• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2015 Error on PC: "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries" - how to repair?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded all of my apps to CC2015, but when trying to use the Libraries features I get the error (pictured below): "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries".

The tooltip over the Creative Cloud logo says "Failed to Initialize." While the "more information" link (Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Libraries) redirects to the generic Libraries Help.

How to repair? So far this is the case for Illustrator and Photoshop on my PC. (This is not a problem on my Mac.)

AdobeCCerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

This worked for me. With Photoshop or Illustrator running (If on a mac), go to your activity monitor and look for CCLibrary. Click the X to stop the the service, it will automatically restart and your library will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot. much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are usually able to help at the user level, but there are more than a few that have to be fielded by tech support.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this not work for you?

'Task Manager' and killed the process 'CC Libraries.'  Immediately after killing the process the library initialized and is now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what to do if you are on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it work. I closed all the adobe CC applications. I went in to the Task Manager of my PC (Windows 7) and under processes I ended the CCLibrary.exe *32 process. I restarted the applications and the libraries appeared again and everything seemed to work fine. You may also want to end all the Adobe CC processes as well just in case even though the applications are closed, they may still be running in the background but I didn't have to do this.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry you're having issues with this service, if the problem has not been resolved I've attached a link below for using a log collector tool below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

If you run this tool and and send us the resulting zip file it will help us diagnose the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening with me and I seem to have lost critical assets that I use every day. So damn mad! I have deadlines! I haven't read everyones comments but sincerely hoping that someone has a solution. I've synced all my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on Killing CCLibrary.exe *32 Window 7 64bit. Fixed my libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem with the library panel but in every app not just in Photoshop I tryed everything that I was reading but nothing worked... Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I had this problem too and tried everything suggested and nothing worked.  The solution i found was to close the adobe programs, disable my antivirus software, and restart the applications and the library came right on.  Unfortunately, as soon as i activate my antivirus again and restart the application, the libraries won't open.  Hopefully someone has a solution for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go into your antivirus settings and allow adobe services to communicate with its servers.

One of your firewall settings is blocking the service that links with the cloud services.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried killing the CCLibrary process and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Need some suggestions. Also checked host file. This is also the case in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are missing your libraries

Can you go into your ACC profile on the web and check under library to see if your libraies are even present?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my programs have been able to access since install yesterday. I went to the web, no libraries, so just for fun, I created one. Still no connection via apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked.

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues for me - Color Themes okay but Creative Cloud Library not working, altho it has intermittently. Shame because in theory it's a brilliant idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Anyone, Bueller? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be mostly a windows problem than adobe problem. So the fix for killing the "CCLibrary.exe" process seems to work pretty fine in Win7 at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac. Newest OS version. None of those things fixed it. Happening in all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting CCLibrary - CPU tab in Activity Monitor restores the Libraries panel info in Illustrator CC 2015on PowerMac running OS X Yosemite (10.10.4) Not sure for how long tho... Hope this helps others. Adobe can you please fix this bug ASAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem just now (on Mac). But the hosts file was ok — it didn't contain any "adobe" lines in it.

What I did is added 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com to hosts file, then rebooted computer. After reboot I deleted this line from hosts and rebooted again. And after that opened Photoshop and noticed that everything is ok now.

From the point of view of common sense it has no sense. But it helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Win7 Pro. Updated Indesign to 2015. Got the 'something wrong' library thing going. Tried closing libraries in task manager. Signed out of Adobe and re-signed in. All other apps (PS, AI, DW) are older versions.

WAIT: Ok so I killed CClibraries while running Indesign and that seems to have reset it...

Do I even need the CC libraries panel to work in order to use any CC2015 apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines