• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC (11.0.1) Edit in PS2022 fails because Photoshop could not be launched - Error Message

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my subscription to Adobe for Photographers (Photoshop & Lightroom) I am having an issue when launching Photoshop 2022 from Lightroom v11.

If I right click on the image I'm working on in Lightroom and select 'Edit in Photoshop 2022' I am asked whether or not I want to edit a copy or the original (as I would expect). 

If I select "Edit Original" everything works to plan, the image opens in Potoshop and I can proceed.

However:

If I select either "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments" or "Edit a Copy" I have an issue.
I can see the copy being created on the Film Strip at the bottom of the Lightroom screen, Photoshop starts up and stops at the launch screen but the image fails to open in photoshop.

If I wait for 2 or 3 minutes I recieve an error message in Lightroom: "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched"

If I then select 'OK' in the error message the image immediately opens in Photoshop and I can work away.

This morning an followup update to Photoshop 2022 (to Ver: 23.0.1) was installed and it made no difference.
This afternoon Camera Raw also had a followup update to Version 14.0.1 and it has made no difference.
The problem is still there.

Is this a bug or is there a some way I can fix the problem.

I'm using a Windows PC - Running Win 10 and it has 24gb of RAM

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Based upon customer reports, most issues have been reported fixed by either the remediation steps and/or the installation of Photoshop 23.1, released Monday, December 13, 2021. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Greetings all,

Update: Please install Photoshop 23.1, released on 12/13/2021 and let us know if we are still seeing the issue after updating Photoshop. 

Workaround:

To all those who may be experiencing this issue. Our investigations have found that, in some cases, GPU detection is causing this issue. 

A similar issue was resolved in this thread by following these instructions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-text-changes-do-not-update-windows/m-p/12519892#M598048

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 297 Replies 297
297 Comments
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm worse. Opened LR Classic, then Photoshop, Photoshop would not open, or close with Task Manager would not close it. On a restart, the BitLocker locked the SSD HD so no Windows 11. The keyboard would not enter letters and only numbers, so now the computer needs fixing. I was not on Beta and otherwise up to date. Dead in the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, me too. Exactly the same issues. Is there a way to solve it? I can't [cursing removed] work without LR & PS being synchronized 😞 I'm fuming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Also Photoshop won't save files to Lightroom. 

Have to save photos as copies and reimport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. If you simply roll back the Beta from 25.0 to 24.7 the problem will disappear, while still allowing access to the new AI features.

Creative Cloud > Beta Apps > Photoshop (Beta) > More Actions (three dots) > Other Versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try that. Had a few jobs to get thru and didn't want to mess with it. Once I'm caught up, I'll install it again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to this, seems many people report the same problem but can't find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaryScaia I dropped back to Photoshop 24.6 and everything isworking fine again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. LR Classic 12.4, Camera raw 15.4, PS 24.7.

Has anyone found a fix or heard about an Adobe response ?

Both apps has all permissions and access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha ... adding to this:

Yes, file opens in PS from LR when choosing open as smart object. BUT I can't save it as a tiff when don editing.

Error message: 

Error 21: undefined is not an object.

Line 1:
->

All I can do is click OK and nothing changes ... 

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 24.6 from 24.7 and this fixed the problem immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to 24.6 and then right back to 24.7. It is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES YES - That fixed it. Thx for sharing - awesome.

In the middle of a deadline - saved - √

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated Photoshop to v24.7 and now I cannot edit photos with LrC adjustments. When I select "Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments" nothing happens. If instead I select "Edit a copy" or "Edit original", then Photoshop works.

Anyone else with the same issue?

FYI all the other apps are up-to-date.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed my BitLocker, to BestBuy, the tech identified which one for this desktop,  and in minutes I was up. The tech did a disable certain startups in Task Manager, decrypted the OS- SSDHD, don't need BitLocker at home with safe cable and router, took 40 minutes, and I was on my way. 

At home I will NOW open PS fist, then Lightroom Classic. I tried this and PS works, with no reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! It was so annoying! Now everithing works fine. Hope Adobe will fix this issue in next update

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same just happened to me now - I updated photoshop beta to the latest version and IT sucks!!!! I am unable to launch beta from latest Lightroom classic and it keeps crashing !!!! Unable to "edit in photoshop beta" - it just won't launch and it crashes every time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pritham30032755238x 

roll back your beta to the previous (minor) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I know that the 'beta' versions are for testing!
The biggest problem is when I export photos from LR to PS (24.7) it takes about 3 minutes to 'arrive' in PS!
I would like to know when this problem will be fixed? I've been using PS for a long time, many years, and this 'error' has never happened before!
I'm waiting for an answer from the PS team.
Best wishes

PS: 24.7.0.643

LR: 12.5

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble loading PS Beta as an LRC plug-in.  When I try PS Beta opens (with an intro screen), but the LRC image file does not load.  After approximately 1min 40 sec, LRC shows a message indicating that the image file could not be edited because PS Beta could not be launched.  Clicking OK enables PS Beta to open with the image file.  Shots below...

Edit in Adobe PS Beta.jpeg

Adobe PS Beta - start screen.jpeg

After 1m 40 sec.jpeg

Click OK and away we go.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,
After a lot of reading and no answer to my question, today I uninstalled all the adobe apps from my PC.
I restarted and only then did I start installing the adobe apps.
First LR 12.5, second PS WEB (24.7) and third PS BETA.
LR now sends the photo to PS and it opens normally, as it always has!

PS message.jpeg
But PS BETA won't open, there's an error: An unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit.
Now we have to wait for a new update to see if it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in the recent version of Photoshop Beta 25.0.

See here: P: Photoshop beta 25 critical error - Adobe Support Community - 14018103

Rollback to beta version 24.7, but there the Generative fill has been cut off.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my hardware there are no longer Problems while working with PS Beta and LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate