Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop | What you need to know about Generative Credits

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps generative credit header.jpg

Do you want to learn more about generative credits, how many you have in your account, and how you can use them? You’ve landed in the right place!  

Where can I learn more about generative credits and how they are used?  

This HelpX article covers up-to-date information on generative credits, where they can be used, when they renew, and how credit metering works.  

Is the generative credit metering enforced for my plan?  

Starting January 17, 2024, we will begin enforcing generative credit limits on select plans, including but not limited to Adobe Firefly. This HelpX page on generative credits provides up-to-date information on metering enforcement, so bookmark it for quick access for generative credit updates. 

Where can I access my plan-specific information?  

Your plan-specific information will be available on your Adobe account management page, where you can review your generative credit allocation, usage, and experience when you exhaust your generative credits. If you need additional credits, you can purchase a Generative Credit Add-on plan by clicking here.  

Is there a place where I can learn more about different plans with generative credits?  

If you need to learn more about various plans with generative credits, head to this page. This page provides the side-by-side comparison of plans with generative credits 

Where can I see how many credits I have used in my plan?  

It is now easy to view how many generative credits you have in your Creative Cloud plan.  

Simply go to  Adobe account management page or firefly.adobe.com and click on the avatar in the top right corner to view how many credits are included in your plan and how many monthly credits you have used across all applications.  

The same account view is coming to Adobe Express, Photoshop and Illustrator later in 2024.  

gen_credit_counter_visual_720-1.png

Generative AI related links

Photoshop desktop

Quick Tip: Generate new objects or delete and fill areas using AI

Quick Tip: Use Generative Expand to extend and complete your image

Experience the future of Photoshop with Generative Fill

Explore beyond your canvas borders with Generative Expand

Make selections in your composites

Retouch and repair images

Common questions about generative AI in Photoshop 

Photoshop on the iPad

Generative variations now on your iPad

Photoshop on the web

Quick Tip: Generate new objects or delete and fill areas using AI

Quick Tip: Use Generative Expand to extend and complete your image

Reimagine your images with Generative AI

Photoshop on the web: Common Questions

Adobe Firefy

Adobe Firefly FAQ 

Add or replace an object in image with Generative Fill

Write effective AI prompts to generate extraordinary and relevant content

Content credentials for assets generated with Adobe Firefly

Generative credits in Adobe Firefly

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarking this for future reference.

Creative Community Leader / Educator - Empowering fellow educators with creativity and innovation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pattie-F. I'm confused. It seems that my account is being subject to Generative Credits. The post above says to please disregard the notification about credits starting in November and to check back in January. Which is it? Thanks!

JEL_0-1699313713003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this clarifies things for you:

We have enabled a counter so that people using Firefly-powered generative AI features can easily view their generative credit entitlement & see how many credits they have used. At this time, we are not enforcing credit limits for paid subscribers. Check back after January 1, 2024 for updates about enforcement dates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, That's useful Pattie.  I was surprised to see that I have use more than 80 credits (I assume since 1st November), and I have mainly been using Gen Fill for forum answers.  I mentioned to @kevin stohlmeyer recently that I have duirected a bunch of people to the Gen Credits FAQ, never read the page myself.  I'd say that I'll put that to rights, but it probably won't happen. 😞

Anyway, it's useful to get a handle on our useage before it goes fully live. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how this can be confusing. The counter is in place and will be decremented as you generate content, but the credit limits are not being enforced yet. 

By @Pattie-F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I've used Gen Fill at least 50 times across Firefly, Express, and Photoshop since November 6, my counter still says I have 964/1000 credits left. It was the same count nearly 10 days ago. I guess the use is not updated in real time? Is it bi-weekly or something? Without real-time counting, it will be difficult to estimate how quickly or slowly credits are used each month, since they are not cumulative, and we'll want to make use of the feature accordingly. Can anyone else here take a look to see if their counter is working after each use of GF? Thanks! @Sam31733087srbk, @James33556354loyo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I questioned it, I'm down 8 credits today, lol.

JEL_0-1700241511997.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Creative Cloud for a while now, and this feature has been pretty handy for me. It's a quick way to keep track of those generative credits, so you don't accidentally run out when you need them. Just click on your avatar, and you'll see the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Checking generative credits on the Adobe account portal makes it more convenient. I'll explore the link to learn more about how they function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info @Pattie-F - but I have to admit this isn't very convenient and feels like a complete afterthought of where can a counter be dropped so that's it's visible somewhere with the least impact of development. I don't know many users who consistently keep a web browser open to their Adobe account page to see this counter. I truly hope there are plans to put this in an easy-to-view AND convenient location such as within the apps themselves or in the CC app that is always open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We completely understand that it's not that convenient to see generative credit information in the Adobe account management view. We will bring a similar view to firefly.adobe.com this year and to Express, Photoshop and Illustrator applications in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving the informations about the Photoshop credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credits in this case have nothing to do with attribution or contribution. They are strictly about the computational cost of running AI operations.

You can learn more about generative credits and how they work here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools 

The post you replied to has been sent to spam along with its other posts.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. Yes, it seemed like an odd post but there were no foreign spam links or anything, so I let it go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

The account had ten odd posts, none of which made sense. If it had been just the one I might have corrected it as you did, then let it go.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: for anyone following this thread. Check the post again because the Generative Credit content has been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any way we can see our Gen Creds usage for previous months?  I think the answer is no, and it's my own fault that I decided to check my stats on the first of a new month.  Idiot!  It won't have been close to the 1000 we are allowed (with a full subscription) but I do seem to have been using it a lot more heavily in recent days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines