Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1111.png

test pc is window10. Photoshop version 23.4

GPU comp off / on , Multithread of / off , Native canvas on /of

I reset it, but the result is the same.

It doesn't matter if it just looks like that and it doesn't affect the actual output. But that's how it's reflected in the actual output. So I can't proceed with the work right now.

That bug occurs randomly when zooming in and out. Even if i use clone stamp, patch tools, or healing brushes, bugs occur randomly. Emergency patch is required.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

V23.4.1 has now been released to roll out v23.4 features without the bug.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-23-4-1-is-now-available/td-p/13009567

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hello everyone. The team is investigating this issue, and will ship a fix as soon as possible. 

At this time we recommend rolling back to Ps 23.3.2.

For help with this, see Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
87 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine again after I reverted PS to 23.3.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green Disabling GPU compositing and restarting Photoshop fixes the issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and found this terrible issue on 23.4 - hardware specs below.

Basically parts of my document glitch when I'm moving layers around. A lot of the document glitches when selecting a few pixels and rotating. Ive had DISPLAY issues before, but these are being incorporated back INTO my document. So i saved my file, restarted my computer and parts of my document layers were clearned (deleted) or moved! this release needs to be pulled to fix

macOS Monterey Version 12.4
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same just had a file corrupt and remove parts of an image and turn black and PS is trying to open PSD's in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

current set up
macOS Monterey
Version 12.4
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Serial Number [removed personal info]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 23.4. This has been logged as a bug & our product team is working on a fix.

You can try disabling the option for GPU compositing from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance, then Advanced settings under the Graphics Processor settings. Once done, relaunch Photoshop to check if that makes a difference.

Merging the thread with the on going conversation about this issue.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the answer written by Adobe staff above.

i've tried GPU composite off, and restrart photoshop, double-check(for make sure is really off)

but same issue =(

Lasotool seems to have an effect on something, and also in my case, even if I make an adjustment layer based on lasso selection or apply a filter (blur or sharpen), that color box is randomly created.

To avoid that color box, you must delete the layer itself. Even if you turn Photoshop off and off, if the file is already ruined, it can't be restored.
It's a very flustering bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a strange error with the latest update.

While editing a photo (frequency sepration method, in my case), the layer im using gaussian blur tool on corrupts after a few actions. Not sure if any other tools are causing this.

I recreated this consistantly with my own project files, as well as a downloaded stock image which is attached, along with the PSD.

Windows 10

16GB RAM

Nvidia 1080 GPU

Photoshop 23.4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at my attachments, the glitch "recalculates?" itself when resizing as seen in the PSD file. I had to make it smaller so I could meet the file size attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated to Photoshop 23.4 and since then I have been experiencing the following issue.

While working, some of the layers get a glitch:

TakaiTora_0-1655234218247.png

I close without saving, just in case, and when I open the file again, the affected layers got erased:

TakaiTora_1-1655234272350.png

Anyone have any idea or is having the same problem?

I work with the program, so I hope Adobe fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to go back to previous versions do the following: 
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select PS, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

While there, you may want to disable automatic updates. Then you decide when you want to update the version after giving a new build a few days/weeks (when not in the middle of an actual job!). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this problem. 

n my case, I don't know because I don't use freetrandsform often, but it also happens when I erase something using a patch tool, and when I apply Gaussian blur to a certain area with a lasso tool, a color box appears randomly like that..

Of course, before I wrote this, I saw the rollback notice. However, I wrote this to let you know because I don't think it's limited to Free Transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really lucky to preview this thread before I started working on it today.

Since I installed 23.4, I tested it with images that are okay to break, and color boxes appear.(just test lasso tool, hue layer)

I think Adobe is coping quickly because it is such a serious damaging error.

But...One concern is that the latest version cannot be used for work until it is stabilized.

Because not everyone is going to use the beta version, and it's already been officially released after the beta version of 23.4

Like the writer and others, to discover and report bugs that happen in "real work" eventually someone has to update and use a full release.

We know that Adobe goes through a lot of checks before releasing the full version, and we appreciate it, but this serious bug could potentially destroy our trust base for Adobe....

We're always grateful to the developers and once again to give them a new experience.

But I'd like to ask you one thing. "We're not beta testers"..... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a square shape from Hue/Saturation layer. weird bug.

my computer is 5800x ryzen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, only rolling back to 23.3 did not help. Today I also updated Capture One Pro to 15.3. Turns out this is causing the same issue!! When I turn off hardware acceleration in Capture One Pro, export to tiff. Open in Pshop. All is now fine......

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on layered files at some point one of the layers gets these color blocks. You are unable to undo, it only makes more blocks form in photo. All is lost in the retouching process with no chance to step back. After saving the PSD file and reopening it, the effected color block areas are solid black.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following layer data corruption also occurs in 23.3.2 as a similar problem, although it may be a different behavior.

Please take care of it while you are at it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/td-p/12164586 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

现在软件都不测试就发布了吗?

Is the software now released without testing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It undergoes testing.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug that eats away at my image. It's not uncomfortable, it's impossible use photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also Did you check this? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0-discussions/ph...

Perhaps the bug was the most aggressive in this version, and there was a bug that damaged the layer before.

@CoryShubert @nikunj.m @Andrew Sender @Pete.Green 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three times today this has happened to me as well, eating away my image, moving the canvas around can some times make it reappear, but after then saving and open, photoshop has DELETED that part of the image. I've lost hours of work. You should make this version of photoshop unavailable to the public immidiately!

This should in all honestly give every Photoshop user a free month of cloud subscription, because photoshop has been released with such a severe bug that people have lost actual work and you cannot even use the history of the image or anything, its gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop 23.4.1 and tested it quickly.
By default, it does not appear to be a bug in the selected area(lasso, marquee ..etc) + free transform where the bug was reproduced.

I'm not sure because I've never tried to paint a brush or reproduce a bug through another adjustment layer.

But it seems to be working right away. (However, GPU composite on the Performance GPU tab has disappeared. I don't know if it was meant to be.)

However, this urgent bug has been fixed, but the response speed, zoom speed, which was the biggest issue not too long ago, has slowed down (based on high-resolution images)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-liquify-zoom-slow-werid/idi-p/12...

This bug, the delay, appears to have been reproduced again.

And I've only tested the general selection tool, but I still need to verify it because a lot of people have reported bugs across different tools, different situations, (something like select and mask view) and the overall environment of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem today, as a solution, I deleted the PS permanently, nothing remained, then I reinstalled it. There is no problem for now. My computer M1 macbookEkran Resmi 2022-06-16 23.48.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate