• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS v25.12 Tool menu appear behind image - a problem coming from Beta

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop down pop up is UNDER the photo instead of behind it. I shouldn't have to move the photo to see the drop down box, right??

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-11 a las 2.07.36 p.m..png

This problem is coming from Beta release, and ADOBE team did not fix it, insted now bring it to oficial release. See link below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-ps-beta-v25-12-tool-menu-appear-behind-image/id...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the MAX release of Photoshop version 26.0 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 26.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
71 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer I will do that before Adobe fix it. 

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brinnn_0-1727962854081.png

same thing happenning to me right now...
Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bri@nnn did you read the reply from @Jeff Arola above

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2024 Oct 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with Photoshop 25.12.0...

The fly-out menus for the toolbar are covered by floating windows. They should always be visible above any window you are working out of. Anyone else seeing this issue?

iMac Pro 18 core - 128GB RAM
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

macOS 14.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know there's a temporary "fix". Also interesting that this bug wasn't squashed before release. Maybe we're all just misunderstanding and they intended this as a new feature. At any rate, thanks, Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue, but my pop-ups are behind all other palettes. My images are all docked as tabs, not floating, but if, for example, I select the Tool Preset flyout, the flyout is under any nearby palettes. I've reset my preferences but that did no good.Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 9.05.20 AM.png

Photoshop 25.12.0 on Mac M1, Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2024 Oct 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich habe Photoshop vorhin auf 25.12.0 aktualisiert. Beim Arbeiten musste ich feststellen, dass mir z. B. die Pinsel beim Anklicken immer hinter meiner Arbeitsfläche eingeblendet werden. D. h. wenn ich einen anderen Pinsel wählen möchte, muss ich alle geöffneten Bilder bei Seite schieben, um an die Pinselpalette ran zu kommen. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, dass Pinsel, Werkzeuge usw. (wie bisher) immer vor der Arbeitsfläche angezeigt werden? Das nervt echt hart (wenn ich es mal in Jugendsprache ausdrücken darf).

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-09 um 16.06.07.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-10-09 um 16.14.55.png

Beste Grüße,

– Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks a lot! That helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

for a few days now, the tool panels have been going behind the open images in Photoshop, making it impossible to work.

I have always used floating images, not tabbed, and this problem has never occurred before. I tried resetting the preferences, then uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it (choosing during installation to delete the preferences and not use those from older versions).
Unfortunately, nothing changed.

Using the tabbed view is not an option for the type of work I do, as I almost always need to have multiple documents open and visible at the same time.

In the image I’m attaching, you can see (or rather, "not" see) the eyedropper tool panel ending up behind one of the open windows.
But it’s even worse when using any tool and I right-click for options—the menu doesn’t appear at all (because it’s completely covered by the image window).
In this case, the only way to fix it is to switch to full screen (F key), choose the options, and then go back to the normal view.

Thank you, bye.

Photoshop version 25.12.0
macOS 12.2
Mac Studio M1 Max

Schermata 2024-10-09 alle 19.11.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that seems to be a bug that carried over from the Photoshop Beta to the release 25.12 version of Photoshop.

Since your using Floating Document Windows you could turn off the Application Frame for a temp fix until Adobe fixes the issue.

Window>Application Frame

see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-ps-v25-12-tool-menu-appear-behind-image-a-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for the suggestion, it works and for now this is better than nothing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble.

I'm glad the workaround steps that the expert shared worked for you. We can reproduce this issue on our end in Photoshop 25.12, so I'm moving this thread to the discussion for now. 

Thanks, 

Shivani 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to have this same issue now on some of the panels. See example of the gradient options being hidden behind the window. Deleting preference folders and re-installing photoshop is not helping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this be fixed with the October update? Adobe tends to break things often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all

This has been fixed in 2025, version 26.0.0 20240927.r.26. Please install the new version and try it.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the problem has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the MAX release of Photoshop version 26.0 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 26.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying, the problem was solved with the new version 2025. But I have been working 3 weeks with problems, I pay my subscription monthly and when I have had problems with my credit card, I get a warning notice from ADOBE. I expect some compensation from you, I have been a user for more than 15 years and it is an uncomfortable situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate