• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop can't open, freezes on splash image, uses all of ram trying to open then crashes.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have googled every possible variation of this problem and tried every fix for this problem, none of them worked. I have tried reinstalling photoshop, deleting everything even remotely related to photohop in the appdata, deleting custom fonts, restarting the computer, updating graphics and computer, and holding every possible combination of alt, ctrl and shift while trying to launch in administrator mode. The result is always the same. It opens the splash image, gets to loading preferences or brushes, spikes RAM usage to every last byte of RAM I have, freezes the computer, then crashes.

And no i'm not running it on a potato i'm running it on an Alienware Aurora 4090, it should have more than enough power to handle this and Photoshop ran perfectly fine for months. Then just today it crashed and has never started up again.

Photoshop version 25.11

Help.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

UPDATE

As the team investigates this issue, it has been determined that if you remove these beta apps:

• Media Encoder beta
  • After Effects beta
  • Premiere Pro beta and
  • Character Animator beta

your other Adobe apps should open as expected.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 687 Replies 687
687 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing your beta apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud under Apps. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acutlicee llas versiones de ps y beta y no me deja abrirlas me marca error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why as I've changed nothing but neither Photoshop of Photoshop Beta are opening for me. I just see the opening screen for about 30 seconds and then I get an error saying its using too much memory.

As you can see from the picture, Photoshop is using around 40 GB of memory, is this normal? I've never monitored that before so I'm not sure.

I've tried lots of different things from uninstalling the apps, logging out of CC, deleting other apps to clear space, installing older versions of the apps etc.

Other apps like Premiere Pro only seem to use 1-2 GB of memory at a time on my machine so I don't think 40 GB is normal.

Any help would be appreicated, thank you.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 03.18.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to include that my system is a Macbook Air M1 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - not just uninstalling Photoshop Beta, but also - in my case - AE Beta as well. I also chose to reinstall Photoshop as well. Not sure if I strictly *had* to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling the Beta Apps worked for me. 

Photoshop 2024 now opens without any issues. 

Thank you, ejd

Shepherd Book used to tell me, "If you can't do somethin' smart... do somethin' right." — Jayne (from Serenity, the movie)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El programa de dejo de funcionar de la nada, ya hice varios procesos para lograr abrirlo y no resulta, el programa hace que se haga cierre forzoso, he probado con otros programas de adobe y solo me funciona Lr con normalidad.

Tengo Mac M1, no se que ocaciono el problema, AYUDA!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, one minor detail. 

I had to edit the Registry to rebuild the link so that Lightroom recognized Photoshop as the external editor (it wasn't showing up as a plugin). 

Even so, it still occasionally fails to transfer the edited file back to lightroom. 

I need to get something done right now, but tomorrow I'll uninstall and reinstall Photoshop to so that it works correctly as a Lightroom External Editor. 

A bit of a pain, but I'm glad to be working again. 

Shepherd Book used to tell me, "If you can't do somethin' smart... do somethin' right." — Jayne (from Serenity, the movie)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue appeared after updating to version 25.11; the program stopped working (Windows 10 operating system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering an issue with both the regular and beta versions of Photoshop 25.11. When I try to open the program, it gets stuck on the startup screen and does not fully launch. This issue did not exist in the previous version, where the program was working perfectly. However, even after reverting to the previous version, Photoshop still won't work. My operating system is Windows 10. To resolve this, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software multiple times, but unfortunately, the problem persists. Could you please assist me in finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the beta version and see if the other version then opens,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@easygoing_connoisseur01AC 

When the Lightroom > Edit in Photoshop link isn't working correctly, uninstall both, then reinstall Photoshop first, Lightroom second. The order is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall all the beta versions. It worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Cory,

It worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Este proceso me ha funcionado, ya me abre Ps.

Muchas gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with Adobe programs – they stopped loading.

I can't launch Photoshop 2024, its BETA version, and several other Adobe programs. The symptom is that the program starts loading, then freezes during the process, gradually consuming all the RAM until the computer crashes. My computer is powerful enough to run these programs – 192 GB RAM, i9 processor, etc.

I have a full Adobe package subscription. Here’s what I've done so far:

• Reinstalled the programs.
  • Cleared the cache and reinstalled the programs.
  • Updated the system and drivers.
  • Scanned the computer with various antivirus and anti-malware tools.

I don't know what could be causing this issue. The programs suddenly stopped working, and older versions don't work either. I would really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
10 hours ago 10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall ALL Beta Versions? That's what I did, then it worked again for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe photoshop and photpshop beta will not start, they will get to loading preferences then freeze. Could you help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly today Photoshop decided not to open after my Mac updated itself at night.

I tried installing an older version of Photoshop and also downloading the Beta app. No luck.
I tried skipping plugins by holding "Shift" while opening PS. 

I tried reseting preferences file by holding "Shift" + "CMD" + "Option" while opening PS.

No luck.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 09.30.35.pngScreenshot 2024-08-09 at 09.31.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just got it fixed.
I UNINSTALLED the BETA app of Media Encoder and now it opened without any problem.

I didn't uninstall all the beta apps, I still had After Effects Beta when I opened Photoshop and it worked.

So I assume Media Encoder was the problem.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost a full day of work trying to figure out why Photoshop was failing to launch.  Many of you have probably experienced the same issue, as the splash window freezes during the "Halide Bottlenecks" plugin.  I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Photoshop, restarting my computer, and both failed.  This is how I resolved the problem on my Mac:

Finder> Application> Adobe Creative Cloud

Launch Adobe Creative Cloud application

Once launched, go to "Apps" section on the far left column (circled in red.)

Within "App" section, go to "Beta" option (Beaker icon) at top panel of the app (circled in green)

Pay attention to any Beta apps that you have installed.  In my case, I had Premiere Pro and Media Encoder Beta (circled in yellow.)  Click on the three dot drop down menu and uninstall any Beta you have.  Once that is done, all of your apps should work. I hope this may help troubleshoot the issue for many of you.

According to tech support, this is what they told me:

"There is an ongoing issue with Beta apps impacting users worldwide.  Our engineering team is working upon it, and very soon the updates will be released for the beta apps.  Till that time, we request you to use official version of Adobe apps."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked thank you very much

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that it working again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did it and it works ,thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate