• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2.2 Share Button is distracting

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 2022 (version 23.2), photoshop implemented a Blue Share button in the

top right corner of the app workspace that is supposed to turn into a button of the sme color as

the other tool options bar icons.

With the latest 23.2.2 update the Blue Share button does not go away after first use as described

on this page under Easily find the Share button

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

I reset the photoshop preferences as i do after every photoshop update by trashing the preferences folder.

Share button that the Blue Share button is supposed to appear as after first use

sh1.png

In the 23.2.2 update the button still stays as a Blue Share button after first use

sh2.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Updating status.

Please use Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

To learn more, see Use Preferences to set a neutral color scheme for Photoshop

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Finally an option to change the blue button to not blue 😁

2022-08-18 11_34_22-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
205 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They not only did not change appearance of Share Button in 23.3 update, but also made many users unhappy by removing Quick Share feature: Share functionality removed from Photoshop 23.3.0 !!!!! Bad move Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what you get without any alternative. Lazy development and lost connection to the base of pro users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still there in 23.3.1 - Please give us the option to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make it gray yourself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows says I don't have the persimission to change the file.

Shouldn't have to p about with this kind of stuff. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That the button’s default color is annoying (or at least a peculiar UI-choice) seems indisputable. 

But if you don’t have permission to change stuff on your computer there seems to be another problem at play. 

Who has »administrator rights« on it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Windows says I don't have the permissions to change the file"

You'll need to take a copy of the file to your desktop and then you should be able to amend the file, then just copy and paste the amended file back into the folder, also make sure Photoshop is closed before doing any of this.

You can also just rename the ColorUI file to something like ColorUI.old in case to need to revert it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. I put the notes tab collapsed over it and the others I don't use. (don't use notes)

chazzcron_0-1651089186298.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked – so easy to do. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third update in a row ( 23.3.1) Still no fix. You mf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the modified UIColors.txt-hack - posted several times above - for a while, and it's easy to do and kills the offensive color. We shouldn't have to resort to hacks of course.

Except - lately I've been bothered by a persistent "update available" for 23.3.1, which is the one installed. Another user posted this recently, and I just dismissed it. But since then it started on both my working systems.

Could it be connected? Is there a modified date-flag here that makes the CC app think it's the wrong version? I'm tempted to uninstall/reinstall just to check, and then paste back the modified UIColor.txt, and check again. We'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse 

I've had that notification about an update for 23.3.1 as well on both my PC's, there was something in the description can't remember exactly what it was about the update, something to do with quality improvement.

I've seen these update notifications in previous versions as well where it tells you there's an update but doesn't actually increase the .xx count, so I don't think it's related to amanding the ColorUI text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the same "update" and decided "what the hell" so I "updated" and when I opened the app the blue share button remained gray. So despite going through the process, I guess nothing was overwritten. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely cosmetic update to some significant files only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. Not really bothered, just curious. If you all see this update notification, but nothing really updating, it's probably nothing. The main overriding concern is to not get the dreaded blue button back 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also saw that update notification and accepted the update yesterday (despite being puzzled over the update and the existing having the same version numbers). The update just took a few seconds so I suspect it either wasn't a real update at all and it was just the update process in a knot, or only a certain few components were changed. The components in the Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder are dated 21/04/22 and nothing I could see with a May date.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's May now, still not fixed. If this truly is a bug at all. Please remove it, Adobe, or at least turn it grey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanneb71083453 

You can change it yourself by amending the UIColors text file as already mentioned in this thread

2022-05-08 11_44_54-© SFTW161Well.psd @ 41% (Layer 1, RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe wanted us to use UIColors.txt workaround they would mark appropriate reply as correct solution (till they solve it profesionally), so I doubt they are happy it's possible to hide Share button. It might ruin their plan of getting us used to this feature 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I wasn't sure if this would be a good idea considering some people commented on an issue with further updates, which may or may not be linekd to it. (Seems like it was false alarm though...?) Regardless, this is just a workaround, not a fix, and it shouldn't be necessary for us to do so. Adobe should add a checkbox in the UI settings for turning it on or off, or a drop-down menu where you can choose the version you like or anything similar. Otherwise this issue could hardly be considered solved in my opinion. So I'll stick with my initial statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Regardless, this is just a workaround, not a fix, and it shouldn't be necessary for us to do so.«

If Adobe (or certain parties at Adobe) and you (and in this case quite a few other Photoshop users) disagree on something having a work-around may be as good as it gets … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At no point did I say this workaround would be bad, whatever works for you. (I also tried it, but it doesn't work so far, but maybe restarting the computer might help.) But from what I understood, this forum/community exists for people to voice their concerns or wishes, so... that's what I am doing. To my knowledge there hasn't been any "official" statement that this won't be changed, so I don't see what's wrong with adding my support with a comment and an upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion 'Adobe' agrees with us completely how this one element has a negative effect on our well-being, just for understandable reason they won't admit it 😛 Like most ordinal humans their employess are sensitive as well as we all are, so when working singly with applications we use, they would be very alike badly affected by anything of that the users massively report. Sadly for us, as far as they have benefits of anything implemented to their app products the cold income calculation is much more worth than respect to customers. It's after all their leading business, so they're allowed to act how they prefer, even saying something is made with a view to us, despite the fact how much we dislike it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanneb71083453 said

"so I don't see what's wrong with adding my support with a comment and an upvote."

Nothing is wrong with adding your support and upvote, Susanne. Adobe does not consider this a bug, as they have said on this forum that it was intentional. That being said, we have seen them reverse course sometimes when enough users speak up and upvote,  so we can hope they will reconsider the ugly distracting obnoxious blue button!

I'd like to address that you tried the work-around and it didn't work for you. Can you share screen shots of your settings? Maybe we can spot the error and assist you there.

As volunteers, we cannot change the software. We can only offer explanations, work-arounds, and opinions that are our own.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate