• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Not Filling Full Size Cursor Mac Sonoma

Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this MacBook Pro M2 Pro for a few weeks now, and mostly just getting used to the OS.  Now I have started to use Photoshop I'm finding some aspects a bit weird.  I eventually worked out how to change brush size and hardness — I mean what's the deal with having a Cmd, Opt _and_  Ctrl modifiers?

Anyway, I am stuck on the brush not filling the cursor. 

I have cursor set to Full Size in Preferences.

Everything is clear in Brush Settings.

Brush is fully hard.

I was going to try resetting Preferences, but it's the same with both release and beta versions.

This is a simulation of what I am seeing (done with my Windows system because screenshots appear to be a huge pain with Macs.

image.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thanks @Ged_Traynor  thanks @Jeff Arola 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good solution, as it makes the cursor size tiny on systems with large resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apples instruction on taking screenshots, however, if i need a specific cursor in the screenshot i use Preview

and File>Take Screenshot

Applications>Preview.app

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/take-a-screenshot-mh26782/mac

using Preview to capture a specific cursor

cursiz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am so used to using Greenshot on my Windows system where I can choose the relevant shortcut to grab an area, full screen, or all three screens, and then choose what to do with it with this menu 

image.png

If I need anotations, I open it in the editor where I have a bunch of options:

image.png

I originally tried starting this thread from the Mac using Shift Cmd 3, but was left wondering where the heck it had gone to, which turns out to be the desktop.  That left me thinking, now what am I going to do?  Shall I open it in Photoshop to add anotations?  And how long is that going to take?   So I gave up and moved to my Windows machine.

I thought I had installed Greenshot on the Mac, but now I come to think of it, while Greenshot is free for Windows, it costs a couple of dollars for the Mac version, and there was a problem with the payment screen, so I'll try again.  The thing is, I am too old and impatient to faff about, but the Mac will be my only option when traveling next month, so I probably get more comfortable with it.

Thanks again for the cursor fix.  That would have been a difficult one to track down without your very specific knowledge, and I had Googled before starting this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, Trevor. I just purchased a copy off the App Store. I hope you have a payment method set up in your Apple account by now, then all is needed is username/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple has a built-in screenshot editor, very similar to the Windows Snip and Sketch.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 2.21.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system settings IS NOT the correct answer. If we do as Adobe suggests, then you get stuck with interface elements that are the wrong size. This is a failure of Adobe to factor in display settings into their cursor size.

Adobe, it is 2024. The system size should be a factor, but not the sole factor, and a Photoshop user should not have to jump through hoops to have a cursor that appears accurately, while having a system interface that is usable at the size a person needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines