• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby zoom selectivly greyed out

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using two windows scrub zoom is only available for one of them. (Likley not a problem with OpenGL)

Using OS windows 7, Version cs6 photoshop.

Photoshop scrubby zoom.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Valorous Hero , Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Hi ryani52057397

Would you please try the following steps:

• Go to Edit - Preferences - Performance.
  • Click the [ Advanced Settings... ] button in the GPU Settings group.
  • Change the Mode to Basic.
  • Close and restart Photoshop.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

I don' know if this will help anyone but i had a similar issue, my scrubby zoom being greyed out and all, looked at a whole bunch of these conversations, tried all the graphics processor advanced settings thing and nothing worked I couldnt find a solution that worked online anywhere, but I fiddled around and figured this out.

If its greyed out and nothing else works it could be your GPU, either its not powerful enough or your dumb computer is using the weaker GPU for your cintiq or whatever scree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryani52057397

Would you please try the following steps:

• Go to Edit - Preferences - Performance.
  • Click the [ Advanced Settings... ] button in the GPU Settings group.
  • Change the Mode to Basic.
  • Close and restart Photoshop.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help

~Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening the preferences, it say "An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted." i can't even go to performance setting. That alert is always show up every time i click preference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, amazing!

this solution fixed ALL of my ZOOM and SCROLL LAGGING issues I was having. now I can smoothly and quickly zoom in and out with any method or tool ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution. But is there a better way so that I can use "Advanced" mode, not limited by "Basic"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but my photoshop updated on the 29th of August 2022 and since the update my scrubby zoom has been disabled and greyed out. I tried this method but this is all I see in my advanced settings.Screenshot (932).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since yesterday 😞 My options are the same. Please let me know if you find a solutin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have recorded this video where I show you how you can solve this problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaxg0WaQW7k&t=20s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured out a method that worked for me close out Photoshop. Once closed shift ckicl on it from your desktop(or from creative cloud) when you shift click you should see a pop-up that says "skip loading optional and third paty plug-ins" click yes. That fixed me it for me let me knwo if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Advanced settings are greyed out as well. What can I do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sylvia,

If your video card doesn't support it, it will be greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine last week! I updated Photoshop and suddenly it didn't work. When I went back to earlier versions it still was greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance Use Graphics Processor needs to be checked? (Just hoping...)

Please show a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have the same problem too. Also working up until recently Screenshot (159).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here..,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this problem has actually been solved. Mine was also working fine until suddenly it stopped.

I think it has to do with RAM intensive files. One of my PSDs allows scrubby zoom, but another doesn't.

I'm not keen on the consistency of this at all. As it's not immediately obvious as to which method you're meant to use on a per-file basis?

Crazy. It's like the new and completely inconsistent scale tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and it works! As someone that learned Photoshop with Scrubby Zoom enabled this is a life saver when it happens to turn off every now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and it does not work. Any other fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a long recurring problem for me, and the problem has not been sufficiently solved. Some things I have noticed. Sometimes when using lightroom CC classic and photoshop at the same time a lot of ram is used up photoshop turns off some of their features to still function properly. Turn off lightroom restart photoshop scrubby zoom is back. The 'more complicated problem' sometimes, when updates for my Nvidia graphics cards are installed it dramatically changes the screen experience and I have to reset my dull monitors and other settings, and scrubby zoom is unavailable till either adobe updates photoshop or Nvidia updates the graphics cards or I find a solution first. Best thing for me is to get used to not using scrubby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... I have ,physically on the back of my computer, put both monitors on one Nvidia graphics card, leaving the other card just for adobe stuff. Scrubby Zoom is back! and Photoshop is running smoother and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don' know if this will help anyone but i had a similar issue, my scrubby zoom being greyed out and all, looked at a whole bunch of these conversations, tried all the graphics processor advanced settings thing and nothing worked I couldnt find a solution that worked online anywhere, but I fiddled around and figured this out.

If its greyed out and nothing else works it could be your GPU, either its not powerful enough or your dumb computer is using the weaker GPU for your cintiq or whatever screen tablet you're using like mine was, so go to display settings (windows 10 btw) and then under the multiple displays section, under graphics settings, select classic app>browse>find where photoshop.exe is stored> select> select high performance>restart computer, this fixed it for me, hope it helps someone else if they're having the same issue I was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is GOLD and should be marked as the right answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rahuld43588169 wrote:

This is GOLD and should be marked as the right answer!

Threads can have multiple correct answers, so Zingleberrie's post has been added as correct.   He or she deserves the accolade for his or her uber cool username!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines