• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Freezing during sleep

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2019 is freezing up when I put my computer in sleep mode. I have to kill that process and restart Ps. Rebooting seems to help for a day or so then the problem is back. I did not have this problem with 2018, nor do I have this problem with any of my other apps.

I have a 4th-gen 4.00 MHz i7, 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB SSD (only a couple of months old), and a decent graphics card with 2 GB of RAM (Nvidia GTX 750 Ti).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
This issue should now be resolved with the 20.0.2 update that was released last night. Please let us know asap if that's not the case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to 19.1.17. Freezing bug is gone, good performance is back, brush lag is gone, keyboard shortcuts work properly again and my custom actions are back.

I can now work properly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to emphatically state: This it not because there is something wrong with your system! So many people have this problem, me too, and I am running on a new machine with a NVIDIA GTX 1060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to Adobe support and spent a good hour on the phone with an agent. She removed lots of PS start-up files and cache files – basically reset everything having to do with PS startup. She told me this was standard procedure for general troubleshooting of PS. Bottom line: PS still crashes after PC sleeps. I have an open ticket with Adobe and will be getting back to them. I hope someone over there is listening to this and realizes this is a real bug with their software – NOT a problem with specific hardware or settings in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the rationale for subscription vs license software is the updates. So, people who cannot use the newest version are essentially paying for old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per: I don't know how Adobe sees it, but the loyalists on DPR define a bug as something that affects *everyone,* lol. So, if it only affects a few people, even though it is totally due to the software, it is by definition it is a problem with your system, lol. Convenient, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those people are idiots then. Ignore them. Sorry, I'm on several betas for different software, some much more complex than photoshop, and we file bugs all the time that effect  the SAME hardware and OS, but it only effects a few machines. These get verified and dealt with. Plenty of us are running GPU intensive software that we can put the system to sleep while it's running, and wake the system with no freeze out on that software. Everything from games to GPU rendering solutions like Vray, Redshift, Octane etc. etc. Those stress a video card MUCH more than PS. Now, it could very well be a video driver issue or something else that conflicts with Photoshop, BUT the fact that the driver doesn't conflict with anything else means that the issue needs to be dealt with by adobe. That said several people here have AMD and Nvidia hardware with the same issue, so I suspect it's not the problem. More likely something with the OS and PS that's not working, but still is on Adobe to find and either fix on their end, or notify MS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny because SAS and subs are supposed to mean we give up ownership of the software, but get the benefit of having quicker build fixes for problems like this. Adobe seems about as agile on this problem as a dead shareware vendor from 1989.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PS for a living, almost never for pleasure. I have new hardware and I still feel like they could give two rats hind ends about their users. Share holders don't care, so why should they? Trust me, they don't care about many of their pro users as much as they'd like to say they do and would rather take subs money and make a full blown ipad version of PS to compete with affinity on that front than help the people using PS daily for work on their PC and Macs. BTW- I'm not against ipads- I love my ipad pro and use several "pro" bits of software on it, but it's not replacing my desktop and laptop anytime soon for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick note that we're actively working on this and will get a fix delivered asap. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam, I see this too but inconsistently so I am favouring the not saved before sleep reason, autosave isn't tuned to handle sleep mode. Good luck tracking it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and waiting patiently from a fix from Adobe. In the meantime, went back to using the old version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. SO frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And old problem resurrected in the current version (20.0.1).

When I wake up the computer from standby, Photoshop becomes unresponsive and needs to be killed with the task manager. Win 10, latest version (updated 2 days ago)

this is super annoying, please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that Adobe support staff DO NOT routinely review feedback pages. So they don't know an issue is common. They go into a lot of problems experimenting like no information gets communicated to them. This waste everybody's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This lockup issue was acknowledged by Photoshop officials (in this thread) at least two months ago.  Very poor performance by Adobe.  I also have ON1, Topaz, Affinity and Alien Skin software and have not had any problems with any of that software.  Adobe - are you losing control of your software in trying to keep up with the competition?

I have a killer computer with Intel i7 at 4.2GX, M.2 for my C drive, 64 GB of Dram and a NVDIA GEFORCE 1080 graphcs card.  It's a PS problem not a computer problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very glad I dropped my Photo Plan. I am guessing that it doesn't affect enough people for them to really care.

I now use On1 and Affinity Photo (AP). ON1 gets pretty laggy and is somewhat buggy, and I feel doesn't do as good a job of conversion as Lr, but I like the feature set and approach of ON1 far, far better. AP is missing a couple of things I find important, and doesn't seem likely to ever get them, but has some strengths over Ps. For computer art, I use Clip Studio Paint, and other apps are available that work better than Ps in a lot of ways.

If I had a high-throughput or professional need for photo processing, I guess I would probably stick with Adobe and just keep using the old version of Ps, but for my needs I am better served by the alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad Adobe has acknowledged the issue. I've learned to adapt but one side affect I have noticed, maybe it will help further. When you kill the PS process, and relaunch Photoshop, the first time you launch after, it locks out all the menu controls. Everything appears to work again, but I always have to close it, then launch again. Probably something due to config/settings not getting reset properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. This issue will be resolved in the next update to Photoshop. I'll post again to this thread when it becomes available for download.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too late for me, but hopefully it helps others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much longer will this be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 Months and what 3 updates later and this problem is still occurring.  It's all over every  photography forum and facebook pages.   Why is Adobe release junk before it's perfected?  Why must we as paying customers with active business suffer  under Adobe's insufficient technical review prior to releases.   Seriously they have every system and configuration at hand.   Why release something with so so so many bugs in it?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new Dell Alienware with top end nVidia GPU, Intel I7 and 16GB of RAM.  Brand new subscription of PS and Lightroom.  PS locks up every time on sleep.  Every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the creative cloud panel to roll back to CC2018.  That version dosn't have the sleep bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am new to PS CC and found I have the same issue.

On my case, I follow the advice and have tried PS CC 2018, but it also freeze if I put PC into sleep. So use previous version can not fix my issue.

RackMultipart201901132014153e5-56bba0f6-ef5d-4a28-83c7-63ce786ccf25-957657848.jpg

I finally managed to found the cause, But I am not sure if everyone has issue have the same cause, just sharing my experiences.

On my case, It is because I use WinTab driver in PS CC:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

When I created file "PSUSerConfig.txt" and  set "UseSystemStylus 0", PS CC will freeze randomly after resume from any PC sleep/hibernate/monitor sleep action.

Some times it is fine, but most of time it will freeze.

Re enable Windows Ink and delete PSUSerConfig.txt or set "UseSystemStylus 1" seems fixed my issue. I can do any PC sleep/hibernate/monitor sleep action, and continue to work on PS CC after PC resumes. But I just found this workaround in a day, it may failed again, I can not gurantee it will always works or this is the only cause. But at least it seems works for hours testing on my case.

The reason why I use WinTab and disable Windows Ink is because it has annoying action when I am using Pro Pen 2 as mouse.

I am glad if Adobe can resolve this strange sleep freeze issue in PS CC, so I can go back to disable Windows Ink again, but seems we have to wait. Hope this post as a workaround helps anyone who want to continue to use PS CC 2019 at the moment.

AMD Ryzen 2700X/32GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit ver. 1809

Wacom Cintiq Pro 13, driver ver. 6.3.32-4

NVIDIA GTX1070, driver ver. 417.58

AMD RX470, driver ver. 19.1.1

Photoshop CC 2018/2019 tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate