact Abode was in my system trying to fix this in October with the update and crashed my system which I had to reload and a HUGE inconvenience AND never heard back from them after numerous emails for support.   I don't know what is going on this past year with the updates but I am having to roll back my Windows 10 I can't keep losing work time by reloading / reinstalling and freeze times down.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is fixed for me. (Thank goodness!) Since the upgrade, I've been through about a half dozen sleep-wake cycles without any freezing. Finally can use Photoshop again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*CindyMember: "Still freezing windows 10.   I am three updates behind on windows 7 with externals hooked up and never have an issue."

What Windows 10 Version and Build do you have installed? Settings> System> About> Windows Specifications.
21988hcluck_inline-743598a2-3332-4683-91d8-b0b7e499b734-1294123274.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro 
Version 1803
Installed on 09 30 2018
OS build 17134.471

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check PS 2019 Help> System info and copy and paste the first line into a reply here as below:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.2 20181219.r.30 2018/12/19: 1202136  x64
Try changing your sleep settings to use Hybrid Sleep as below and see if that resolves the freeze issue on wake.

28177hakml3_inline-90f21a4b-dbf6-4090-a401-f50278cf92fe-373072604.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of the above on the 2019 update with no resolve.   I am going to update my Windows 10 system this evening (with this new update) and see what happens with a couple of documents open and layers open and see what happens.   It just seems like a 60/40 gamble from reading this thread.  Hence my hesitation to do so.    I will update you first thing tomorrow morning.  THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through reboots and a sleep and a wake up with 10 files and layers open no problems this morning. In fact when I rebooted and loaded it those times it was lightening fast loading compared to what PS used to load. I have to work with the liquify and the healing tool today to see if those are fixed also. All in all so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, I've got a beefy computer but PS freezes after long sleep too. Specs of a computer do not matter. It is somewhere else. May be It's Windows 10 N Pro problem or some component of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried to install old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, even when Windows 10 is just left alone for an hour or so, not even sleeping.  Like PS has lost access to it's resources in RAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS- as I can't afford to change platforms, may I ask if any members have an influence on the Adobe team, or is Adobe listening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the most recent version (20.0.2) and for me, the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are doing a guessing play here, what does external drives have to do with any of this!!!

Lot of pro people live on local networks and external drives

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Gods sake im on 20.0.03v and im still having the freeze issue after sleeps wake!!!
I've checked my hardware and installed a fresh copy of Win 10 pro and still having it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My dear, ive solved my problem which you have the same. If you are still running the adobe subscription Try the following things, some may seem silly but surprisingly might work for you:

Make sure your windows is running smoothly (If you have different errors on different operations) , Make a fresh install of Win 10 " Win Version doesn't matter"

1) Un-install the GPU driver first and install the latest from the manufacture website and not from windows driver manager.  Check if this helps

" Note: The Hibernation by default is disabled in my case "

2) Rare but is a possibility : RAM defect, one or more sticks may have some errors which may not show any sign of abnormality in most operations but its what is causing the P.S after sleep to freeze

External hard drives or even NAS storage won't cause this kind of issues at all.

I'm betting that P.S in the latest versions have different way of communicating with the GPU and since we rarely give a damn care or perhaps remember to update our drivers is what showed and brought up the issue up 🙂

my bet is on either the GPU Driver update or windows registry is messed up. RAM is the last thing can be faulty.

Hope this help my dear and if yes please do let me know  

Votes

Translate

Translate