• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Healing and Spot Healing Brush Lag

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most recent 2018 update, healing and spot healing brush have become much less responsive, sometimes taking multiple seconds after completion of stroke to affect the image.

Late 2016 Macbook, up to date OS and Software

I've done the regular things like turning off OpenCL and changing other performance options... no change.
GIF framerate is sped up 2x 

RackMultipart2017101816638abxo-e6dcc86c-5f0a-49df-839e-84a8dc0a1a54-349345759.gifRackMultipart2017101816638abxo-e6dcc86c-5f0a-49df-839e-84a8dc0a1a54-349345759.gif

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017
This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 update released last night. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app, and let us know how it feels!

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 282 Replies 282
282 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, just wasted the whole morning trying to finish a retouching job. Going back to 2017 version. Adobe get your head out of the cloud and fix your software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm done with finding ways to fix it, just uninstalled it and reinstalled CC2017, back to normal now, feel so fast after few days of struggle...Happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why must we pay for it? the spot healing is broken, i'd like this month's fee discounted thank you Adobe. I'm lucky I have the luxury this week to take some time away from editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of companies I support do this.. if they have a moderate to big screw-up they, before anyone even has time to notice, automatically credit the month for free..... A much appreciated and respectful gesture....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love how you MORONS at Adobe really test things hard and proper before releasing.  One of the most used tools in all of photoshop and you dont even test it? lol you guys are a JOKE!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love how you MORONS at Adobe really test things hard and proper before releasing.  One of the most used tools in all of photoshop and you dont even test it? lol you guys are a JOKE!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are idiots who release software without even testing it lol.  next they will release software where the brush tool doesnt work because they dont even try brushing before pushing a new release out.  The people who make the software obviously dont use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, for this AND lightroom i went back to the old versions after their claims that lightroom was better too lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,
Come on dude.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is present only for a small number of users. Myself and all the retouchers i know aren't seeing the issue.

Stop being such a drama queen and just use CC2017 until they fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eartho, +1 for no drama please...
But 82 voluntary reports is not a small number for a bug (go look at past bug reports), it's reasonable to expect adobe to have caught this one. But they didn't, they're human, so hopefully they can figure it out soon.
Paying monthly for a service comes with certain expectations, one of which is with a dedicated steady stream of income, innovation and reliability should be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but they havent fixed the program for the past 2 years and keep making claims that are false.  I have had enough.  I pay enough for the program to work.  And come on dude 2nd most used tool in photoshop they didnt test it before release? come on dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eartho im not being a drama queen.  I am fed up with lightroom classic and now this.  it is beyond a joke.  I am tired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen yep finally someone agrees 😛 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Paying monthly for a service comes with certain expectations, one of which is with a dedicated steady stream of income, innovation and reliability should be expected.>

I'm pretty sure we can say that about any software we use. In this instance, unfortunately no one tested the workflow that gives rise to the problem. The individual tools work just fine, but in combination go haywire. Or perhaps there may be more than one issue, depending upon OS and computer and. . . It's unfortunate, and something no one, least of all Adobe engineers, want to have happen. They're not the company and they don't make a living no matter what they do to the customers — and actually, neither does Adobe, and the management knows that.

At least Adobe, perhaps with the historical knowledge that these types of issues do arise, made it very easy to re-install if you were an early adopter and/or you fell for the very bad design of the CC app that uninstalls your previous versions by default.

But tell me how many people don't depend upon the OS they run? Windows forced an upgrade that left people unable to use the software they needed, tried to root out 3rd party software that blocked Windows constant effort to force the update, and their latest version just came with big warnings about the BSOD that they might well get if they updated.

Apple doesn't let you get earlier versions of their OS if you want to install not the latest, but the next to latest, for instance, and you haven't already installed it on at least one machine. Updates get released with warnings about Mail becoming unusable all the time for the past several versions of the OS, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I update with trepidation no matter what the software I'm updating because a few decades of this, I know it's always perilous. My hardware, my OS, my installed apps, my workflow is different enough, I can have a problem where 9/10ths of the rest don't even notice. I've been months late to the party just because I've been in a project with a deadline where I couldn't risk updating, so regardless of a lack of uproar over the update (when does that ever happen?), I held off.

But with Adobe, one doesn't have to. They've made it so the versions are sandboxed well enough, they run concurrently. You can have the latest and the one before that and the one before that, all installed. Maybe that leads to them rushing features out the door a little too quickly because you can always use an earlier version. I honestly have no clue about that. But they do provide you with a cushion.

Getting mad at them because it's subscription software is another matter. Paying monthly has nothing to do with it.  If I have a bug in my workflow with software that has a perpetual license, I've paid, I don't get my money back, and I can wait just as long if not longer for it to be fixed. It's simply a separate issue from there being any bugs at all, regardless of how serious. It plays a part in innovation, obviously, though for better or for worse depends upon how you view it, but it has no perceivable role in bugs getting into the world. If that were the case, then the opposite, Apple's OS which is free, ought to be bug-free, no? They have no monetary incentive to push it out to us too untested, do they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, went back to PS 2017 and can now work in a normal fashion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback - it has been very helpful. We're working on an update to address this issue in the near future.

I understand some haven't had success with the workaround and wish to go back to the previous version. The concern I have heard from a few is that their previous version of Photoshop has been deleted. That shouldn't be a problem. Launch the Creative Cloud and beside Photoshop choose the drop down menu and select "Other Versions" to install a previous version.*

Thank you for your patience.

Hannah Nicollet

* For full instructions go to https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html and scroll down to "Install previous versions of apps"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as everybody else here. I rely on this application to keep my business running. This issue has caused me a good degree of anger and productivity loss over the last few days...... As a gesture of good will from Adobe, to it's Photoshop users (just to show you care), some sort of recompense on the subscription or such like, would not go astray. I cannot believe this new version could have been released with such a basic and fundamental flaw in a tool that most retouchers use daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With OnOne pushing their increasingly competitive product hard at the moment, it won't take much of this sort of rubbish for customers to move on, and try different software to get the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hannah, how bout you now put your attention to going and fixing Lightroom Classic which you broke and made 4 times slower than 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, this isn't a LR thread and i'm thinking that Hannah probably wasn't responsible for "breaking" LR. If you're having so many issues with that app which others aren't, perhaps the problem is on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't share your experience with the new Lr classic I have been repeatedly disappointed with several CC updates pushed to the public, because of the more expedited time line Adobe has put it's self into. This promise for faster updates is causing to be unstable, because of the limited amount of testing. Lr classic however, has plenty of time to have been made ready for the public, so I sympathize.

With that being said please don't hijack this thread. Start a new one dealing with your specific issue, so that it can be deleted with constructively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannah for doing a thankless job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it's been said earlier, if you use PS I any professional capacity you should know not to jump in on important work. Install along side a version that works well and test when you have time. I installed CC 2018 and after 5 minutes of slow healing brush I checked the feedback site, saw it was an issue with the update and went back to CC 2017. No productivity lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate