• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unable to Rasterize EPS Upon opening in Photoshop 22.4.3

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop, my EPS files are automatically opened up before I can resize them. It was working fine before then. I'm on a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Other computer specs:

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

RAM: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Is this a bug in the new update or am I doing something improperly with the latest update?

{Moderator note: PS-70057}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to annouce the release for Photoshop 22.5 release which includes the fix for this issue. Please update Photoshop and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David McCarty wrote:

So no workaround other than going backwards on the software? Have to figure out how to do that now. 

Hi @David McCarty (and @Kebble , @chris.sabato , @FarhaanaBeato , @Luke5E28 )

If you decide to roll back you can do so in the CC app. 

Otherwise, another workaround is this:
Windows: use File>Open As Generic EPS
Mac: highlight the EPS file in the Photoshop open dialog and select Generic EPS from the Format dropdown menu."

Please report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There shouldn't even be "multiple threads" on this topic... no excuse for this.

What is going on with Adobe lately? Are you trying to lose customers? There is absolutely NO WAY something like this happens if you're actually testing your pointless updates before pushing them on people. Sorry, not pointless... you obviously need busy work to justify your employment - it's just a shame you people insist on breaking more things instead of improving them. There isn't a single Adobe product that I use that hasn't turned to garbage in the last year. Even Distiller suddenly decides making PDFs is too difficult... whatever interal changes happened in the last few years needs to be reversed, you're seriously [inappropriate language removed by moderator] right now. If you aren't careful, enough of us might just lose our AFFINITY for Adobe and look elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge headache. I do lots of branding work. All logos and other graphic assets start as vectors and I then use scripts to automate the creation of raster files at different resolutions.

It's good to know the workaround (File > Open > Generic EPS) but it involves a workflow that's impossibly slow for creating dozens of raster files. I've reverted to 22.4.2 whilst the bug is being fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. When 22.4.3 was released a couple of days ago, I'd hoped that this had been resolved, but apparently not. I just had to manually do this for 23 Illustrator EPS files that a colleague needed, and took three times as long as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a quick remedy for removing the white box, when importing AI or EPS files into Photoshop. After opening the file or logo in Illustrator, Select all and drag the selection directly into your photoshop document, I have my preference set to place as Smart Object.  Double clicking the placed Smart Object will open the file in Illustrator, for edditting.  Not exactly time saving, but doable. Hope this helps. Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had exactly the same thing happen (appeantly it's a bug) Anyway, we opened the original files in Affinity (that's okay if you have it - we have it as a back-up) they opened fine and then we saved/exported them from that program and opened them up in photoshop fine. Wierd, but true 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, was this fixed for v22.5 that is now available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and tested. Has been resolved in new 22.5 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally it works again with 22.5 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to annouce the release for Photoshop 22.5 release which includes the fix for this issue. Please update Photoshop and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone -- got an issue when trying to open up EPS files. The "Rasterize EPS Format" pop-up window is no longer popping-up when I select an EPS file to open. EPS files are now opening up at a tiny size and super pixelated. Anyone know how to get it to appear onscreen again? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
This has been reported in several threads. See:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop-index-layer/m-p...

Rolling back to a previous version using the CC app works for now.

Another workaround is this:

• On Windows use File>Open As Generic EPS
  • on Mac highlight the eps file in the photoshop open dialog and select Generic EPS from the Format dropdown menu."

Please report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.5.1 which includes the fix for this issue. Check the list of other fixed issues here

To update Photoshop to 22.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Please feel free to share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines