• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing a straight line on ps iPad

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022, how is it not possible to have a feature that allows you to draw a straight line on Photoshop? The free sketchbook app has one

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WarFX wrote:

...how is it not possible to have a feature that allows you to draw a straight line on Photoshop?

Photoshop for iPad does not have the ability to draw a straight line yet. You can make a feature request to the developers by starting a new post and tagging it "Idea" and "iPadOS".

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to make a long rectangular marquee selection and fill it in with color: You can adjust the thickness as needed.

ADOBE-STRAIGHT-LINE-1.jpgADOBE-STRAIGHT-LINE-2.jpgADOBE-STRAIGHT-LINE-3.jpgADOBE-STRAIGHT-LINE-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually did an easier workaround and just did it in illustrator and copied the lines into Photoshop on desktop.

There are more ways to work around it, but it's just cumbersome if you just want to draw on your tablet. I've seen this topic floating around since 2020, and there's still not a solution to this essential function to drawing on the tablet. I just find that disappointing from a service that cashes payment from me monthly and falls behind free apps in basic functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this still not possible in 2024? Please I hope I have missed something.  Everytime I try use photoshop on the ipad I leave the app disappointed. I find I still can't do basic operations and close it in under 10 minutes. And yet Adobe focuses on features like generative expand. Completely bizarre. No paths, no shapes, guides...

Votes

Translate

Translate