• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Save As" no longer appear with second monitors or Sidecar running after update to macOS Monterey

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

When I try to "Save As" I get no result. Normally a dialog box will pop up with format / file location options but it's no longer happening. I am trying to save a .psd file as a .psd file. 

I have tried going to File / Save As and also the cmd/shift/S keyboard shortcut

I am also seeing this behavior in InDesign, but the Save As command works in Illustrator.

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Mac Mini 2018

Thanks!

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Fixed.  I'm running a 2nd NEC monitor that I use as my main screen. Changed the prefs to have the iMac as the main screen, then changed back, and now all dialog boxes are showing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

We'll investigate this with Apple. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here it still doesn't work. Even with 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last apdate, after saving many files I cant save, save as or export any file.  Only save ti cloud works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on Monterey. I tried resetting the performance but the same problem. Every time  I must restart photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save dialogs not showing up at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue for a couple days. I work on a Cintiq + HD monitor LG. The Primary monitor was set to my 2nd monitor which was the LG.  A friend of mine helped me troubleshoot through the problem, so what we ended up doing was to set the Primary Monitor you work on, in my case the Cintiq, restarted Photoshop 2022, and Save as worked again! Woohoo! Headache gone & Happy Holidays Everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving window doesn't show on M1 Mac when external monitor is plugged in.

I can save to cloud, but not to the computer. The only solution is to unplug the external monitor.

This is a critical bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another workaround: Switching to Rosetta Intel version. Still it's a serious bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MikeLong... this worked perfectly for me. 

For anyone out there, my set up is: MacBook Pro (15in 2019) OS Monterey 12.0.1. 2nd display: ASUS PA279

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By this, I mean when I hit save, or save as, nothing happens. Not the "save a copy" problem everyone on the internet is complaining about.

I have tried slecting every tool, then save, making sure nothing is selected or any operations running, and, it still happens when it is literally just a flattened jpeg open on my machine.

I have a brand new macbook M1 pro, with the latest version of monterey, and an up to date PS (23) with the apple silicon version of PS.

Im pretty sure its a glitch, as when it happens to coicides with the rulers not staying on the edge of the canvas (they go all over the place) 

I am a very experienced user, and in all my 22 years of using photoshop ive never been in a situation where I hit "save" or "save as", and absolutely nothing happens, and the only thing I can do is close the file.

I am fed up of losing my work. It is quite annoying, so anything you can do to help would be great. TBH I am finding the new mac and PS extremely buggy, and am considering going back to my old machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried running Photoshop with Rosetta, I think that fixes the save issue, I'm not a MAC user so could be wrong.

https://www.macworld.com/article/338843/how-to-force-a-native-m1-mac-app-to-run-as-an-intel-app-inst...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all , am using the latest version of PS on my MAC ( up to date ) , i keep getting this bug that prevents me from exporting files , i can save PS documents but i can't export , nothing happens when i click on the export button or the save as button , tried re-installing PS , resetting the preferences , restarting my mac , nothing worked !

PS : sometimes it works normally , the issue keeps coming and going 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! The last update fixed it! Let's goo! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepp – the update on 6th of january seems to have fixed the problem. Crossing my fingers. Curiously the version number of Photoshop has not changed after the update – still says "23.1.0 release". Not complaining though, if it continues to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What update? Was it an adobe update or MacOS that fixes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an update to Photoshop that popped up in CreativeCloud today, 6th of January. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah nice one buddy!!!

Hasn't happened since so fingers crossed 🙂

-R

Rowan Morgan
Photographer
rowan@rowanmorgan.photos

The information in this email is intended only for the addressee named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Mr Morgan will not warrant that
any attachments are free from viruses or other defects and accept no
liability for any losses resulting from infected email transmissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, Mi Photoshop esta actualizado a la ultima version, pero no me deja ni exportar ni guardar, yo conecto un monitor externo y es imposible hacer esas dos cosas, cuando no uso el monitor funciona bien, alguien le pasa algo similar??Saludos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. The issue you're experiencing is a known issue. We're merging your thread with an existing thread on the issue. Please check out the suggestions on the thread while our product team is working on a fix.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Since I installed the last update of Photoshop, I have an issue with the saving window :
When I finish my project, I decide to close it… and usually, a window appears asking if I want to save my project or not. And now, this window doesn't appear but I know it is there : because when I try to do something else, nothing happens… just hear a "bip". So I have to press "Esc" to regain control.

Thx in advance for your help.

P.S : you'll find a movie attached showing what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I  use a MackBook Air version 12.2  and I have been facing a technical issue while trying to save a new file in photoshop 23.1.1

When I try saving any new document in photoshop it doesn't work (doesn't even give any pop up error window). I also tried reinstalling the software itself but that too didn't help. Also, please note that this issue is not happening in any other adobe softwares. Could anyone suggest a solution for the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, so you see Photoshop  listed? If not, do add it and try again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dialog boxes appear anymore. An example is when I close an unsaved document. The box does not appear and I can't click on anything anymore. Only by pressing [escape] does the dialog appear for the briefest second before disappearing again. After that I can click on things again, but the issue persists next time a dialog box is supposed to open. Restarting Photoshop helps for a while, but soon enough the problem returns.

I've tried resetting my preferences, but that did not help.

I'm on MacOS Monterey 12.0.1, Photoshop 23.1.1.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't seem to save anymore in Photoshop on Mac. I get this screen to choose if I want to save in the Cloud or on the desktop. If I choose Desktop, I don't get any other dialog window and the image isn't saved.

I have tried to:

* reinstall Photoshop

* cleared the preferences

* renamed the UXP folder

* ran the CloudCleaner tool

Any more ideas?

Kind regards,

Stijn

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read through the thread, the cause and fix has been posted numerous times.

Votes

Translate

Translate