• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: When save a tif or jpg as .png, the icc profile unclick

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finsh edit for a TIF files ,  I want to save  as a png files, the embeded icc profile unclicked !!

pngbugs.jpg

It doesn't like this at CC2020 & 2021....  any idea ??

Thanks...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest update,  this bugs still here, is that very difficult to fix???

CAP SCREEN, Save as JPG is no problem at all ,  Save as PNG sucks.

saveasbugs.jpgsaveasbugs2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 23.2. and I still can't save a PNG with sRGB colour profile, not sure if Iam doing anything wrongScreen Shot 2022-02-17 at 9.51.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad... but this is what happens.  Going from a PDS with sRGB.... when you go save as PNG you have to select the colours space again.... so its a step in the right direction... you should not have to do this... I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed? I do not think this word means what you think it means. The same issue of the ICC profile not being selected by default when saving as PNG persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU FIXED NOTHING.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. The fixed build was mis-marked on the engineering side. It was supposed to be marked for a different upcoming release. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 23.2.1, when doing a Save As Copy PNG, the Embed Color Profile checkbox is unchecked every time.

The checkbox is sticky for other formats like JPG and was also sticky in Photoshop 22.5.6.

macOS Catalina

Please fix... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that you fixed? Because it certainly wasn't the issue addressed here. If I Save As a PNG, I want the Embed Color Profile button checked by default just as it is when I save as a JPEG. It still isn't.Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 3.13.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bajesus Try checking the box and Saving. It is now sticky so will remain checked for future saves (it is here on Windows)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm Thanks for that. I was so ready to expect further disappointment on this ridiculously simple 4-month-old issue, that it never occured to me that the button may be sticky. All good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only fixed the issue for PNG/JPG file types.

When saving as TIF files the issue persists. 

Saved the file with the box checked, went to save again and its already unchecked. 

Restarted Photoshop, Saved a TIF file with the box checked. Restarted, and problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jake7732 I can't replicate that here. It remains checked for TIFF

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing a full system restart after updating seems to be the trick. When updating to 23.3 without a restart of the system it persists (even while closing and restarting photoshop specifically). Tested this on 3 different PC's. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that not working again. Worked for a few files then reverted back to being unchecked....I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to have found the root of the problem?

1. If I open a PNG file with a color profile set to sRGB and save as to a tif file, the box is auto-UNCHECKED. 
  2. If I open a PNG file with a color profile set to sRGB, and add an ALPHA channel,  and save as to a tif file, the box is auto-UNCHECKED. 
  3. If I open a PNG file with a color profile set to sRGB, and convert to profile (same sRGB profile) and save as to a tif file, the box is auto-UNCHECKED. 
  4. HOWEVER, If I open a PNG file with a color profile set to sRGB, Convert to Profile (Same sRGB profile), add an alpha channel,  and save as to a tif file, the box is auto-CHECKED correctly.

It seems the key being that I need to do a convert to profile everytime even though its the same exact profile and add an alpha channel. Quite strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The checkbox to embed in PNG is sticky for me too; no issues on MacOS, the latest release of PS.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate