• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Tutorials

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new iMac 24. Why does creative cloud want to download photoshop every time I want to try tutorials when I already have PS on my CC plan and on my computer already?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC.png

 when I click on "Open in Photoshop" instead of launching my app, it always downloads a photoshop installer .dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logged in on the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It logs me in.  I can download the asset image, but I can't seem to copy/use the saved image in my own PS app

The downloaded asset appears  in Ps Beta from photoshop.adobe.com. There is a header that states "photoshop is not yet supported in this browser..." (I use Safari 16.3) This is weird as Adobe doesnt support Apples Safari but ask me to use Chrome. Is this part of the problem? Also why do the downloaded images open in Ps Beta? Again, why cant I use my latest PS app 24.2.0? This is not what I would call a user friendly tutorial! It seems that I have to jump through hoops and spend hours just to try a technique. Surely I'm not the only one having these issues. Thank you for your assistance, I do appreciate it. If you have any suggestions, I'll reply later today as I have an appointment now. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brian strevens wrote:

There is a header that states "photoshop is not yet supported in this browser..." (I use Safari 16.3) This is weird as Adobe doesnt support Apples Safari but ask me to use Chrome. Is this part of the problem?

Try it in Chrome or Firefox and let us know if that solves your issue.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do the downloaded images open in Ps Beta? Again, why cant I use my latest PS app 24.2.0?

By @brian strevens

File associations are controlled by your OS, not by the tutorial. Open Finder > right-click any psd > Cmd+I > change all psds to open in Photoshop.

Details here:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/choose-an-app-to-open-a-file-on-mac-mh35597/mac

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sample files link is broken for many of the tutorials. Instead of downloading a sample .jpg to follow along with the tutorial video, we are getting the photoshop installer file. In my case it is a .exe file since I am using a PC. Some of the affected tutorials are:

Crop a photo

How to adjust photo lighting with Levels

How to adjust photo color with Hue/Saturation

How to sharpen a photo nondestructively

Alternatively, not all tutorials act in this way. The Correct an unwanted color cast tutorial works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bill28245184wvia tutorials do not download the files - they send an executable to open them directly in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill28245184wvia I just tested the first 2 links in your post and it does indeed download the installer, Photoshop was opened at the time.

2023-04-19 13_44_03-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ged_Traynor its not an installer - its an executable to open the file directly in Photoshop. What happens if you run that exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's exactly the same as the installer file downloaded from here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/get-started.html

image1.png

and this is from the Crop a Photo link

image2.png

It does open the file in Photoshop, but it's clearly misleading/confusing information on the landing page

2023-04-19 16_26_39-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming the link behavior @Ged_Traynor. Would this discrepancy between the behavior suggested by @kevin stohlmeyer and my experience be due to the fact that I don't have the most recent version of photoshop installed? If so, this is not quite as easy as simply updating my version of PS. I am a high school teacher and I use these tutorials as assignments for my students. Distributing the newest version of the creative cloud apps to all of the computers in my classroom takes some coordinating with my district IT department. Last quarter I requested one workstation have the latest Premiere Pro version installed, and it took over a month for IT to complete my request. In the meantime I am simply directing my students to do online searches to find images that are at least similar to the ones used in the tutorials. No other solution will likely come soon enough for my current group of students, but I just wanted to bring attention to this issue for future users of these tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill28245184wvia if you double click on the Photoshop_Set-Up file it should open the image in Photoshop, it does for me at least with Photoshop version 24.3, it should work for the version you have installed, not sure why Adobe decided on this method as it's surely confusing for people

2023-04-19 16_54_11-Downloads.png

2023-04-19 16_58_01-PHXS-24.3.0-en_US-c00b5c42-959c-4a7c-911d-497034d00e82.jpeg @ 39.6% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor the expected behavior is the exe is supposed to auto-execute and open the jpg in PS without any user interaction. I submitted this internally to the team for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the Photoshop_Set-Up.exe it opens my Creative Cloud Desktop app with a message that I do not have access to manage apps. Photoshop does not open. Neither will the image open when finding the tutorial directly through PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bill28245184wvia are you in a managed environment like a business account or enterprise deployment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, our district has an account that we can have up to 500 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That could be the snag in this formula. As an IT managed account, you are locked out from certain controls.

Contact your IT admin to see if they can allow you access to the Apps tab on your CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines