• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recent files missing

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried going into the preferences after looking at the answers on here to find the solution, but there was a change in the general setting from there being a check mark to something called; " show start work space when no documents are present ". I've updated yesterday and since opening today to do some stuff I havent been able to see my recent drawings in a small thumbnail. Now I'm not the best at being organized or naming files and what not so im just wondering if there is something to change this feature. Thank you and have a nice day.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

I've had to go back to v22.1.1 in order to get it back!  Wow...C'mon Adobe...it's like you don't use your own product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hurrahhhh, the recent file thumbnails are back!  Obviously a glitch in the new update which Adobe have now rectified. 

Now I just need to get Liquify to work without having to hold down the Alt key first (so far none of the suggested fixes have worked).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets start from the very basic. What is selected in the top left corner of the Start screen?

start screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be silly. Recent files are not showing up. I have "Home" selected, as I am sure I have in every update of Photoshop. I do not change it. Do your recent files show up? BTW, I do not use Lightroom, so clicking on lightroom photos will not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aug. 3, 2021. The recent files showed up like magic. I guess Adobe screwed up and received enough complaints they fixed the problem. I almost downloaded Gimp, even though I really didn't want to learn a new system. Thank you Adobe! (I'll keep my subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally just now!  Yippee!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voila. It's magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates visible on my end. Maybe Canada is a little behind on the update releases? What's the version number? Mine is 22.4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update was required. I simply opened up photoshop and the thumbnails appeared. Still running 22.4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there was an update. Adobe is using their new TUS* method of getting out updates. You don't actually see those being installed. They are just there. It's quite efficient.

(*TUS - Telepathic Update System - you think it, you get it (be very careful what you wish for...))

😄  ðŸ˜„  ðŸ˜„   

Just for the record, this is scaring me a bit. Mine are back too. I wonder if they programmed in a time sensitive routine just to see what we'd say/do? Or, someone got their dates mixed up and thought it was April Fools 😄  . Anyway, yeah, mine's back as well. Go figure. Now if you'll excuse me, I think the Home World is calling me on the other line... .

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been removed in the latest update.  It's not even a listed option anymore.  I've had to go back to v22.1.1 in order to get it back!  ??????   Anyway... Do the following:

1. Open CC App.

2. Click on the ALL APPS Menu item on the top left.

3. Find PS listed in the center of the screen.  Click on the 3 dots ...

4. Select OTHER VERSIONS

5. Select v22.1.1 to install.  

It will remove the current version and install the version you selected.  

Back up your custom shapes, brushes etc. it should keep them, but just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! 

it's funny that the problem appears after we update a new version, and can't be solved when backing to the most recent old version, but having to jump back to 22.1.1 lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the shortcut "ctrl+0" used to set the image to fit screen and "crtl+1" would zoom image to 100%. Neither one of these work anymore. I wonder if they are trying to make everybody quit the photography plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LVBuzzy , FWIW, I'm not seeing that issue on my iMac (Big Sur). Could this be an issue specific to your machine? I've not been reading of any other instances of that here. Could check to see if you have your NumLock on/off if on a PC. Not sure if that would affect that or not, but it might be worth a look.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Glen the NumLock was pushed. I'm using a PC and there is no light to show if the Numlock is on or off, only a CapLock light. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LVBuzzy wrote:

the shortcut "ctrl+0" used to set the image to fit screen and "crtl+1" would zoom image to 100%. Neither one of these work anymore.

They work for me. 

• Look in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Are you using the default set or have you customized the shortcuts? What does it list for the shortcuts here? Also look in the View menu. Does it have the proper shortcuts next to the menu item?
  • Try double-clicking the Zoom tool and Hand tool as a workaround (short term)
  • If no one else is having the same issue, try resetting preferences after backing up customization.
    Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit

Let us know.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

False alarm Jane. My CapLock button got pushed accidentally and there is no light for it, only a CapsLock light. Thank you for your reply. Now if only somebody would do something to get the recent file thumbnails back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear the shortcut issue is fixed, @LVBuzzy .

For the Recent File Thumbnails, please add to this thread so the Adobe developers see it. As users, all we can to is sympathize. 😊

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/recent-work-not-showing-home-page-has-nothing...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this has been a persistent issue for many updates. Fixed them back, then fixed.  Is there a fix for this one, this time around?  Super unhelpful for workflow to be missing this option.  I don't even have it as an option in the preferences menu.  It's simply not listed.  

unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 000rick000, I think I am having the same issue. On the home screen there used to be a cool feature that I used all the time that showed my recent files. Now it's been replaced with a drag and drop feature that I will never use. Is this also your situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, precisely.  I make textures for gaming and it's a MAJOR hassle now to have to go back to selecting the file manually in the folder.  I used to use the giant thumbnail and filename to quickly switch between.  This is a MASSIVE STEP BACKWARD.  This is not an improvement in any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here Rite_Oak. This is rediculous, I update to 22.4.3 and the recent file thumbnails is gone. The best answer is "go back to an older version". Really? Did Adobe hire goofball Trump or something? Oh well, I'll see if they can correct this, or I'll start looking for something better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the "Other Versions" option in CC app, and installed the previous 3 versions.  No luck.  Still has No option for the Recent files despit telling me that it's the older version in the "About Photoshop" file menu under help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to go back to v22.1.1 in order to get it back!  Wow...C'mon Adobe...it's like you don't use your own product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can't be the only right answer. 22.4.3 works properly for me if I switch the language to Dutch, so this is something that comes up with only certain interface languages (US English, in my case). That tells me that either there is a workaround/repair that just hasn't been identified yet, or that there's somehow a bug that only affects the program when certain languages are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines