• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Export as" is exporting to the last folder you exported to

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you "export as", Photoshop will choose the last folder you exported to, not the folder where your PSD is saved, which 2018 did. Is that intentional?
It makes more sense to choose the folder you are working in, not the last one.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
This issue should be fixed in the 20.0.2 update. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
17 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. And also PNG is set as default and I didn't found any option to change it to JPG. I have to change the format in every artboard one by one. It takes a lot of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the file type and other options in the menu below ‘Export as’. As I’m typing this on my iPad, I can’t tell you the exact name of that menu.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you talk about the Export preferences, I'm affraid it's only for the 'Quick export'. I changed the preferences from PNG to JPG, and it didn't work for the 'Export as' menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It doesn't keep the settings while working in the same file (always resetting to PNG), and it does keep the last folder exported to. Both are exactly the opposite of what I want and how it used to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when exporting multiple items, _@2x, _@1x, _@mob, the effects don't scale. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have this issue. Adobe, fix this.

Also, revert the constrict transform changes or add snap to to the transform from centre hotkey. Consider your userbase before making changes to a workflow that has been the same for the better part of a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update for Photoshop, CC 2019, now made the Export As dialog default to the last save location, regardless of where the currently opened document resides. I preferred the previous behavior where the default save location was the same folder as the currently opened document because I always saved my work with its PSD. Now, I have to navigate to the project's folder for every project I'm working on, which is much slower than just hitting Enter twice.

The Export As dialog is also worse than before. Unnecessary HTML right-click options appear over the UI now. You can even drop a web page into it now! The preview quality for zoom levels not 100% is also worse than before as it's now blurry and pixelated instead of just blurry. I'd prefer a choice of zoom rendering since different contexts may require different interpretations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 bug: "File > Export > Export As" does not save the exported file in the same location as the source image, and instead just goes to the last exported location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is investigating this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fantastic idea! Maybe the engineers should scrap v20??

This would solve everyone's problems.

Sorry I couldn't help myself. 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the 20.0.2 update. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The saving location issue is fixed in the latest updated.
However, the minor issues I also reported are still present. No keyboard focus on the window to allow pressing Enter to save. Zoom is blurry and pixelated. There is still a browser right-click context menu over the dialog, and you can still drop in arbitrary files into the window and have them open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The no focus/can't hit return to commit issue is still being worked on. Tracked here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc2019-export-as-dialog-default-but...

I'll see if the browser behavior stuff is on that team's radar (right click and drag and drop)

I'm not able to repro the blurry zoom. Could you create a new topic and post some screenshots of what you're seeing and steps to reproduce that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Separate issue

Please reference the new conversation here: Photoshop: Export As has browser right-click and drag and drop behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi... Wondering if you took a screenshot on the issue? That's what I did. For the missing or change shortcut for toggling. To show Adobe what I was talking about... it helped!

Anyhow, wondering if your Zoom might be related to your graphics card? I know that's theirs an option in the Preferences (Performance). Graphic's Processor Settings. I check that on and went under the advanced settings and made sure that my Drawing Mode: Advanced and clicked on all the options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate