• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ps Splash Screen - Why am I getting Rings of Power ad?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is revolting; I pay monthly for Photoshop, and now I'm forced to see an ad for the Amazon Rings of Power series every time I open it?

This is a disservice to the consumer; what is the next step? having to see a 30-second ad in order to save a file?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Partnership, ad, cross-promotional opportunity… call it what you like. Adobe is giving a nod to several artists from various walks of life who created assets for Amazon Prime's LotR TV series. Who commissioned who is not immediately clear, but it seems rather innocuous to me. On the other hand, as the show claims, “Nothing is evil in the beginning…”

Here is a way to disable the splash screen from the shortcut icon. Another option is to click open and shut your eyes for a count of about 15 seco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look forward to all the "certainly not an advertisement" splash screens for Raid Shadow Legends and Nord VPN.

Surely they have 'fan art' communities as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of working efficience: I start most of the programs only once at the first need or after a restart.

As a matter of support for artists: I appreciate Adobe to source images from Behance. And I love looking at those (I especially loved the mermaid).

As a natter of fact: the splash screen is shown during the time Adobe programs start, not for a fixed amount of time. If you do not like the image, wait for the next update, and the splash screen changes again.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that a number of Adobe Community Professionals are piling up on users concerned about this matter and that direct intervention from Adobe is probably needed here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Sorry. I think it's great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what all this silly fuss is about? 

Artwok.jpg

It's a piece of artwork, created in Photoshop. Nothing new ranters:

https://www.versionmuseum.com/history-of/adobe-photoshop

Get a grip! This CWOBaT (colossal waste of bandwidth and time).

It's on screen for like 8 seconds. 

"Whine and complain about everything in your life. Loudly. At every given opportunity. This will assure that you never get anything better, because we tend to get what we focus on."- Jack Killian

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a way to remove or disable the pop-up advertisements every time I start Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign. I'm seeing blatant popup ads for Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power on Amazon Prime every single time I boot one of these Adobe Products. I would like to know how to disable this advertisement on a product I pay minimum $30 a month for. Any help is appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an advertisement. That is the startup screen for the product showcasing users artwork as the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thank you for your answer. I think it is an advertisement, though – it says "inspired by THe Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" which is a TV show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an ad. It was paid for by Amazon with the intent of promoting a product. Technically it is product placement. But it's 100% advertising. It cost Amazon a lot of money to license so if it isn't "advertising" The Rings Of Power I'm sure Amazon would like to hear about it. It's unnecessary and I'd rather see curated user content or even Adobe in house dev content over an ad. Which s what this is.

Sponge Bob is next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you know this how? You've seen a contract? Or are you just guessing?

More importantly, who cares? Its artwork, not an ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most definitely an advertisement. Otherwise it wouldn't be used across their suite of tools with different artwork for each. It's another way for Adobe to profit off it's customers. However, like Facebook, if they're going to make money off of our eyeballs, they should provide the service for free. It won't be long until we see Pepsi artwork, or whatever summer blockbuster movie is coming out, etc. It's extremely annoying and disrespectful on Adobe's part. Though I don't expect my opinion, or the opinion of those who agree with me, to matter all that much against $$$. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jasoncryer,

Those are not pop up ads. They are the loading screens for each product. The artwork will change periodically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an ad. Adobe was paid for them. They promote a product. It's an ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunter,

Not arguing the artwork is promoted and an ad, just noting that it's not a pop up ad. Regardless of what art is displayed, the loading splash screen is there by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hunter_PackHealth wrote:

It's an ad. Adobe was paid for them. They promote a product. It's an ad.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jasoncryer There are ways to disable the splash screen with a text string to the shortcut icon. See this thread for suggestions and links: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-ps-splash-screen-why-am-i-getting-r.... Please note, your post may be merged into that one as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I learned something new! Thanks Jain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like that works for opening the app via the shortcut, but not when opening it by double clicking a PSD file (or other image, etc.)... any chance you know of a way to cover that base as well? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MyWebMaestro Through the shortcut is the only way I know. You can run the beta version of Photoshop if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate getting halfway free. 🙂  I strongly hesitate to run the beta though, with my luck I'd be a bug magnet and it would get in the way of my workflow too frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, no worries, I hear you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick google search for each of the artists and you'll discover on their websites/Behance pages they all clearly state that the artworks work commisoned by Adobe to promote the Prime Video series so they are clearly advertising to some extent.

Personally I don't have a problem with it, I can't say I even noticed until I saw this thread, but I guess it's only a slippery slope till we start seeing ads creeping in to other areas of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it advertising if people have no idea what the artwork is from or for? Not being an Amazon customer, I would have never guessed and don't care. Its artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here I thought the answer was to go to Stonehenge, paint your face blue, and throw some dandelions up in the air,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to open this post because I haven't found any proper solution for this issue. In short, I use both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for my work, and for time now I'm getting these ads related to the Rings of Power series of Amazon. As costumer of Adobe I will make this question simple: I don't want to see it in the product I pay to use, how do I remove it?

I tried the -NoSplash method but it didn't seem to work, I still get both ads in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Please fellow forum users, I would ask you all to stick to my topic question, "How I disable or Remove that Ad" and nothing else.

I would appreacite any help archieving this beside canceling my adobe subscription and use an ''alternative'' version of it intead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines