• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ps Splash Screen - Why am I getting Rings of Power ad?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is revolting; I pay monthly for Photoshop, and now I'm forced to see an ad for the Amazon Rings of Power series every time I open it?

This is a disservice to the consumer; what is the next step? having to see a 30-second ad in order to save a file?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Partnership, ad, cross-promotional opportunity… call it what you like. Adobe is giving a nod to several artists from various walks of life who created assets for Amazon Prime's LotR TV series. Who commissioned who is not immediately clear, but it seems rather innocuous to me. On the other hand, as the show claims, “Nothing is evil in the beginning…”

Here is a way to disable the splash screen from the shortcut icon. Another option is to click open and shut your eyes for a count of about 15 seco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I love the splash page art (usually) for the different Adobe products. It's a unique way to share art by different creators...but Adobe, you are treading a fine line between showcasing art and advertising another product every time we open your software. 

Currently, Amazon has their Lord of The Rings show going on...and there is art "inspired" by Lord of The Rings on some of your splash pages. I find this suspicious and concerning. This blurs the line between showcasing art for the sake of the artist and for the sake of advertising a multi-million dollar show broadcasted on a seperate service (Amazon). 

Yes, Adobe products are used in making of this show! (I'm a commercial animator...and use Adobe for a ton of client work, just like the rest of the world). But will we see Coca-Cola or Nike "art" before opening Photoshop everytime? Will there be discount codes that have been "designed" in Illustrator that we can conveniently use? 

When does showcasing art becoming another way to advertise to users that already pay for your product? As usual, brands will test the waters - no complaints with an image of an elf from Lord of the Rings...but how far will the limits be pushed until we see more art disguised as advertising? 

I much prefer art that isn't connected to advertising motive for something we already pay for.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 23.5.0 of PS is there any support way to eliminate the angry blonde on the splash screen? She's well done but I'm tired of seeing her glare at me everytime I startup PS (Surely I can't be alone!).

Nothing inviting, joyful or playful about her. I'm starting to hold my hand over her image until PS finishes loading....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO every new version opening screen is worse than previous. The last one with strange pink person is the uggliest. Besides, where have big electric cat gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a thread from the InDesign Community  where an Adobe Employee said that the artwork is chosen by the Branding team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines