• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How turn on recent file display?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with the PS startup screen. I don't see thumbnails of recently edited files. I reseted PS settings, reinstalled PS and unfortunately can't turn on preview.

Anyone have any idea?

Ryczard_0-1616711699168.png

Ryczard_1-1616711723030.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Yes, the files appear under recent files (File > Open Recent). I reset and even deleted manually. The system is Windows 10. But ... it turned out the problem is in version 22.3 as I went back to 22.2 everything is ok. Thumbnails are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see files if you use File > Open Recent ?

You say you reset settings.  Does that mean that you reset Preferences?  If yes, I'm so far at a loss as to what the problem might be.

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the files appear under recent files (File > Open Recent). I reset and even deleted manually. The system is Windows 10. But ... it turned out the problem is in version 22.3 as I went back to 22.2 everything is ok. Thumbnails are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Recent Files" setting is at the bottom of "File Handling" in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer there in Illustrator and Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only speak for the MacOS editions, but here's it is in Preferences for Illustrator 2023

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.39.03 PM.png

And Photoshop 2023

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.43.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Gene.  100 files?  Do you display them as list or grid, and how do you sort them?  After seeing your screen shot I have now realised there is a search field, which would make that many files managable.  So I started off thinking your were stark raving, and now I am going to follow your lead.  It's a funny old world.image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use it as a list. I needed to go beyond the default 20 if I wanted to recall something I did earlier. Strange thing about the Recents setting. I noticed if I went to 100, the last 100 documents were already there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange thing about the Recents setting. I noticed if I went to 100, the last 100 documents were already there.

By @gener7

Hah!  That worked for me as well Gene.  I wish the Beta version had that information along with custom workspaces, toolbars shortcuts etc.  Have you got a magic trick for that as well? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines