• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.3.1 freezes when using the Crop Tool

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not crop an image in PS 2021. Whole program freezes.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-64819}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. If it helps, you can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, please try resetting the preferences as suggested. Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a laugh at us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versuche das schon seit 14 Tagen aber das Team vom PS rührt sich nicht.............

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm going back to 22.3 and hoping it will be OK again. Got really annoyed today having to kill Photoshop in Task Manager 4 times to shut it down after it froze 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. If it helps, you can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the exact same problem is happening to me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem and tips supplied by PS do not work for me I do'nt have option  for graphices card 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to return to 22.3 but system won’t let me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem where it hangs any time I use the crop tool and had to revert back to version 22.3 as well. My graphics card setting is greyed out so I can't change the setting anyway. Reseting presets and preferences didn't have any effect either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a setting in PS that works better. You can use the former crop tool - see attached screenshot. This works better than the original not working tool. I will use this setting until Adobe releases a new update. Sorry that the screenshot is only in German language.

Regards,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screenshot is better. You can find this setting under "Preferences".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started happening to me also.

As a company we pay huge amunts of money for Adobe software and for this to happen - not being able to use the basic crop tool, which has started after updating yesterday - is unforgivable of Adobe. There should be an immediate fix for this released. I'm strugging to get this sorted. I'll be in contact with our rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now downgraded to earlier version via Adobe Crative Cloud. Nvidia not updating to fix Photoshop.

Adobe need to fix this pronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem (Windows 10). Checking "use graphics processor" didn't work. Re-installed previous version. Hard to believe such a common tool wasn't checked before release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Mohit Goyal | Adobe Employee

Hi there,I find the information given by you to fix the crop problem pretty useless as I have tried everything and nothing works just fix the problem or remove the latest,useless upgrade,why should we as your customer fix your problem ? at present I'm using the 2020 version to crop my images which has no problems but that is no solution.

How long will it take to fix this problem ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to 22.3 to totally solved the graphic card problem. Don't waste your time solving the issue. It will not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any indication they intend to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your replies and help. Going back to the previous version helped (solution "use graphics processor" did not). I will stick with version 22.3 until the next update, hopefully Adobe will fix it by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked for me... but i found solution on you tube. One of the file needs to be moved out of ps file folder and everything is working 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to share this with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click on photoshop, find file called 'sniffer' and move it out to different file. it should solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I've got a pretty huge problem for a couple of days now. I cannot trim any picture - already opening the crop tool makes photoshop freeze immediatly. I haven't found any other malfunctions, but this one drives me crazy! It definetly worked 5 days ago, and the newest Photoshop update was automatically done 3 days ago. I guess it's since then it is not working. Anybody else having the same issue?

I use Photoshop CC, version 22.3.1, Windows 10.

An error like this has never occured before, I also did not install any new program for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to use the crop tool. Please go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance & ensure that the option to Use Graphics Processor is enabled. If it is not, please enable it & then relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the option to Use Graphics Processor is greyed out, please check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for weeks now and waiting to be fixed but so far nothing very frustrating using the same system as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go back to v. 22.3.  It will fix the problem.  Then wait for an update...but NOT 22.3.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines