• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preferences to turn off auto-commit and double click to edit text

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's cool that you guys added the addition to auto commit and double click to edit text but please add into tool preferences the ability to turn this off. I just downloaded photoshop 2019 and I keep accidentally editing text instead of moving it and then when I'm rotating or scaling objects it will auto commit for me when I didn't want it to.

Also can you please put other things in preferences to like scaling using the shift key and other things that were changed for usability? People that have been using the program for a really long time are used to it working one way and then just changing it to the opposite is really tough to get used to. Would be very nice to have the option to turn these things on or off depending on if I want them to work a certain way.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019
You can use PSUserConfig.txt to disable "Click to Commit" - Instructions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html#disable_click_to_commit

Votes

Translate

Translate
62 Comments
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems fixed in 20.0.5

Image is not available

They call it Legacy though, as in 'ancient'. Translates to:

"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."

I hope you learned from this Adobe. Now please stop adding so called features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a way to disable double-click to edit text. For years, I've selected layers using CMD+click, and then immediately move them. I work very fast, moving lots of elements around -- constantly entering text edit mode is terrible.

Making this an option in preferences is a no-brainer. Why would you not? There's little cost, and it's potentially disruptive for lots of longtime users. Please do this for all new 'usability' features going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this, I use command click all the time and double click is frustrating as hell when it enters into text when I'm trying to move instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think longterm users aren't the target audience nowadays. they already paid and noone at adobe cares about them. there is no other explanation for the things that constantly happened over the past years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Shift To Constrain was only a part of the problem with CC20. The click to commit and the atrocious new text behavior is equally bad. I will never use any version later than CC19 unless we get legacy behavior back on all of these issues. When Adobe takes v19 away from us, I WILL switch to Affinity,period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the ability to rotate using crop and transform tools is limited in latest release.  You now have to have pointer within about an inch of the tool boundary instead of anywhere.  This makes fine adjustments more difficult.  IE moving your pointer 1/4 inch when close to tool versus 1/4 inch when several inches from tool means a much courser angle of rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use PSUserConfig.txt to disable "Click to Commit" - Instructions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html#disable_click_to_c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2019 Sep 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most absurd thing they've done. All I do command click to access to layers and now I have to move slower.. yet again. slower for new photoshops. I guess photoshop is officially not good for text layouts anymore or web design. Time for Sketch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2019 Sep 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and once again Adobe has proved it does not care one bit about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get this to work in PS 21.0.1...
Clicking to fast (when trying to move the text layer), still results in editing the text layer. Really annoying 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey's post will only deactivate the click to commit transform. The double click to select text will still work, unfortunately. The ghosts of PS 19 still linger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can confirm, double click (and rapid alt+right - left click) results in text editing. Pretty please - fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate