• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 2020 + Wacom tablet problem: jumping elements

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to Photoshop CC 2020 (now 21.1.2), there are problems with working on the Wacom tablet: elements (especially smart objects and layers grouped in group folders) jump back and forth when moving and cannot be placed precisely.

This happens on several computers with different tablets.

This does not happen with other programs (inkluding Photoshop 2019, Adobe Illustrator CC 2020, Indesign CC 2020, Open Office, operating system and including Photoshop 2019).

The mouse is working proper.

View example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws1k63n9epfcxfg/wacomspringen3beispiele.mp4?dl=0

I had called the Adobe support before and was finally referred to Wacom. After writing extensively with Wacom Support and performing various tests without success, I was referred back to Adobe (because the problem is only in Photoshop) and write with the Adobe support again – but without result. Now they send me to the forum.

My Setting (s):

x Wacom Intous 4 XL (PTK-1240)

And also: Wacom Intuos Pr M (PTH-651)

x IMac Retina 5K 27 'late 2015 (32 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB) + 2nd 27" Monitor

And also: Mac Book Pro Retina 15' mid 2014

x Mac OSX 10.15.4 (Catalina)

x Current Photoshop version CC 2020 (21.1.2)

x Current Wacom driver 6.3.38-3 (with all necessary settings in the »Security« system settings, as necessary and recommended: Approval for the driver: »Accessibility«, »Imput monitoring« ...

What was tried to fix:

x Set up a new clean user account on the IMac

x Reset Photoshop CC 2020 Preferences

x Working in Photoshop with GPU and without GPU support

x Installation of the older Wacom drivers version 6.3.37-3

x Repeated installation of the current Wacom driver version 6.3.38-3

All attempts had no effect.

Since Photoshop 2019 on Mac OS Catatlina is no longer fully supported, I urgently need a solution. Imediately I'm very frustrated and I hope, someone could help me.

Does someone have a similar setting, similar problems, an idea?

THX a lot for any help!

Hubertus

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
Hi HubertusL - can you please try the 21.2 update that went out this AM? It contains a number of fixes for Wacom devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
49 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me unfortunately also - I'm also use two monitors and this would minimize my working space on the tablet to the half.

And yes – the jumping with this settings seems a bit better in fact, but it's still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm not incurring these same issues. Has there been any updates to a fix? This is super inconveinent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last Update to Photoshop 21.1.1 and the newest Wacom driver, the problem has been fixed. There is a new Option in Wacom settings, now, where you could turn off a newly integrated Tip-Up assistant, which will stop the annoying jumping 85% of all events. Sometimes it keeps jumping, but one can deal with it, now.

... I thought it would have gone. But it was more a wish than reality. Actually the new option and the Update of Photoshop did not change this bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful, thank you @Charts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I thought it would have gone. But it was more a wish than reality. Actually the new option and the Update of Photoshop did not change this bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shame - it would have been too nice too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can repro this and are looking into a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello chad-rolfs. Thx al lot! That would be so great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*HubertusausBerlin I wanted to relay a comment from the developers working on this:

"The IMG_0708 2.mov video is extremely helpful to showcase the problem.  Very revealing in frame-by-frame watching what's happening and the order of the events.  John H and myself want to express our thanks to the user who took the time & trouble to make the video!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case the (possibly related) adjustment layer lag would also benefit from a video I've added one here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mh_tnm - thank you very much for your hint - but I think your problem is similar but different from the one we are talking about here. This is about jumping elements in the dokument when using a tablet pen (and especially not when using the mouse).

PS: I've just done another test with a graduation curve - there is no jumping for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chat-Rolfs… great! If further information or records are required, I can make them available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem as you and also when I am cloning I use a lot Option key so use  program Wacom the Option key. After 30 minutes of using it the key doesn't work anymore and I have to use the MacBook keyboard. I've been having this problem for more than a year now and I happened when I updated the software, is really frustrating because I need to restart the Mac every single time. I  have been looking in internet and looks no-one has this same issue, crazy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkip77roryahjef/AAAGjImRjS3YYqxk6ThYw9B4a?dl=0

I hope the video is clear enough of what is my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ fernando rodrigues. Thanks for your hint Fernando. But your problem is clear different (see topic - this is about jumping elements when moving with the Wacom pen) - the best thing to do is to open an own topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chad_rolfs - has there been any new feedback from the developers in the meantime? Could they find a solution perhaps? Greetings, Hubertus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video (very helpful) @fernando rodriguez 

I will see if I can reproduce this.  Can you give me the technical details of your setup: OS you're running, Wacom driver version, and Photoshop version?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're very close to releasing a fix for this based on what we've been able to repro, but we've also learned it's not really fixed until you confirm on your setup which, in some cases, can be wildly different from what we have.  The next update should have the fix but I legally can't give you a date unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - but that sounds very hopeful! Great! Many Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chad_rolfs , yeah 
PSD: 22.2.0

Wacom: Intuos pro small (6.3.42-1)

Many thanks, looking forward to hear from you.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*HubertusausBerlin Hey! I have been looking for an answer to this problem for the past week. Recently bought the Wacom Intuos Pro (medium). Have you been able to trouble shoot this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @ MuddiMids: The answer is no, unfortunately. But I will update in the next days to the newest photoshop version - chad@zewg.com_Rolfs made a little bit hope that with this version could be solved the problem... With which version do you operate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any recent update on this ? I don't seem to be able to find a solution. 

I have an Intuos Pro M and every time I release an element it jumps like in your video.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same problem here: jumping elements with wacom tablet. Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate