• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change the Default Save As to Tiff

Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, every time I do a Save As... it now defaults to a dialogue box that wants to save to the cloud and as a PSD file. I prefer to always save to my computer as a Tiff file. Is there a way to make that the default? I looked through the preferences, but didn't see any option for that.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

I hated that dialog! Go to "File Handling" preferences and change "Default File Location" to "On Your Computer."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That must be happening because the file you have open was already saved to the "cloud"

See if creating a new document and doing a save as makes any difference.

By @Jeff Arola

Nope. Haven't saved any to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps simple action can do the trick? You can assing keyboard shortcut to play action.

action save as tiff.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps simple action can do the trick? You can assing keyboard shortcut to play action.

action save as tiff.jpg

By @Bojan Živković

Good idea. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the only problem with that is with the action it doesn't ask me where I want to save the file. It just saves it to the location in the action every time. I suppose I could save everything to the same location and move them after they're saved, but that seems like more effort than just hitting "Save on computer" and then having to choose TIFF every time I go to save. Is there a way to have it ask you where you want to save the file when using an action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on modal control, click on square after Done icon. Do you see that square icon on the left side just before Nike sign next to Save step? Click there and action will always pause and wait for you to choose location to save.

modal control for save step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about that. Perfect, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last suggestion is to reset the photoshop preferences that may have been corrupted during the last update and see if that

makes a difference.

In photoshop go to Edit>Prerences>General, click Rest Preferences on Quit and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave that a shot, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't help me when I tried it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines