• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Update 24 Feb 2023: Rulers not visible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update the rulers and guides are not visible and will not turn on with the crtl R. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

[Title edited for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 180 Replies 180
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@luanvanle1 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I checked "Deactivate native canvas" & restared photoshop & the problem persists. I'm using Windows 10 on a dell 5810 workstation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fredorigin try going to View>Show Grid and see if the rulers appear. That has been noted to work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop not displaying Rulers after update. Running version 24.2.1 on Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2728.

Troubleshooting Done:

• Updated Photoshop
  • Updated OS
  • Rebooted machine
  • Uninstalled & reinstalled photoshop
  • Rebooted machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VisionIntoDestiny.com 

Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labeled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labeled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop 

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop version: 24.2.1 20230309.r.358 acd831a x64
Version: 10 10.0.19045.2673
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family: 6, Model: 14, Class: 3 Using MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, Hyper-Threading

Description of the problem: Open PS, create a new file, click View - Ruler, the horizontal and vertical rulers cannot be displayed normally, but you can drag out the reference line, the problem of uninstalling and reinstalling the software still exists, how to solve it?

Adobe Photoshop 版本: 24.2.1 20230309.r.358 acd831a x64
操作系统:Windows 10 64 位
版本: 10 10.0.19045.2673
系统结构: Intel CPU 系列: 6,型号: 14,分级: 3 使用 MMX、SSE Integer、SSE FP、SSE2、SSE3、SSE4.1、SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2,超线程
问题描述:打开PS,新建文件,点击 视图 - 标尺,横纵标尺无法正常显示,但是可以拖出参考线,软件卸载重装问题依然存在,请问如何解决?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kenny28863341kynm 

This is a known issue and the engineers are working on a fix.

Try this:

• Preferences >  Technology previews > enable "Deactivate native canvas"
  • Also enable "Use older node of GPU 2016"
  • Relaunch Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit der Version 24.2. macht das Bild nach Strg+R nur einen kleinen Sprung, aber das Lineal bleibt weg. Wann ist mit der Fehlerbehebung zu rechnen? Gibt es eine vorübergehende Lösung? Vielen Dank für gute Tipps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen vielen Dank. Es hat super funktioniert!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you skip the gpu 2016 node step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rena286788126v4q 

Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labeled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labeled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem! kglad's suggestion worked for me, now I have rulers again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AtrocitySale 

glad to hear it!  (but it's a solution that another user received from adobe support and kindly shared.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks to all! It was driving me crazy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I can no longer access the ruler on my photoshop documents after I updated to the new 24.2 version this afternoon. I have use the hot key ctrl+R  to attempt to toggle it on and off and nothing happens. It does not work if I go to view > ruler either. Is this happening to anyone else? 

Also I have noticed the new version 24.2 is incredibly after I updated it this afternoon. Is this also a bug with the update?

Any help would be apprecited!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Emily27128662ykve 

This is a known issue and the engineers are working on a fix.

Some have reported this works in the interim:

• Relaunch Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled it an reinstalled it and restarted the computer and it seems to show the rulers now but it still doesnt explain the slow down of the program since this morning when I was using it (I also have close all other programs so photoshop is the only thing running and it is still incredible slow.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  It worked.  Is anything in PS intuitive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Con l'aggiornamento Photoshop 2023 non si visualizzano i righelli. Anche andando su visualizza righelli non appaiono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Golliot-Villers did you try the accepted answer on this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Golliot-Villers wrote:

I have the exact same problem.

Can you tell us if the same solution also works for you?

• Relaunch Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines