• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Save button disabled in Save As Dialog Box on Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop (and InDesign as well) the 'Save As' dialogue box is unresponsive. The dialog box opens, but I can't click on any field or add a new file name. I can only hit esc to close it.

I've seen posts about similar things happening on external montiors, but this is all on my laptop directly.

I've tried installing older versions of photoshop, but no luck.

Any thoughts/ideas? Thank you

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What versions of Monterey and Photoshop? Intel or M1? I can't reproduce this on my MBP M1 Max with Monterey 12.3 and Photoshop 23.2.2. The 'Save as' dialog works as expected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the UXP folder
Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.
• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
• (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

If that fixes it, I'd like to get a copy of the renamed UXP folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately changing the UXP name didn't work.. but thank you for replying to this.

I'm running Mac OS 12.3 on a MBP 2019, with the latest update of Photoshop.

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue, do you know if Adobe is working on a fix?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here - work has ground to a halt so definitely need a workaroud/fix please adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on this issue with Apple. Workaround: You can resize the save window a little bit and the Save button will become active again.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to resize the Save As / Save a Copy dialog, does that resolve the issue?  There is an issue that presents only on OS 12.3, where the Save button is greyed out and resizing the dialog fixes it - that is an Apple issue and they are aware of it. From what you're describing @Michael23669891ctuy that doesn't sound like what you're running into.  What OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround worked for me, thank you! Same here: no external monitors just couldn't save. Resizing the dialog box did the trick. THANK YOU!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the window worked for me as well - thank you! I had to make the window very small in order for it to work. If I made the window larger, the save button just flickers. @chad.rolfs - to answer your question, I'm running OS 12. 3.

In the last few days I found one other workaround - since I was seeing so many comments here about external montiors, I plugged my mac into an external monitor and the save and save as functions worked. But once I unplug, it doesn't work again..  Thanks again - please let us know when Apple has addressed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Could you please update to macOS 12.3.1 and check if that helps to resolve this issue? Please share your feedback in this thread.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 2022 on macOS Monterey,

Save as / Export dialogs are disabled and I cant save locally. 

Tried privacy settings and gave PS full disk access - not helping.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. Better? 

If not and you've given PS full disk access, you may need to run a free utility to check permissions and such, I'd suggest Onyx.

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the specific error you're getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx @TheDigitalDog ! delete setttings did not help. Going to try the utility check soon. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 not getting an error at all. The save file dialog opens and I cant do anything. Save button is disabled. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you on macOS 12.3.1 - this was an OS issue that was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453  thanks. Will update tonight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453  - thank you! Updating to 12.3.1 fixed the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Monterey 12.5 on an M1 iMac. Photoshop version 23.5. My Photoshop and Mac are both above the versions needed to fix the problem and the problem was still happening when the save window popped up - but on my 2nd monitor. 
I couldn't resize the dialog or the program window. I couldn't click any of the options, not even the cancel button. The entire dialog was unresponsive and was locked out of doing anything. All I could do is force quit the app. 

So, after quitting, I restarted and tried saving again, but this time, I pulled the save window back to my main computer and was able to save.

SOLUTION:

Just drag the save window back to your main monitor/computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estoy usando Ps 2022 23.5.1 en un macbook pro con chip M1 pro y SO monterey 12.6. Mi problema es que tras editar y guardar dos fotos de forma consecutiva, si intento una tercera puedo editarla sin problemas pero no hay forma de poder guardarla. Aparecen todas las posibilidades activadas (guardar, guardar como, exportar, etc), pero al hacer clic en cualquiera de ellas no ocurre nada y por lo tanto no puedo guardar la imagen. La única solución es cerrar Ps, perdiendo el trabajo realizado, volver a abrirlo y entonces se repite el bucle, dos fotos bien y la tercera no se puede guardar. No aparece ningún aviso de error. Ya he contactado varias veces tanto con la ayuda de Apple como de Adobe y no consigo solución alguna. Esto me rompe completamente mi flujo de trabajo y como siga así me veré obligado a probar con otro software diferente y abandonar las aplicaciones de Adobe, ya que el resto de aplicaciones y pluggins funcionan perfectamente en mi Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, il est impossible de redimensionner la fenêtre. Ce bug est très agaçant car on ne peut pas travailler correctement du fait de cette impossibilité d'enregistrer au format JPEG. De plus l'application Photoshop est totalement bloqué et il est donc nécessaire de forcer sa fermeture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Une précision : j'utilise la version 24.00 Photoshop 2023 et MAC OS Ventura. Bonne journée à tous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno, stesso problema!!! Come posso risolverlo? Adobe non risponde alle mie domande!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For issues with Save/Save a Copy dialog with Photoshop 24 on Ventura - see this thread for workaround: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-save-save-a-copy-dialog-non-functional-on-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ho anche io questo problema, ho provato in tutti i modi,ho anche l'ultimo aggironamento di PS 2023, non so che provare

Votes

Translate

Translate