• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)"

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, from about 2 weeks I have got an error while trying to export JPEGs and PNGs saying "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)". Also often happens, that I don't recieve an error message, but it is just not exporting in these formats. There is no problems with PSDs or TIFs by the way. I have got enough RAM for this trvial task - 16 GB and no other major apps working in the background and after years of using these apps there were no problems with finishing more complicated tasks in Photoshop than exporting an JPEGs or PNGs.

I digged into this problem and I've tried to adjust in Photoshop's preferences values of RAM usage between 70 and 95% - it doesn't help.

I digged into Adobe's forum too and I've found following posts:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-save-file-as-jpeg-because-there...

and the solution for that was:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-save-file-as-jpeg-because-there...

and I don't know what to do, because I use Photoshop 2022 and in this "tutorial" it says that this problem was solved in 2018 update of Photoshop, and we have 2022 so I am not sure if it is this problem or not, and I don't know if I should try to fix it this way (which seems scary to me). Should I risk and try it or there can be an easier solution?

I also found this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quot-could-not-complete-your-request-...

which seems to be kinda unsolved...

What should I do to fix it? Should I uninstall Photoshop and install it again? Will I lose all my settings, preferences, workspaces, color palettes, libraries then? Will I have to manually install all previously downloaded brushes and fonts again? That would be so bad... Or is it saved on my account?

This is a screenshot from my preferences (by the way, I got a different error message trying to make a screenshot there, but I finally made it while opening another window of another app on the side of the screen):

photoshop błąd.png

Computer that I use:

Informations about my computer:

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

64 bit

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51

It has 256 GB SSD replaced with a Samsung's 1TB SSD 11 months ago, because 1st one was broken.

Please, can you help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that its not a RAM issue - how much scratch disk space is available (preferences/scratch disk)?

Also do not increase PS RAM allocation past 90% - this can cause RAM errors if PS cannot access that much RAM consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyerIt seems that I have enough scratch disck space avalible (screenshot), but the file I have problems with has 7 layers (7 photos 6000x4000 pixels, and it was inserted as RAW files at the beginning) and because I can't export it in PNG or JPG, because of an error I saved it in TIF and those TIFs have suspiciously large size - about 500 mb each photo after saving as TIF. I wonder why? Maybe that's the reason of all problems? I think it might attatched all 7 layers to every photo although I made them invisible, but I don't know how to save or export without them... ps blad2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453I can try it but before I do it I would like to know if I will lose all my settings, preferences, workspaces, color palettes, libraries then? Will I have to manually install all previously downloaded brushes and fonts again? 

Also I have another returning problem - some of my color palettes from Adobe Color shows in my library, some never... Can all these errors be somehow connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TIF files can be large if you are saving with layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines