• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my name to the list. 

I've found the past few splash screens unsightly—but the latest splash artwork for Photoshop CC 2018 is jarring enough that I'm searching out how to disable it. Imagine if everytime you went to snap a photo you were first forced to look at an image you didn't like. I find it actually disrupts my focus when loading the software. Please provide an option to remove it. 

Sincerely,
Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking support recently of taking down the splash too. But got no reasonable answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take the faceless woman over the ugly woman any day. ADOBE, REPLACE IT NOW!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE, REPLACE THIS HIDEOUS SPLASH SCREEN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking to Forum volunteers. We have no say in the programming decisions.

This will get you closer to the product managers.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please to enjoy.

weirdo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Higher in the thread we found out that a shortcut link with the option -NoSplash (on Windows) will start the program without this incredibly garish image. I don't want to leave Photoshop running all the time, but I can usually remember to click the Shortcut as the first step when it isn't already loaded.

Lightroom "Classic" (I am really doubting Adobe's sanity over that rename) has a switch in the Preferences dialog to turn off the splash. It should be so easy for Photoshop to add this switch or just show the program icon instead of this shambles.

Please stop scaring us. Halloween is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't decide if she's been battered or had a bad acid trip. Whatever it's suppposed to be, it is repulsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second this.

Using peoples faces is very concrete. Not everyone will identify with a specific face.

Best Photoshop splash screens, the guy in the spiralling rockface and the girl walking towards a tree. Impersonal enough to apply to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was wrong with this? Clear identity, yet flexible enough to give each release its own distinct flavor:

cc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can live with this splash screen, but can't work out why it took two artists to create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC 2018:  Please either remove or allow me to remove that awful image of the starved beat up woman on the splash screen. It is depressing and not at all conducive to my creativity.  PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not the only one that thinks I'm looking at a woman whose life has somehow gone horribly wrong.  I've quit watching PS launch, preferring to do something else. But it must have appealed to many people to have them decide to go with it, and I think they're currently rightly busy fixing other more critical issues. Hopefully, after that, they'll be terribly busy with producing great features. We can look away and hope they don't come up with an equally depressing sight for their next splash screen.

If they do spend a lot of time redesigning the splash screen so we can put what we want onto it, you can expect they'll receive a lot of criticism for working on a feature that is not all that critical to anyone's workflow instead of on any of the other things that we consider vital.  <g>

But perhaps enough votes will convince them that to us it really is worth the man-hours recoding it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen lots of complaints about this splash screen on other websites.  So it isn't just you and me.  I doubt the person that selected this image was a woman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think that the woman on the splash screen appears to be an abuse victim, Darlene. I have known too many women who have been abused and the Splash Screen Woman looks like too many of the ones that I have met.

Whether or not this art is intended to draw attention to the plight of abused women (I don't know), I think that the Photoshop Splash Screen is an inappropriate place for this art -- there is no explanation or title. It is unimaginable to me that the artists (both women) would allow this picture to be featured without some kind of explanation.

But this is a very controversial splash screen image -- and I question Adobe's decision-making that is behind featuring it.

How in the world could Adobe have thought that this portrays a good image of a woman or a good illustration of what can be done through Photoshop???

Or were the decision-makers unconcerned about the impact of this picture on how people view women?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although some of us apparently have had the same reaction—that  at least she's seriously disturbed by something— perhaps others only saw the harsh, bold colors and geometric shapes spelling "modern" to them?

> I doubt the person that selected this image was a woman.>

I couldn't hazard a guess, except that it was a committee at the end of the day, after however many eliminating rounds. She at least is well outside of any stereotypical representation of women.  '-} But yes, if they want me to feel some empathetic pain each time I launch Photoshop, they've succeeded. At least I now don't think I'm being oversensitive. <s>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to look at it from an artistic viewpoint, but I just can't get past the other part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we're not supposed to get past anything when we look at art. <g> I can't separate my response from the execution—the one evokes the other— but I have been wrong about how others respond to the same thing. That's why I don't want to begin to judge how others viewed it or why they either created it or picked it.

However, maybe they'll learn something from our response to it and pick something next time that is a little less jarring, without going overboard into the saccharin. If it's butterflies and bunnies, at least demonstrate some humor through them.  <bg>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...."empathetic pain"... !?  For me it is a disgust. Nothing else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> .."empathetic pain"... !?  For me it is a disgust. Nothing else.>

I take it you don't see the subject's pain and suffering in her expression? Like I said, how people respond isn't something I can assume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I don't look at it. Once was enough. I don't want to start my work with that sort of emotions and go in depth of that .... mmm...  so-called art. Yeah... it is amateur's work and have no WOW effect and doesn't inspire a hunger to go ahead and reach the same heights.
I exaggerate, of course, but would you start from the Munk's Scream daily? Negative emotions harm my creativity. May be there are people who get inspiration from this, but I doubt if we would like to see their works in our daily lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of critical and super-defensive stuff about the new (2018 - since this request seems to have been being ignored for a lot longer than that) splash screen art.  I won't side with the "Ugly art is ugly." folks or the "omg search your feelings, all art is beautiful!" folks but I will point out the obvious...

Very many (I assume most) of us who open Photoshop every day are creative professionals.  We open Photoshop as a key part of going to work.  It'd be nice if we could choose what image inspires us while we wait for it to load up. Disabling the splash art is ok, as a work-around, but customization would be better.

If "challenging your perceptions" is part of your work flow, more power to you - even you'd benefit from the ability to change the splash screen art, so you could put something even uglier in there, and really challenge yourself.

There have been images I loved and images I was more "meh" about, but this last one is the only one I remember that makes me wince and look away every time.  It's NOT a nice way to go to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The days of bird feathers and geometric shapes were quite good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you, please, speak for yourself. There is no need in conjoining me to your WE here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate