• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Levels dialog Resizeable

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the Levels dialog could be made resizeable? I've always thought it a bit small, but now I'm using a hi-res monitor it's tiny. Either stepped fixed sizes or a resize drag icon in the corner would suffice. It's seemingly been the same size since the beginning.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the whole UI in prefs but it doesn't make it much larger.  

2024-07-09_14-21-03.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's just the Levels dialog really - it''s so small, and I use it a lot, so it would just be handy to be able to scale it up sommewhat, even if it were just a fixed '2X' it would be tter than this. On a hi-res monitor it really is very small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't it follow the Windows scaling factor like the rest of the UI?

You're not supposed to do this in PS preferences, but in Windows.

(travelling without Photoshop, so can't check).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar requests have been made for curves.

The same issues would apply, as the histogram uses a single pixel for each 8 bpc level in the image, it would need to scale the histogram by using 2 pixels for a single level etc.

So fixed larger sizes of the histogram within the enlarged window, x2, x3, x4 times larger etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I appreciate that randomly scaling the graph itself would be awkward, so 2X or 3X would be perfectly acceptable to me. My new monitor is double the resolution of the older one now, so many UI elements have shrunk drastically. They're very sharp though 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have voted on the topic (not the replies to the topic).

You can also vote for curves here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-curve-adjustment-graph-dialog-size-is-tin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Phil Wolstenholme23 

Just to be clear (as I said I can't check this myself now) - the UI scaling factor you set in Windows does not affect the Levels or Curves graphs? If it doesn't, that's an obvious bug. The whole interface outside of the image itself should follow the Windows scaling factor.

I understand the fixed pixel size of these graphs as such; that's a different issue. That's not what we're discussing here. But it should be scalable as part of the whole Photoshop interface, the same way as icons and all other UI elements scale with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using two monitors though, and one is double the resolution of the other, so I don't want to scale Windows at all - I don't want to rescale the Photoshop UI either - just individual dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can scale monitors independently in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know. But I want Adobe to increase the size of the Levels dialog. And the Curves dialog. As someone else pointed out, it's been the same since 1992, and I pay a lot of money for this stuff, and frankly don't see much improvement in the basic stuff. I couldn't give two hoots about AI or any of that guff, I just want the application to be easy to use, and in some areas, it isn't, and it should be. If my request isn't acceptable, fine, but I don't have the time to debate all the other ways in which things can be re-scaled or not. Now I've seen how long the request for the Curves dialog to be increased in size has gone on, I'm not hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate