• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through a process with an Adobe tech last night.  I had upgraded to 24.1 and started getting the gude log files.  Only happens when I open PS throough Windows 11 file explorer by clicking on a PSD file.  If PS is already open and I open a PSD file from the PS file menu, it doesn't happen.  Tech had me rename my preference folder to .bak and then we did a clean removal of PS with an app that the tech had me download.  We then installed 24.1 and it still writes gude log files when I open PSD files from Windows File Explorer, so not fixed in 24.1, or at least re-introduced with 24.1.  I'm guessing that it's a debuging code snippet that was somehow not commented out in the build.

Thanks,

-Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech had me rename my preference folder to .bak and then we did a clean removal of PS with an app that the tech had me download.

The fact that they are making customers jump through these hoops tells me they aren't aware of the issue and/or haven't identified the issue as being with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effectively I tried and it is the same for me.

It is very annoying, I have to remember to launch first Photoshop and then to open the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pretty annoying. The best way to avoid it for now is to use Bridge, not Windows Explorer. I'm not getting it when opening from Bridge (which is what I normally use anyway).

Make sure to vote in the "Bugs" thread Ged links to, so we can get their attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As advised, have turned GPU off, and will see if that fixes it. If not, will keep an eye out for Bridge Vs Explorer. Tend to use Bridge myself but haven't been paying attention to that - will keep my eyes peeled on that front if the annoyance persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is listed as fixed in Photoshop 24.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteThe fact that they are making customers jump through these hoops tells me they aren't aware of the issue and/or haven't identified the issue as being with them.

Unfortunatley, this is a common situation I experienced so many times with Adobe. There can be hundreds of messages about an issue in the user forum for weeks already, but when you finally call support they are unaware about the issue. @Adobe: please fix your process and communication issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not. I've never seen it before, until I updated to 24.1 yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Gawd! I was just about to 'Who-Hooo!' Downloading 24.1 now - will turn GPU back on and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't it fixed then regressed? Its in Fixed issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear in fixed issues here (accessed from UK). I wonder if it was in previously but has been removed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The US page shows PS 24.1, UK page shows PS 24.0.1. That is why the lists are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - that would explain it 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I started getting these gude-xxx.log files containing "SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty"

However, I discovered that the log file won't be created if I open the files by right-clicking and then Open With -> Photoshop. It's an annoying workaround, but a potential workaround nonetheless. I do hope Adobe fixes this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A. Don't bug your customers with it.

It would be practical not to be bothered by log files I do not need and I do not understand.

exactly....

updated to ps 24.1 and the issue still prevails....

i'm fed up with it and i'm tired of all this back and forth talk in this community that leads to nothing, because adobe isn't fixing this and also doesn't really seem to care....

i don't want to try to analyze any content (i don't understand) of any log files.

i don't want to change any (default) settings in my operating system.

i don't want to perform any complicated and non-practical workarounds.

i don't want to because i don't have the time nor the desire nor is it my job!

i just want my ps and ai apps to run like they used to before this problem first occured in april (!), or, in my case, in june.

since then, my "workaround" has been and still is opening the files via "right click" -> "open with" -> "[software]"; for me the least annoying, BUT STILL ANNOYING...!!!

@Mohit Goyal please tell your customers that the problem is fixed only when it's really fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files drive me crazy.

We pay for the software.

GIVE US A FIX THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to latest PS and had my first GUDE-LOG file sighting in among my .JPG's and .PSDs.

Is this a bug?   Using WIndows 11.

See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on/off the history log in Preferences > History and Content Credentials > History Log.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've never had this issue UNTIL I installed the December 24.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks to @D Fosse for pointing out that it doesn't create the file when you open it from an already-running Photoshop! I'll just do that from now instead of double clicking to open a photoshop file.

I just updated to Photoshop 24.1 and it started, which is actually kind of bad because I save directly to Dropbox but dropbox can't handle this logging file and gets stuck for some reason when trying to upload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to correct my post above: I do get the gude log file in all directories, not just the desktop - as long as the file is opened by Windows Explorer with Photoshop closed.

With Photoshop running, or opened through Bridge, the gude log file does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(also warning to people using dropbox while working with psd files - like me - is that this log file it creates is in read-only mode while you're in photoshop, and this halts the dropbox process which leads to problems sometimes) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

History log is already unchecked.  Not sure what the gude-log is doing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

What´s wrong with Photoshop? What is Gude 2022-12-17?!!

Totally anoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate