• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.3.1 freezes when using the Crop Tool

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not crop an image in PS 2021. Whole program freezes.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-64819}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with crashing when cropping.

I could only fix this by downgrading to 22.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the only solution..............

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a solution, it's a temporary fix. A solution would be a reworked
update. That doesn't appear to be coming from Adobe any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have problems with our photoshop. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but the problem persists.
When we select the croptools it freeze and we have to close the program. What do we have to do to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the crop tool. Please check if the option to Use Graphics Processor is enabled in the preferences of Photoshop by going to Preferences, then the Performance tab.

If the option is not enabled (and not greyed out), try enabling the option to check if that helps.

If the option is greyed out, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT DOESN'T WORK!  FIX THE SOFTWARE!  YOU KNOW, LIKE V.22.3.1 !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY...22.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody ever going to tell us what's going on with this? Ever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe's mind there is no problem. It's an issue with some video cards
and they have already told you that it's your problem not theirs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange thing happen this morning when turning on PS 22.3.1 after 2 weeks with faulty crop tool all worked perfect again without changing anything but for how long will it last ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say it only lasted for the 1st image and then the crop toll froze up the whole system again this is a disaster PS !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go back to version 22.3 until they do a software fix.  Update version 22.3.1 is the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After install the latest update on 2020-04-22, open an image, click the Crop Tool, the program will go to a dead loop no matter the image is a jpeg or a raw. What you have to do it to go to Window's Task Manager, flush the PS CC.Please apply a fix soonest, thanks.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the crop tool. Please check if the option to Use Graphics Processor is enabled in the preferences of Photoshop by going to Preferences, then the Performance tab.

If the option is not enabled (and not greyed out), try enabling the option to check if that helps.

If the option is greyed out, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cannot tick use graphic setting 😞 itss all grey :(O any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, reverting to 22.2 fixes the problem. Shame on you Adobe for not fully testing the latest release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Reverted to old version. New version (22.3.1) didn't work at all for cropping and froze my computer. I tried the graphics card solution but no change in the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you go back to old version 2.3.0 ?? at present I work with the old 2020 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PS 22.3.1.  I use PhotoShop since V3.0 and had never any problems - until the latest update.

I use the crop tool very often that´s why I ask you to solve the problem immediately and provide us with a new update without errors! It is not a problem of my soft- or hardware as all older versions were working without any problems.

Thanks,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t know why PS admin is not responding to this problem never had a problem with PS till now is a pain in the neck using the old 2020 version but paying for the latest version they should remove the latest version 22.3.1 and reset it to 22.3.
Have tried to reset it to 22.3 but system does not respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been at least 14 days for me. I’d feel better about the issue if Adobe
recognized the problem and started working on it.

Bb Canavan
--
Sent from My stupid phone,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have a similar problem with crop tool and adding text. when I try using either of these Photoshop stops working and freezes up. I have tried going to Graphics Processor but that is Greyed out and is unresponsive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, seit der Installation der Photoshop Version 22.3.1 funktioniert das Zuschneidewerkzeug nicht mehr und beim Versuch dieses zu benutzen hängt sich das Programm auf. Kann dann nur noch mit dem Task-Manager geschlossen werden.

Bitte um umgehende Lösung!!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines