• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Opacity setting on Windows layer carries over to other files

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, not sure is this intentional or not, but it's a weird behavior.

Whenever I change a layer opacity on a file, upon switching to another file, the layer opacity change on the previous working file will be applied to the new/current file that I just switch over to. 

Exact process, I typed in a number on the layer opacity (without hitting enter), then switching to another file, the opacity change end up applying to both files

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can replicate the issue but never noticed it before because I always hit enter after adjusting the opacity, it also does the same thing for fill.

I can understand why it happens so not sure if it's intentional or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leosn56185363, this is strange. Would it be possible for you to record you rscreen as you step through the process so our team can see what you do?  Also, it may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's super easy to replicate. Just type an opacity w/o Enter, then click on the tab of another document... If it has an active layer, its opacity will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all, we do know that this is a Windows OS issue and the reason for the video is to see an exact step by step of the flow in an attempt to see anything that we are not getting from the basic steps. There are things the team needs to dig further into it.

If anyone wants to share a video as well as their system info, we will take that back and dig into it.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it's doing this for all the data fields. I just tried with brush flow and it will change the setting if your current tool in the next document has a flow field (like a brush or clone stamp).

You can replicate it in 3 to 20 secs. To claim you need a demo and profiles for this is just making things more difficult for yourself... Feels like a stalling tactic.
If PS worked this easy, you could just execute an Enter and Escape on changing documents maybe, not after changing...

-

On Windows we know we have to execute Escape or Enter before or after anything we do, so to speak, so this is somewhat the user's responsibility. I'm guessing there are ±300 more important bugs to fix... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this, and here is a video for you, Cory. (It would be helpful if the forum allowed us to attach the video instead of having to upload or link out to a third party.) Windows 10 Pro v21H2; Photoshop 23.3.2 Release. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krb17i0012xt8c/PSopacitytest.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate all the insights and video sample, a bug has been created and the team is looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate