• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2015 Error on PC: "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries" - how to repair?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded all of my apps to CC2015, but when trying to use the Libraries features I get the error (pictured below): "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries".

The tooltip over the Creative Cloud logo says "Failed to Initialize." While the "more information" link (Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Libraries) redirects to the generic Libraries Help.

How to repair? So far this is the case for Illustrator and Photoshop on my PC. (This is not a problem on my Mac.)

AdobeCCerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

This worked for me. With Photoshop or Illustrator running (If on a mac), go to your activity monitor and look for CCLibrary. Click the X to stop the the service, it will automatically restart and your library will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 113 Replies 113
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving the discussion to Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue.  So far rebooting and signing in and out have yet to work.  If I figure it out before you I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

You could reinstall using the full three step way (otherwise strange things may linger):

Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences), run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, Jacob, and it did not work.  Thanks for your suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it as well. It worked initially for Illustrator and not for Photoshop. Now the error is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the solution. Running the program (whether it's Illustrator or Photoshop) as administrator seems to work so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not doing anything for me... still says it can't initialize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the administrator and it' still happening. Darn it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter. "run as adminstrator" creates elevated user rights  .

Even if you are logged on as "administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue. It goes away and comes back. Goes away and comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue as well, although not been lucky enough for it to come back, just not been there since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichaelCluff,

Please go ahead and check for the host file and proxy settings on your computer.

If you find any entries related to *.adobe.com, please rename the host file and restart the computer.

If you find any proxy enabled, please go ahead and disable it.

Follow the below link for more information.

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- there were no entries in my host file or proxy, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Happened in all Adobe CC 2015 apps.

I tried root user with no proxy set, and unfortunately this problem still exists.

jE5Qxot.png

In former versions of CC apps, a "retry" button appears when libraries fails to initialise. It works well, however in CC 2015, that "retry" button disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ynyounuo,

Please go ahead and check for the host file on your computer.

If you find any entries related to *.adobe.com, please rename the host file and restart the computer.

Follow the below link for more information.

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find any entries related to *.adobe.com in my hosts file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other CC 2015 application on the same machine. e.g. Photoshop CC 2015? is the issue there as well. Just wanted to make sure if we are talking about an Illustrator issue or a Creative Cloud application issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the CC apps running on my Mac. All those apps with libraries windows showed "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries".

Even when I tried root user with no proxy set and with no entries related to *.adobe.com in the hosts file. There used to be an "retry" button on the libraries window, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the full suite. This is definitely happening in Photoshop as well. (Which is why I started the thread in Creative Cloud, not Illustrator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Photoshop General Discussion‌ for further investigation.

Michael Cluff wrote:

Yes, I have the full suite. This is definitely happening in Photoshop as well. (Which is why I started the thread in Creative Cloud, not Illustrator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is interesting. The MOMENT I went from Trial to Paid, it started working. I did have to end the process once, but this NEVER worked before then. Maybe this is something forum Mods and Tech Support (Which I still have an open ticket for, a month later) should know of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse, Illustrator, Photoshop libraries failed for me...for about 3 weeks now.

My imac was terribly slow for about a week...could barely even open a folder.

Searched and found Activity Monitor search for "cloudd" yes two d's at the end. Quit that (it pops right back up on screen after you quit no matter what) and everything runs smooth again...my libraries also booted right up...YAY! Lets hope it sticks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what happened but mine started working again today (Win 8.1 Pro). Nothing done to the suite, just out of the blue started working across all apps. Not much help I know, but may give some hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, i tried everything :

- hosts

- deconnect CC

- restart mac

- New admin session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines