• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS uninstalled itself — plus presets lost

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When woke my imac this morning (OS 12.6.5) I found Photoshop uninstalled. I'm the only user and my bill is all paid up. My other Adobe software remains intact. It just wasn't there!

I went to the CC home page and it said my other apps were up to date and that I could install PS, as though I never had before. So I did, no problem installing.

HOWEVER, 20 years worth of presets, brushes, macros and actions are all gone. That was a LOT of usability/productivity to have taken away without warning. Is there an easy retreival?

What gives?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Hi everyone. Wanted to let you know the team is working on this and will update when there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Neelamk ,

I've followed your instructions to the t and uninstalled everything and started from 0. I still can find more than one version of PS, and when clicking on the 2023 version ( is that the 24.1.1 release?) I get the old version, 2022, open. When I want to open and PDF in the PS it opens the window where you cannot see the icon of PS and multiple versions of the PS but not 2023, and in the end, I cannot open the pdf files even after trying to open them through the only version of PS that I can find running on my pc. And again you cant see the PS icon but i generic windows icon.I have attached a few screenshots perhaps they can explain better than my words. And i still cannot recover any of my presets.

Thank you for your patience and assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows Start menu.  Installed apps are listed alphabetically.

Right-click on Adobe Photoshop 2023 icon. 

Select More > Run as Administrator.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nancy OShea ,

Yup, I found it, that seems not to be a problem now but it opens the 2022 version each time and I still cannot recover my presets. Since this problem started I've made new presets from zero and what happens now is that each time i open PS i cannot find them ( anywhere) and I need to recreate them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marijac25205617 

contact adobe support via chat so they can check your computer. there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. As per the suggestion of @kglad I have written to adobe support and we have resolved the problem within 20 min. They copypasted all of my presets from previous versions and transferred them to the 2023 version. The question regarding the generic PC icon of PS is probably a problem with my Operating System, which is another problem.
Thank you @everyone for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this just happened today for me ...all my presets brushes all wiped and then updated to a new version 

literally in the middle of my work [cursing removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Creative Cloud Services to Photoshop Bugs.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dexterville,

Sorry for your frustration.  Depending on your Advanced settings, this can happen. 

I recommend disabling auto updates from your Creative Cloud Desktop. Click on Avatar > Preferences.  

Click on Apps.  See screenshots.

image.png

Advanced Settings:

image.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
since today (until friday everything was ok) i found that my libraries are completely empty on all Apps and also inside the CC Desktop app and also here https://assets.adobe.com/libraries there's nothing of nothing. Of course i didn't delete anything. Where are all my assets ended up? With this "disappearing" i lost hours of working i've done in preparing and archiving assets that i use on daily routine.

Any help is more than wlecome
thanks
Cris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CrisTDesign when you go to your CC Desktop app - click the cloud icon. Is your syncing enabled?

Do you have pending updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Is your library shared with anyone else who has edit access?

Are you signed in with the correct User ID and personal/business account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer, yes SYNC enabled and up-to-date it seems, no pending update (except for the apps that i never update immediately), no shared library and correctly signed-in.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CrisTDesign I see there were some issues noted on Status.adobe.com related to CC Libraries. Perhaps sign out of assets.adobe.com and sign back in and see if there is anything in your libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyersigned out and signed-in again but no library yet. I'll wait few hours to see if they will come back (i hope so, i don't want to prepare from scratch again all the assets i use on daily base). Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. I started a bug report too.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird - mine did the exact same thing last week or the week before. I was having issues with LR not sintalling and after fixing it, PS was gone but I didn't notice for a few days. I reinstalled - like a new intall had to reset all prefs, etc. Difference is I didn't lose any presets. When you make your own stuff - brushes, actions, etc. make sure you save a copy away from Photoshop. I save all of mine on Drop Box. Then you will have that stuff forever. I don't know how you managed to hold onto 20 years worth without doing it this way. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CrisTDesign does your Creative Cloud desktop app show it's actively syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Wanted to let you know the team is working on this and will update when there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert any update on the issue? Is quite annoying have lost the assets i use on daily base, which is forcing me to recreate all of them manually to meet my clients request. To be honest on a paid subscription the latest thing i expect to see is a loss of files stored in a "safe" place like a library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way to find all of my brushes, actions, and settings? 
It is as if I loaded a new copy of PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert as today are already 10 days, did the team not found a solution yet? Can we expect a solution in how much time? days, weeks, months, years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of this happened to me today—I was using Photoshop, and then it froze, I had to force quit, and then Creative Cloud told me I had to install Photoshop. What the what? So I did and I lost all my custom settings, my work history, and my menus don't work at all. What happened?! MacOS Monterey 12.6.2, Photoshop 24.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a month since the first report of the issue and no answer or solution yet. But a bill of the monthly subscribtion sended with perfect timing. This thing start make me a bit angry, did Adobe have interest in solving this issue or what?

As paying customer i would love to have an official update on the issue. While waiting for a solution i wasted time in recreate all the assets i need on daily bases for my clients and which i was sure they were stored in a safe place for which i pay for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my Photoshop settings were completely deleted upon "upgrading" to Photoshop 24.5.0. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix...already happened three times scince august. Though, luckily I didn't loose anything. Windows somehow thinks its still installed and is able to deinstall PS via the usual win tools, instead of trying to reinstall it instantly - allw while saving the personal data and setups. Maybe this helps people until there is a fix... Btw. The latest version and win 11. Also using lazy neuzumi and a little script that actually allows windows users to use the alt key (pretty embarressing to be in the need of a third party software to make it run properly, if you ask me) In case it has somthing to do with such software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines