• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: v23 crashes on the new Intel 12th gen CPU PC.

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fore refreence I upgraded my i7 6700K CPU to a new i7 12700KF which came out this month. Photoshop 2022 has been working perfect on the old CPU and only recently I got round to using Photoshop only to find it will not load images due to a crash bug on the new CPU system.

I can replicate this bug  so it is definitely a bug in the 2022 version of PS currently on the Creative Cloud. I can uninstall and reinstall and still get the same issue. This bug does not exist on Photoshop 2021 having done some testing with that too.

If I launch Photoshop 2022 and open any image, the app crashes with no error. Just closes itself.

If I go to Task Manager in Windows with Photoshop open and then manually assign affinity to only the P-Cores of the 12700K then I can load any image and work on them no problems at all. This confirms to me that Photoshop 2022 has an issue where it crashes when Intel thread Director and WIndows 11 assign Photoshop threads to the CPU and as some will be rsiding in the E-Cores, it seems to fall over there.

I am continuing to use Photoshop 2021 for now until this bug can be patched in 2022!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Please update Photoshop 23.0.2 version to resolve this problem and refer @Adam Jerugim response.  

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

v23.0.2 was just posted for download and contains a fix for this issue. If you're still seeing issues after updating, please let me know.

Also a reminder to remove the PSUserConfig.txt file you were using as a workaround.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
88 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got same problem. Photoshop 2021 works fine. I got new MB with i5 12600k procesor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I see I am not alone link to my topic . I am also on 12700k. Exactly same problem, tested with v22.0 and even cs6 and got no crashes. 

My specs: 

My specs:

motherboard: Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 (rev 1.0) with lastest BIOS

CPU: i7 12700k not OverClocked (everything sock)

RAM: 2x16GB DDR4

GPU: RTX 3080 Asus TUF OC V2 LHR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your thread has been merged with this one, so that there is only one place to share and gather informations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see things all under one place, hopefully this is sorted soonish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've identified the cause of the crashes and now have a fix in-hand. We're working to get that out to customers asap. Thanks again for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!!! Can't wait to get back to work and use the fantastic new tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v23.0.2 was just posted for download and contains a fix for this issue. If you're still seeing issues after updating, please let me know.

Also a reminder to remove the PSUserConfig.txt file you were using as a workaround.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried all the actions that use to cause the program to crash. So far it works flawlessly. Thank you for being so quick to address these issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried all the actions that use to cause the program to crash. So far
it works flawlessly. Thank you for being so quick to address these issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New release seems to be working for me too, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did quick test just now, so far so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update Photoshop 23.0.2 version to resolve this problem and refer @Adam Jerugim response.  

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys I've had no further crashes, so this looks like all fixed now in the latest update. Great news.

One thing I should add is that in Windows UserTemp folder I noticed a rather large near 14GB file which was dated around the last time Photoshop crashed so I imagine this is from a crash dump full file or something that didn't erase itself because PS had crashed before it could.

I deleted it manually and also explored the main Photoshop folders in Program Files and User AppData to make sure there were other temp files that remained taking up space.

I found a few other folders (see screenshot) where a few GBs worth of temp files remained from all the times PS had crashed for whatever reason since 2020. Worth a clean-up for those who like to keep space usage organised.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 093902.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate