• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No red preview when changing brush size

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded the new photoshop update (22.01) and I noticed there is no classic red area when you change Brush size and feathering (when using keyboard shortcut OPTION+CONTROL). 

it is quite frustrating

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue was fixed in 22.1.1 which released late last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 319 Replies 319
319 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Après la dernière mise à jour du 03.12.2020, ce problème n'ai pas réglé, c'est fort ennuyeux !

Merci de revoir ce fonctionnement le plus rapidement possible, ça ne fait pas très sérieux de ne pas traiter ce problème récurant depuis plusieurs versions.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not do any changes on the photoshop settings and checked them already. The color of the brush preview is set to red and the vertical HUD-animation is checked (as before). There is no visual confirmation when holding down (on mac) the CTRL-alt-key combination and clicking and dragging the mouse up and down to smoothen or harden the brushtool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, oui, c'est un bug connu, je vais coller cette discussion à la principale sur le sujet

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what's the matter with the developers?

First they destroyed the 21.x.x version not recognizing older GPUs and never fixed it.

Adobe instead came out with a new version, which isn't compatible anymore with Windows 7 and older cards.

Probleme solved? :)))

Now they release a "bugfix" for the 20.0.0 and build in new bugs?

I had to downgrade from the 20.0.1 to 20.0.0 to get the brush cursor overlay back.

So, how will I know, wether the bug is fixed in one of the upcoming versions?

*Sigh*

Photoshop used to be so much better with much less bugs back in the days, when one could purchase it with a one time fee.

And I know, what I'm talking about, being a 20+ years Photoshop user.

C'mon Adobe get your stuff together and do more testing before releasing new versions!

The brush cursor overlay bug should have jumped right into your face, while doing serious testing!

Cheerz

Goyko

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on the Photoshop 21.2.4 version on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
Update to 22 version not possible with this system. Hope you're fixing it in that version too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For me downgrading to the previous version, re-installing Photoshop and all plug-in is not a solution. This problem needs to be fixed rapidly by adobe. When I go to the garage with a dead tire the garage does not ask me to go back to my old car!

Specially when you pay a monthly subscription. I add hope that it was fix on update 22.0.1 but this update did not fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For me downgrading to the previous version, re-installing Photoshop and all plug-in is not a solution. This problem needs to be fixed rapidly by adobe. When I go to the garage with a dead tire the garage does not ask me to go back to my old car!

Specially when you pay a monthly subscription. I add hope that it was fix on update 22.0.1 but this update did not fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please.  any idea when this will get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22 it TOTAL GARBAGE!!! NOTHING but problems including this one with the brushes. Another MAJOR ISSUES is EVERY time I open a PSD file in Photoshop it asks me to update my fonts. IF I do click update then ALL FONTS turn to arial and WILL NOT stay the font it is suppose to be. I have to close and reopen the PSD file multiple times before the fonts stay what they should be. This has ONLY started happening with Photoshop 22. It did not happen in Photoshop 21.  These are ONLY 2 of the many many many issues with Photoshop.  Not even talking about the ridiculous price for CC and long time Pro users don't even get a discount anymore.  Photoshop was so much better when you could actually buy it and you knew it was going to work.  NOW it is NOTHING but problems!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been almost 3 weeks, what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, please fix this. It’s quite annoying and affects my workflow with all the guessing and undoing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac desktop 2020 Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue . Color wheel HUD and red brush size and hardness red overlay not working on latest Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Software developers need to justify their positions by constantly adding features and  it's loaded with bloated upgrades to justify keeping it or subscribing 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently Your not alone according to the comments and views on this thread 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so excited to see photoshop update today, thought they would have fixed this for sure... sadly I am still disappointed, and still terribly missing my stupid red preview...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update 22.1 DID NOT fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated to 22.1.0 and the issue is still there 😞 why is so difficult to fix it? Mac OS Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry is this a joke today was a new update and you still haven't done it i need red overlay size and hardness back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update and this very obvious issue that seems to affect nearly everybody has not been fixed? I could not believe it - but it is true ... not fixed on 22.1 (Windows)

Why has the update not been delayed until this got fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No mention of this bug being fixed in 21.1 update release notes? is this bug that effectively makes the latest PS version unusable just being ignored then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.1 update:

No red preview when changing brush size...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry in new update Ps have still problem, red overlay, lag and more. This is a problem for my workflow...almost one month.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry  Just updated to the new version 22.1.0 on Windows and the bug is still there! It's really frustrating and I'm planning to roll back to the CC2020...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey adobe, was ist mit euch? heute kommt ein update, alle schreien schon, dass die pinselvorschau nicht funkt und schon wieder sieht man keine farbe. das kann doch nicht soooooo schwer sein den bug zu fixen!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate