• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixer brush not properly working when performing quick taps/drags

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've been using the mixer brush for skin retouchig for the past ~7 years.

After updating photoshop to the latest version, seems like there's something wrong with this tool.

When you are performing very quick drags (clicking an area and then draging it to another area) nothing happens at all. To make the tool work you need to click, hold and drag for a longer period of time, otherwise it just won't work.

I tested it on different computers (windows OS) running the latest PS verion. Same issue happens on both.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

just an afterthought - is Smoothing on and Pull String Mode enabled?  That would be one possible cause of what you're seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Wacom device? Something similar? Or mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J453 

I use wacom intuos pro on my laptop, however, I also tested it on my studio's desktop which only has a mouse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @haaidan Could you help us reproduce this problem?  Does it happen with all mixer brushes or one in particular?  Do you know if you are using PSUserConfig.txt in your Photoshop preferences folder on disk?  If you are, what is in that file?  Would it be possible for you to create and share a video exhibiting the problem with the full app window in view so we can see what some of your brush settings are and what your layer structure looks like?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an afterthought - is Smoothing on and Pull String Mode enabled?  That would be one possible cause of what you're seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great ! always look into the options!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chad.rolfs 

Turns out the smoothing option was enablet and set to 100%. It's weird because I never used this option before for this specific tool. Disabling it did the trick.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. I was with the same problem and your comment saved me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines