• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Selections and panning snap to wrong location

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The selection rectangle tool does not mark the desired area but jumps to another place on the desktop after dragging and release, since 2020 version (Surface Studio)
 sorry for bad english

Das Auswahlrechteck Werkzeug markiert nicht den gewünschten Bereich sondern springt an eine andere Stelle auf dem Desktop nach dem loslassen. seit der 2020 version, benutze ein Surface Studio

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Wacom tablet or mouse?

Did you install the 21.1.3 update that came out yesterday?

Verwenden Sie ein Wacom-Tablet oder eine Wacom-Maus?

Haben Sie das gestern veröffentlichte 21.1.3-Update installiert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with mouse or pen only, or both?  

Also, are all the latest OS updates applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With mouse definitely. I'm not sure with a pen because the problem only occurs now and then, so I can't test it right now

Not with a Wacom, I have a surface and can paint directly on the display

Yesterday's update is not yet installed, I will install that now

Mit maus auf jedenfall, mit Stift bin ich mir nicht sicher da das Problem nur abunzu auftrit deshalb kann ich es grade nicht testen

Kein wabco, ich habe ein surface und kann direkt auf dem Display malen

Das Update von gestern werde ich jetzt erst instalieren war also noch nicht drauf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Let us know if this problem still exists in the most current version of PS as well as Win 10 OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... The problem still exists.
I would say only with the Mouse not with the Pen (but not 100% sure about that) it Still happened just then and now and not everytime, mostly after a longer time and when i restart PS its gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one monitor attached when this happens? Or use two monitors at any time? Also, what is the scaling set to on your monitor or each of your monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one
  • Bildschirm: PixelSenseTM-Display (28 Zoll)
  • Auflösung: 4500 x 3000 Pixel (192 PPI)
  • Farbeinstellungen: sRGB, DCI-P3 und „lebendig“
  • Individuell farbkalibriertes Display
  • Seitenverhältnis: 3:2
  • Toucheingabe: 10-Punkt-Multi-Touch
  • Unterstützt Surface Pen mit Aktivierung durch Neigen, Surface Dial*-Interaktion auf dem Bildschirm und Zero Gravity-Gelenk
  • 16 GB oder 32 GB (DDR4)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 mit 6 GB GDDR5-Speicher (mit i7/16/1 TB-Konfiguration)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 mit 8 GB GDDR5-Speicher (mit i7/32/1 TB- und i7/32/2 TB-Konfiguration)
The problem started with the 2020 version
Since this is a touch screen, I have the feeling that I have pressed a fixed point in the right corner and the mouse then jumps there automatically. But only in Photoshop and, as I said, only sometimes  so it can't be because that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. QE were able to repro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set scaling to 150%, does it work correctly for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as soon as the problem appears again I try it and report again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ズームイン、アウトがバグる。表示中のPSDファイルをウィンドウ内で動かせなくなる。異常に動作が重くなる。
仕事にならない。

Google translated:
Zooming in and out is buggy. The displayed PSD file cannot be moved in the window. The motion becomes abnormally heavy.I can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with my Photoshop 2020. From time to time, my Pan Tool with start snapping hard to the left, and refuse to go in any other direction. Eventually, I will no longer be able to zoom into or out of my image, despite the navigator moving. The only way to fix this is to close Photoshop and restart the program.

Is this a known issue? Is there a resolution to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've came across a really stressful bug to do with the hand tool. Randomly when I let go after moving around the canvas, the canvas will instantly snap to a location and freeze there. All visuals within the window then don't appear to update after it happens and requires a restart to fix. It seems to be completely random as to when it decides to break and only effects the window of the document you have open.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any quick fixes I could do in the meantime? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had the same issue randomly for about 2 months. The latest Photoshop update didn’t fix it.

As I said in another thread, there is a workaround that works for me: immediately after the issue occurs, I touch my graphic tablet (Wacom) with my stylus, and then it is OK. If I don’t do this at once, the window gets frozen after a while and I can’t work in my document anymore.

Try to do so if you have a tablet.

Otherwise, the only solution is to save and close your document (not Photoshop) and open it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe

Another bug in the latest version. Very annoying. You have to quit the software to reset it. Marquee tool after some use starts to snap to the end of the document from wherever you click. Nothing you can do to select a simple rectangular selection other than save and restart. Please fix.

This along with, the brush previews that don't show transfer, broken split Window view, and resetting of keyboard shortcuts is starting to make this version a deal breaker.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems. Panning snaps to the wrong location - ok, I can live with that.

I also have the Marquee tool problem with both the Wacom Tablet AND the mouse. I select "area A" and "area Z" is selected. I select "area B" and same "area Z" is selected. Same with "area C, D, E, F..." Nothing short of rebooting helps. And sometimes that does not help. This is a real time-waster for me so it is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the object with all of maquee tools and all lasso tools (lasso tool, polygonal lasso tool and Magnetic Lasso tool) in Photoshop 21.2 (rectangular maquee tool in the video) it doesn't work correctly. The selection is out of the place. Incorrect selection placement when I drag along with the mouse cursor.

I updated to the latest version of the NVIDIA 1050ti's graphic card driver.

spec: Windows 10, 16 GB ram, Intel i5-7500 CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  Can you verify this issue does or does not occur in the latest update (21.2.1)?  We shipped a fix for this bug in 21.2.1 but due to limited hardware of everyone working from home, we weren't able to verify the fix on all the different hardware configurations.  Let us know if the fix worked for you or not.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking, but this is still a problem. This occurs with the Rectangular and Elliptical Marquee tools. 

As a workaround I can use Polygonal Lasso Tool with Shift Key for rectangles but for ellipses I'm still screwed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Marty Gottlieb.  Can you tell me what your hardware setup is; how many monitors and what is the arrangement and OS Scaling of each and also which Wacom you're using (if any)?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the settings under display, 
scale and Layout
150% (i have try other)
Display resolution
4500x3000

only one display on which I can also use a pen (Surface Studio 2)
https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/surface/devices/surface-studio-2/tech-specs

I have found that the problem only occurs with the mouse
After I have used the pen, the display remembers the last pressure point
(only sometimes and always somewhere on the right of the display)
and the selection then jumps to this point
Then when I use the pen it works normally again

and like I said
Only in Photoshop and only sometimes
No other program like Illustrator or anything else has a problem with the pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS And sometimes even the brush make random storkes across the entire display if I only press briefly with the Mous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Immerwährend Tattoo - this info is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still running into this issue with the 21.2.1 update, can you please clarify if you are using PSUserConfig.txt in Prefs folder (UseSystemStylus 0)?  Please reply 1, 2 or 3:

#1 NOT seeing the issue with 21.2.1 and DON'T have PSUserConfig.txt in Prefs folder (UseSystemStylus 0)

#2 STILL seeing the issue with 21.2.1 and DON'T have PSUserConfig.txt in Prefs folder (UseSystemStylus 0)

#3 STILL seeing the issue with 21.2.1 and DO have PSUserConfig.txt in Prefs folder (UseSystemStylus 0)

Votes

Translate

Translate