Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use my pen on my canvas

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey peeps

I've recently run into a problem where Photoshop won't work with my pen display. I can use the pen to maneuver the menus, but when i touch the canvas nothing shows up. My mouse paints lines just fine though, and i don't have this problem when working in other art programs. Such a weird occurance. Should i just try to reinstall Photoshop or something?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

I'm an absolute goof. All i had to do to resolve the problem in the end was update my Photoshop to the most recent version. Thanks for all the advice, the problem is solved. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a Wacom tablet, have you checked your settings in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an older Huion pen display. I've fiddled with the settings but can't find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you have tried.   June 22 I posted this message (lvartist):

Re: issues with Huion H610PRO - Adobe Support Community - 12129186

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really just restarted the programs and the computer. I'm not great at the technical stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay you do have the pen tool selected and a layer selected? (Just getting the basics out of the way here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have, and when i try with my mouse it works just fine, it's only the pen that doesn't register. I can click on the photoshop menus with the pen just fine too. It's only on the canvas itself the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same issue in a post from a few years ago - try this:

Had to uninstall the driver, switch off my main monitor and only use the graphics display when reinstalling the driver and made sure the scaling was set to 100%.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-not-painting-with-huion-kamvas-gt-156hd-v2-please... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working off a laptop so i can't really just shut my main monitor off. Just tried to re-install the driver for my pen display and that didn't solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an absolute goof. All i had to do to resolve the problem in the end was update my Photoshop to the most recent version. Thanks for all the advice, the problem is solved. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the issue too and can replicate it. If you have Preferences->Tools->Enable Flick Panning turned on and you are zoomed and and you flick you canvas around to move it it will lock the canvas after a random number if moves. Disabling the Flick panning seemed to resolve the issue. Seems like and Adobe bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines